Retired educator dies in Jackson hous...

Retired educator dies in Jackson house fire

There are 2 comments on the The Clarion-Ledger story from Jan 24, 2012, titled Retired educator dies in Jackson house fire. In it, The Clarion-Ledger reports that:

Chief Fire Investigator Gregory Travis and investigators Charles Felton and Scott Peacock examine wiring while investigating the cause of a house fire that claimed the life of Geneva Nelson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Clarion-Ledger.

Rachel H Grissom

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jan 26, 2012
Miss Nelson was one of the kindest, most loving and compassionate women I had the pleasure of knowing. She believed in paying her own way and didn't want anyone to give her anything. She worked hard, very hard to attain her achievements. She was a faithful daughter and cared for her mother in her home until her mother's death at the age of 90+ in 2007.
She was an active, faithful member of St. Mary's Catholic Church on Claiborne Avenue in south Jackson. She and my uncle (J. Singletary), were best friends and she was instrumental in his conversion to Catholicism. She and my uncle, became the godparents to a young lady in their parish years ago. They remained best friends until his death in 2008.
Miss Nelson loved children, though she had none of her own, she considered sll the children of the Jackson Public School System her children. Wherever she went, she was recognized by those 'children' in her travels.
Though her health was declining, she refused to let that get her down. She was always more concerned about the church or someone else.
God Bless and keep you Miss Nelson. You will be sorely missed on earth and welcomed home in heaven.
Love,
Rachel H. Grissom
Mary L Horton

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 Jan 26, 2012
Miss Nelson was a warm caring person,she cared and loved all of her JPS students. Oh what a beautiful lady.

Mary L. Horton

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Buck Rohde 20,926
Public Radio and TV Tue Charles 1
Trump/Putin Steamroom Pix Mar 18 Secure Order 1
Jackson Ms ( HATE AND MURDER) Mar 18 Oh my god 2
Jackson Police ( REPENT) ( REPENT) Mar 11 WAR ON JESUS 1
Those Who Hate God ( REPENT) Mar 10 WAR ON GOD 1
Murder Murder Murder Jackson Ms Mar 10 WAR ON GOD 1

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages