How would you rate Tupelo police?

Oct 26, 2012 Full story: Newms360.com 59

Residents currently have the chance to report what they like and don't like about Tupelo's police force.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
BNC

Tupelo, MS

#45 Feb 5, 2013
To many cops not enough crime.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#46 Feb 6, 2013
How about giving everyone a hand grenade and let them have it out.
ShannonResident

Shannon, MS

#47 Feb 7, 2013
Most of Tupelo police are fuckin cowards.! They stay in low income neighborhoods harrasing and setting up roadblocks.! The white communities need patroling too..! Leave or kids alone (young black men and women).. These police are not angels.! I tell every young person, if you are ever stopped by police then try to record every word with your cell phone if you can.. We need more honest black men on the force who knw what it means to be a minority in the most rasicst place in the world.. We need to expose the cowards if not we will keep finding our kids dead by the hands of these blue suited devils.. Some are good honest ppl.. But there are very few. Fck Tupelo Police Chief, Deputy and all... Thanx
anon

Tupelo, MS

#48 Feb 7, 2013
Cops go whee the crime is. If you pull the tricks you pull in the neighborhoods where people do not care about crime in neighborhood that does care you get arrested as people do call for help as they-hold you with their force. For example who in the black neighborhood calls the police when you toss a piece of trash on the ground? Who picks it up? Crime is where people are apathetic.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#49 Feb 7, 2013
If Hughes can assault a woman in the Lee/Tupelo jail with callous indifference

http://djournal.com/view/full_story/21651072/...

can we not assume that such behavior is somewhat common at the jail. How many Tupelo police officers and Lee County officers were there to witness Hughes' assault yet it has taken all these months to bring him to cop a plea. How many others have been assaulted at the jail but keep quiet? And the mayor and sheriff are proud intimidation keeps the victims silent.
Hatetherruth

Hattiesburg, MS

#50 Feb 7, 2013
I've been beaten by a Tupelo police officer. They altered the reports and made a crime when there was none after entering my home without warrent. It's easy to say well you must have deserved it, if your the average American its hard to accept this happens. Your black, blah blah, your white blah blah. Well there was no 911 call like they said, they put me in the hospital, I was beaten while sleeping in my bed. I still have Tupelo police officer witnesses , but there is so much politics, even with 100 percent truth no one cares and I mean no one. Again I've contacted the FBI the department of justice ect. And this has not just effected me cause, I am a man, it is a dog eat dog world, it has effected my custody of my child. Now and I probobly only shouldn't say things like this online, but now I cary a handgun. Not for the reason of fear of the people but I will never be beaten again by a officer. So the truth is a felon with a gun......Why?
Anonymous

Ripley, MS

#51 Feb 7, 2013
Any officer of the law who witnesses an assault on anyone and does nothing to stop said assault is as guilty as the officer who is accused of committing the assault. Why was no one else charged in the Hughes case? Think......

Furthermore, if you are reading this and were truly beaten by any law enforcement officer, right now is the time to come forward. Contact Hughes' attorneys and I am sure they can tell you who you need to file charges with. However, isn't it quite odd that this woman who was supposedly "beaten" has never appeared? Almost five years before charges were filed? Something smells fishy about this whole thing. What do you think?
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#52 Feb 8, 2013
I have heard numerous stories of abuse at the hands of Tupelo and Lee County law enforcement. There is likely some fact to all the stories and a great deal of fact in a few. But when you consider that stories of abuse have been told to me, some first hand, when I live in a quiet neighborhood and tend to mind my own business it becomes quite likely that there truly are problems at the jail in particular and with local law enforcement officers in general.

