Bryant backs new restrictions on abortion in Miss.

There are 9 comments on the Jan 10, 2013, Sunherald.com story titled Bryant backs new restrictions on abortion in Miss.. In it, Sunherald.com reports that:

Phil Bryant told several dozen pastors and other abortion opponents Thursday that he supports a bill that would ban the procedure once a fetal heartbeat can be detected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sunherald.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#21 Jan 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws are passed all the time modifying people's behavior.
RvW didn't standardize abortion law across states (obviously-see the article)-it just decriminalized abortion.
And left the private critical decision up to the women,their doctors,and only those involved and NOT local and state politicians.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#22 Jan 27, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>And left the private critical decision up to the women,their doctors,and only those involved and NOT local and state politicians.
Or religious entities who float through life basing their convictions on "manmade" mythologies.

Thanks again for the "cigar chomping" comment, still laughing about that one!

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#23 Jan 27, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He hasn't suggested it.
Before you jump on the Sisters of Sappho bandwagon with Morgana, recall that the 1973 SCOTUS was an all-male assebly.
Poor Dan...runs again to the "lesbian" corner when confronted by strong hetro women who don't by his hetro religiously based philosophy. Don't forget to use whore/slut in attempting to be condescending in order to sway women your way.

What would one call a group of supposedly celibate males who bar women from their conclave? I guess we will have to think about that for a while?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#24 Jan 28, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dan...runs again to the "lesbian" corner when confronted by strong hetro women who don't by his hetro religiously based philosophy. Don't forget to use whore/slut in attempting to be condescending in order to sway women your way.
What would one call a group of supposedly celibate males who bar women from their conclave? I guess we will have to think about that for a while?
You ran the "guys don't count" card, not me.

Don't use it if you don't like being called out on it.
Ocean56

AOL

#25 Jan 28, 2013
Dan wrote:
You ran the "guys don't count" card, not me.
Don't use it if you don't like being called out on it.
Actually, guys DON'T count, not in a WOMAN's personal decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Funny how many anti-choice guys who will never have to suffer what are often the miseries of pregnancy feel they have the "right" to dictate to women what they "should" do.

I'm just very glad I don't live in Mississippi, and feel very sorry for the women who do.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#26 Jan 31, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>And left the private critical decision up to the women,their doctors,and only those involved and NOT local and state politicians.
Well, yeah it did leave the matter up to state and local pols, as it can be regulated at that level.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#27 Jan 31, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, guys DON'T count, not in a WOMAN's personal decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy. Funny how many anti-choice guys who will never have to suffer what are often the miseries of pregnancy feel they have the "right" to dictate to women what they "should" do.
I'm just very glad I don't live in Mississippi, and feel very sorry for the women who do.
The 1973 SCOTUS was all-male. Throw the verdict out?

After all, "guys" DON'T count", right?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#28 Jan 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, yeah it did leave the matter up to state and local pols, as it can be regulated at that level.
The states and locals couldn't fairly regulate terminations without getting the Bible thumpers and politicians involved. Roe V Wade leveled the playing field. If you support the right of a woman to make that decision,you have that right. If you DON'T support that right, then you have your sayso too. Restricting women's rights will make a giant step..........backwards.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#29 Jan 31, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1973 SCOTUS was all-male. Throw the verdict out?
After all, "guys" DON'T count", right?
These guys counted. They gave women the right to SAFE legal abortion as opposed to illegal and unsafe which is where the anti choice movement wishes to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Call Me Juan 19,855
News 'It'll be all right' 8 hr Long Year 6
Who is the moderatior of topix in ridgeland ms? Sat Calhoon Mayes 1
Anyone know Sybil Crenshaw?Can you give me a ad... Apr 25 Fran 3
best hair and makeup artist around Apr 24 Frank 2
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For (Dec '13) Apr 24 SoSad 74
News Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... (Jun '14) Apr 23 Babydoll 62
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]