Miss. Set To Vote On Measure Making F...

Miss. Set To Vote On Measure Making Fetus A Person

There are 31 comments on the National Public Radio story from Nov 2, 2011, titled Miss. Set To Vote On Measure Making Fetus A Person. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Supporters of a constitutional amendment that says human life begins at the moment of fertilization gather at a prayer rally in Jackson, Miss., in June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ocean56

AOL

#21 Nov 7, 2011
Tate County Resident wrote:
Supporting life is not dumb; ever. The other issues will be worked out. Besides, there is NO evidence that an abortion alleviates the pain of being raped. Matter of fact, there is testimony from victims that say their abortion only served to compound the problem.
Oh PLEASE. The anti-choice control freaks don't care about working out anything. They only care about forcing their toxic sex and reproductive beliefs on all women in MS.

As to rape, if that ever happened to ME and I got pregnant, I would abort the rapist's spawn as quickly as I could schedule an appointment. It would definitely alleviate the pain for ME of being raped, because I wouldn't be forced to carry the rapist's spawn as well and be reminded of that for nine long months.

I hope this extreme measure that would remove women's reproductive rights does NOT pass, in MS or any other state in this country.

Since: Dec 08

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Nov 7, 2011
Has anyone brought up the issue of medication? By this I mean prescription medications. Example: I take medication for a very severe anxiety disorder.(agoraphobia) Without my medication, it's nearly impossible for me to leave my house, and I would suffer, on average, about 5-6 anxiety attacks a day! Amongst a variety of other terrible things.

My medication "may" harm a developing fetus. So, if someone like me got pregnant, would she be forced to stop taking her medication regardless of what might happen to her? If she continues taking the meds throughout her pregnancy, and the fetus is born with a disability, is that considered child abuse? If the fetus dies, is that murder? Negligent homicide? 

Anyone have any ideas how these kinds of situations would be handled?

One more question... If a fetus is considered a person, can the fetus be provided a lawyer in situations like this?
Panolamom

Slate Spring, MS

#25 Nov 7, 2011
<quoted text>
Supporting life is not dumb; ever. The other issues will be worked out. Besides, there is NO evidence that an abortion alleviates the pain of being raped. Matter of fact, there is testimony from victims that say their abortion only served to compound the problem.
By the time the OTHER ISSUES are worked out, some brutally raped girl who may not KNOW her attacker will be FORCED to carry a "person" she may not be capable mentally of bonding with, may not be in a position to care for. Have YOU been a victim? Show this EVIDENCE, this TESTIMONY. I don't think anything could alleviate the pain of a rape. Certainly reliving it every day carrying a "person" created by a violent act because people of your mind say it's gotta be that way! No one said supporting life was dumb.
This amendment 26 is DUMB. VOTE NO to 26. It's terribly flawed.
Our daughters need access to contraceptives. It is their right to choose when to start a family. Just because you say "don't" doesn't mean they "won't" have sex. Get real! VOTE NO to 26.
Panolamom

Slate Spring, MS

#26 Nov 7, 2011
Vote "NO" to Amendment 26
Panolamom

Slate Spring, MS

#27 Nov 7, 2011
Aubertbeau wrote:
You will be tried for murder. The right shows they care nothing for life, but just control of women.
I may disagree about the right but I do agree it IS very likely you could be tried for murder.
VOTE 'NO' to amendment 26
Panolamom

Slate Spring, MS

#28 Nov 7, 2011
<quoted text>
So, killing innocent unborn makes it right? Wrong. Yes, rape would suck to the highest degree, but we shouldn't punish the unborn. Bring that baby into the world and let the father pay child support when he gets out of jail. Let the punishment be his and not the offspring. Let's save execution for those that truly deserve it.
WHAT FATHER? If she KNOWS him and WHEN he gets out of JAIL?????
You really think they might pay? Keep your head in that sand! sheesh!
VOTE "NO" to Amendment 26
Ocean56

AOL

#29 Nov 9, 2011
Aubertbeau wrote:
Individual freedom is a guaranteed right in this nation. Each woman should decide. It is her body, not yours.
You don't want an abortion, don't have one. You are a man, STFU. Too many dead beat dads in MS now
You DID get that I am pro-CHOICE, right?:)
blast off

Annapolis, MD

#31 Nov 9, 2011
The NIT WITS lost- hooray. Complete dunces who wanted yes on #26-you LOST.
Ocean56

AOL

#32 Nov 10, 2011
Aubertbeau wrote:
Sorry. I must have quoted the wrong person. Please forgive.
No problem, it's easy to make that kind of mistake here, having done it once or twice myself.:)
Tate County Resident

Senatobia, MS

#34 Nov 19, 2011
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Like it or not,Roe v Wade gives the right of a woman to make that decision without local interference from politicians,zealots,and control freaks. What part of that do you not understand?
The part I understand is that Roe vs Wade can be changed. Do you not get that? If you don't like a law you change it. Its going to happen someday when women (and men) decide that killing babies is wrong; for ANY reason.
ThomasA

Ashville, AL

#35 Nov 19, 2011
<quoted text>
The part I understand is that Roe vs Wade can be changed. Do you not get that? If you don't like a law you change it. Its going to happen someday when women (and men) decide that killing babies is wrong; for ANY reason.
So you don't believe that anyone should have as voice a in the matter? As Roe v Wade stands, it allows you to make personal decisions concerning YOUR life and prevents you from interfereing in the personal lives of others where you are not welcome or wanted. Roe v Wade is like a fence as good fences make good neighbors. You stay on your side of the fence and I will stay on mine. Very simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr America 21,049
Zumba fatties (Mar '16) Aug 15 LaTrina 8
Interracial Couples (Jun '10) Aug 13 Champ 27
Madison County Ms. Schools has a new EPIDEMIC Aug 8 Charly 1
Nissan Is not an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Aug 8 Rod Knox 2
nissan Aug 5 Lakisha 1
Idiots Aug 3 puttin pootin in 2

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages