How would you rate Tupelo police?

Oct 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newms360.com

Residents currently have the chance to report what they like and don't like about Tupelo's police force.

Comments
21 - 40 of 59 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2013
Beiber Lover

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

LEO on Patrol wrote:
No matter, its if little consiquence, soon we will get the respect we deserve. There are laws being put into motion that will protect us LEOs from civies such as yourselves. More importantly, the upcoming change to DLs and how we are able to identify you without leaving our squad cars, ie radio frequency tracking scanners.
What are you some kinda KKK elitest NWO member ???
Donna Fan

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Get with Donna Adams in Ripley. Lady_Grace2010@yahoo.com

The more the better! Bring in ALL the counties!!! Make a statement!!
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

"how we are able to identify you without leaving our squad cars, ie radio frequency tracking scanners"
==========
I have a strong magnet and transmitter that will wipe out that signal for good.
It comes back to a technology war that benefits the vendors.
thatdude

Lucedale, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

anon wrote:
It is impossible for the police to do their job when the city council makes laws and do not fund the enforcement.
Yo air time i be puffin on dank these punk *** polices tryna knock a dude
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

thatdude wrote:
<quoted text> Yo air time i be puffin on dank these punk *** polices tryna knock a dude
Improving Tupelo's education would not be a bad idea either. Perhaps we could divide the children by rank of progress.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Far too many "peace officers" are unable to understand that there is an "intent of law" and the "letter of the law," and when the letter of the law interferes with the intent of the law the law is null.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

" "intent of law"

That is the judge's call.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

No. anon. A great deal of day to day police enforcement is at the discretion of the officer. If they don't like the music you play they pull you over if it's loud. If they like your music it's never too loud. etc., etc., etc.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

"A great deal of day to day police enforcement is at the discretion of the officer"
==========
That is only that they can give you a summons to appear before a judge and the judge decides between your testimony and the cops.
Many consider going to court punishment yet it is a citizens privilege to present your case.

Few Americans understand or practice their civic responsibility.
fwiw

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Going to court is punishment, anon. The vast majority of adults in Tupelo cannot afford to take off half a day to sit in court and knowing the deck is stacked against them leaves a bitter taste in the mouth of "victims" of petty enforcement of laws. And it is a certainty that the court sees the vast majority of defendants in traffic court as guilty until proven innocent.

Maybe you can afford to see court as an opportunity to be a good citizen. anon. The vast majority of people lined up at Tupelo city court are not so fortunate.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

"The vast majority of people lined up at Tupelo city court are not so fortunate. "
==========
When money becomes the most important thing in life we have a problem with society. Jury duty is also a civic responsibility yet many try to get out of it. Voting also and we have 60% going to the poles? What we get is what most deserve because they refuse to give to the community being selfish for their own gains. Many live beyond their means as attested to borrowing money and the government is no exception. It amounts to greed rather than wisdom.
Awake

Frisco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

First off, I actually enjoy your posts anon. But on this subject I know u are unknowingly nieve. In fact everybody reading this still has hope, faith, and a belief that justice prevails. The honest to goodness truth is. Our judges are instructing the court reporters to delete important facts out of appeals to prevent justice. The officers original reports are being altered and everyone is none the wiser. For fact I can prove the entire top tier of the tupelo police department is and are corrupt, the fbi shunned me, the department of justice flat out told me we may go after the people that tortured you, but you will never know if we addressed the situation. Well thats fine and all, but the truth is after 10 years of seperation from my child, I am a danger.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

We know 90% of reported crime goes unpunished and we have 3 million in prison. Tupelo judges use religious law because they are elected by religious people. You have to appeal to a higher court just as it took pray out of pontotoc schools.

Justice means different things to different people. Read "A Theory of Justice" by John Rawls to see what I mean. If the top tier is corrupt then you have the duty to follow it through with the FBI and provide evidence. Sometimes we confuse subjective judgement with perceptions. That is why education is so very important.
Rod Knox

Aberdeen, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

LEO has no business wearing a badge and carrying a gun. There are far too many officers with personality disorders such as his. I am more and more convinced that a video camera should be on when stopped by a police officer. Maybe I'll look for a good deal this week.
Shonda

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Cut Tupelo PD some slack. They have to deal with a lot of idiots every single day. They put their life on the line every single day. When they walk out the door to start their shift, they have wives, children, parents praying they come home safe to them and they obviously don't do it for the money. I'm sure there are those who take advantage of their position but there are people in every profession who do that. I have MHP, Police, And Military men in my family and I am thankful everyday for the sacrifices they make to keep us safe and orderly in a really messed up world. The best thing any of us can do is remember them wen we are on our knees at night.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

"they obviously don't do it for the money"
==========
They have an IQ about 100 so they can not get occupations that require much mental activity. Police should not be judges as their job is to make arrests. There are vocations that are a lot more risky that do not need big egos.
citizen

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

anon wrote:
"they obviously don't do it for the money"
==========
They have an IQ about 100 so they can not get occupations that require much mental activity. Police should not be judges as their job is to make arrests. There are vocations that are a lot more risky that do not need big egos.
When was the last time you gave a police department an IQ test? I bet you scored about an 18 tops on the ACT if you even took it and probably took some classes at a community college without graduating. Even if I'm wrong I guarantee I'm right about one thing, you've never given an officer an IQ test and probably have no first hand knowledge of any of their IQs. You're all a bunch of whiny little babies. Got a ticket? So what? I've had my fair share and guess what? I was guilty. But I've been stopped more than I've gotten tickets. If you're polite and not doing something just totally outrageous in my experience you probably won't get a ticket. In some cases you still may but guess what, you were still breaking the law. I got stopped once for no tag lights and got a ticket for no insurance. No tag lights seems pretty petty to me but I didn't argue with him or anything. I was in the wrong. I took the ticket and went on my way. I'm sure he could have gave me a ticket for the tag lights too but I'd be willing to bet he didn't because I didn't argue with him.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

A US man has been rejected in his bid to become a police officer for scoring too high on an intelligence test.

Robert Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took an exam to join the New London police, in Connecticut, in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125.

But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training.

Mr Jordan launched a federal lawsuit against the city, but lost.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Mr Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

He said:“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class. I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action and has worked as a prison guard since he took the test.

The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.
==========
If you are wrongly accused of a crime it is your duty to fight it even if the cost of the fight is more than the ticket. You do not argue with the cop you argue in court. No cop has the right to convict and punish you. A ticket is just an invitation to go to court.
Drew

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Cops in Tupelo are corrupt .. Period.
anon

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

Drew wrote:
Cops in Tupelo are corrupt .. Period.
It is the government that is corrupt and the cops just do what they are told. The cops are not smart enough to be corrupt.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Chet Booswahnicki 18,608
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 5 hr Laws 1,972
Bryant protests immigrant children being housed... Wed opg 2
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Jul 28 WorldWatchDetroit TueLIVE 1,020
Review: Jackson Lease Sales & Rentals (Jun '11) Jul 27 Steve B 11
Perfectly thin xtreme diet pill (Dec '13) Jul 25 SaraSoCal 6
Looking for information.. Jul 22 stephanie 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••