Eveyone needs to realize that the Daily urinal makes no effort to find and report the truth. The Daily Urinal papers over the truth.
messiah

Lucedale, MS

#53 Feb 9, 2013
The tupelo police scare me a little. I have reasons that I would prefer not to go into detail about but if a cop happens to pull me over when I am driving I try my hardest to stop somewhere that has plenty of people around.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#54 Feb 9, 2013
messiah wrote:
The tupelo police scare me a little. I have reasons that I would prefer not to go into detail about but if a cop happens to pull me over when I am driving I try my hardest to stop somewhere that has plenty of people around.
Why would you give a policeman reason to pull you over? The law states that he has to suspect you of doing something against the law. That means you can have him fired if he has no suspicious reason.
messiah

Lucedale, MS

#55 Feb 9, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you give a policeman reason to pull you over? The law states that he has to suspect you of doing something against the law. That means you can have him fired if he has no suspicious reason.
I see you aren't familiar with how the real world works. They don't need a reason, they can just make one up. Then it is my word vs a police officer. I wonder who a judge would side with on that one.
Dan

Saltillo, MS

#56 Feb 22, 2013
tanya Mayo with Lee county 911 is the biggest backstabbing Beach! Watch your back guys! She keeps shit stirred up in dispatch and thinks she is the supreme Queen! Cut throat to her co-workers sucking butt to boss!
anon

Tupelo, MS

#57 Feb 22, 2013
"I see you aren't familiar with how the real world works."
==========
Driving over one million miles I never got pulled over or had an accident. I do not use a cell phone of drive an illegal car.
The real world does not make a spectacle of themselves.
smarter

United States

#58 Feb 23, 2013
Dan wrote:
tanya Mayo with Lee county 911 is the biggest backstabbing Beach! Watch your back guys! She keeps shit stirred up in dispatch and thinks she is the supreme Queen! Cut throat to her co-workers sucking butt to boss!
Dan we worked with you at 911. You had sexual comments to share so you were let go. Tanya has been nothing but good to me. Lay off of her or we'll come find you and your satellite truck.
Dan

Saltillo, MS

#60 Feb 25, 2013
smarter wrote:
<quoted text> Dan we worked with you at 911. You had sexual comments to share so you were let go. Tanya has been nothing but good to me. Lay off of her or we'll come find you and your satellite truck.

Seriously Tanya has issues and there is a reason she has never been married!!!! She is the Biggest B and that is meant more than one way!
In the Know

Mendenhall, MS

#61 Feb 26, 2013
smarter wrote:
<quoted text> Dan we worked with you at 911. You had sexual comments to share so you were let go. Tanya has been nothing but good to me. Lay off of her or we'll come find you and your satellite truck.
God, what do we have here a combination of the FBI and CIA? "We'll come and find you and your satellite truck"?

Everybody in a police department understands that the average police dispatcher is the lowest enity in any police department.
They consist of low IQ females to police wanabes to that person just above the local photo nut that you see at the scene of crime and fires.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#62 Feb 26, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously Tanya has issues and there is a reason she has never been married!!!! She is the Biggest B and that is meant more than one way!
She was married. He passed away in a car wreck. Your bitterness is showing for getting fired for inapporpriate actions
Hiddentruth

Terry, MS

#63 Apr 23, 2013
It's been brought to my attention that a certain person has been recertifiied to be an officer after writing false police reports. After 5 years he has decided to become an officer again. And his Facebook posts, would lead one to believe he has become A Christian, I'm all about forgiveness when it's true, but what if he's never addressed the damage he's done, and the suffering he's put into place that has not been straightend out just a few years ago.
Teato

Tupelo, MS

#64 Apr 23, 2013
Face book is nothing but a crime history. The FBI uses it to find if you are a criminal. It is evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Pastor LDM 19,381
Why the Left Should Look to Jackson, Mississippi Wed Swedenforever 5
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Oct 20 Geoscientist 1,990
Flooding in areas of Central Mississippi Oct 15 ACE MILNER 1
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... Oct 15 Swedenforever 27
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Oct 8 CurtainsCoverEmpt... 1,101
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For (Dec '13) Oct 4 Dan the man 49
Jackson Dating
Find my Match

Jackson Jobs

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance