Miss. Set To Vote On Measure Making F...

Miss. Set To Vote On Measure Making Fetus A Person

There are 31 comments on the National Public Radio story from Nov 2, 2011, titled Miss. Set To Vote On Measure Making Fetus A Person. In it, National Public Radio reports that:

Supporters of a constitutional amendment that says human life begins at the moment of fertilization gather at a prayer rally in Jackson, Miss., in June.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Public Radio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blank

Wise, VA

#1 Nov 2, 2011
Does anyone really think this will hold up in court? What is the purpose of this? One would think that with things like Mississippi being last in income and low in education & healthcare, the poeple might have different prioroties. Weird....

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 2, 2011
Blank wrote:
Does anyone really think this will hold up in court? What is the purpose of this? One would think that with things like Mississippi being last in income and low in education & healthcare, the poeple might have different prioroties. Weird....
Life is THE priority. It's not weird at all, it's moral and right. Things can be done about healthcare, income and education. No one can bring back a life that has been lost to abortion.
Panolamom

Batesville, MS

#3 Nov 5, 2011
VOTE "NO" on INITIATIVE MEASURE 26

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#4 Nov 5, 2011
It won't make any difference. No person has the right to use another's organ systems to make theirs function. A person can't even be made to donate blood, never mind their entire body. Calling a fetus a "person" won't change that.
Panolamom

Batesville, MS

#5 Nov 5, 2011
# 26 is flawed.
Vote NO to initiative measure # 26

Say a young woman is raped. This young woman would have to carry the "person" created from this rape, like it or not. This initiative is just not right.

VOTE NO TO 26
ThomasA

Wellington, AL

#6 Nov 5, 2011
Panolamom wrote:
# 26 is flawed.
Say a young woman is raped. This young woman would have to carry the "person" created from this rape, like it or not. This initiative is just not right.
VOTE NO TO 26
You know that,I know that,many people know that but there are still dumb sheep out there that will blindly go and support such tripe.
Tate County Resident

Senatobia, MS

#7 Nov 6, 2011
Panolamom wrote:
# 26 is flawed.

VOTE NO TO 26
So, killing innocent unborn makes it right? Wrong. Yes, rape would suck to the highest degree, but we shouldn't punish the unborn. Bring that baby into the world and let the father pay child support when he gets out of jail. Let the punishment be his and not the offspring. Let's save execution for those that truly deserve it.
Tate County Resident

Senatobia, MS

#8 Nov 6, 2011
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You know that,I know that,many people know that but there are still dumb sheep out there that will blindly go and support such tripe.
Supporting life is not dumb; ever. The other issues will be worked out. Besides, there is NO evidence that an abortion alleviates the pain of being raped. Matter of fact, there is testimony from victims that say their abortion only served to compound the problem.
ThomasA

Wellington, AL

#9 Nov 6, 2011
Tate County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
So, killing innocent unborn makes it right? Wrong. Yes, rape would suck to the highest degree, but we shouldn't punish the unborn. Bring that baby into the world and let the father pay child support when he gets out of jail. Let the punishment be his and not the offspring. Let's save execution for those that truly deserve it.
You are either dreaming,totally crazy, or smoking wacky weed. This just ain't gonna happen!
ThomasA

Wellington, AL

#10 Nov 6, 2011
<quoted text>
Supporting life is not dumb; ever. The other issues will be worked out. Besides, there is NO evidence that an abortion alleviates the pain of being raped. Matter of fact, there is testimony from victims that say their abortion only served to compound the problem.
Like it or not,Roe v Wade gives the right of a woman to make that decision without local interference from politicians,zealots,and control freaks. What part of that do you not understand?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#11 Nov 6, 2011
Blank wrote:
It looks like this bill has a good chance of passing and will soon be followed by other states.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#12 Nov 6, 2011
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like this bill has a good chance of passing and will soon be followed by other states.
They didn't ask about it passing, Witless, but about whether or not it will hold up in court. To dumb it down for you, this is unconstitutional, and will not hold up when challenged.

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 6, 2011
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the proaborts will be surprised, in a bad way! I sure hope this passes and all the other states to follow. RoevWade isn't infallible. It can be overturned with Prolifers pounding away at it. Think positive!
blast off

Annapolis, MD

#14 Nov 6, 2011
Mississippi--- the absolute lowest place as far as education and the highest in poverty. Why am I not surprised that this nit-wit Les Riley and his 10 kids and poor dumb sheep of a wife thought up this "genius" idea. Riley is one stupid dumb f*%!
ThomasA

Wellington, AL

#15 Nov 6, 2011
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the proaborts will be surprised, in a bad way! I sure hope this passes and all the other states to follow. RoevWade isn't infallible. It can be overturned with Prolifers pounding away at it. Think positive!
Prolifers=control freaks. How bout using the right term: Anti-Choice..... When have you ever seen a car tag that said" Pro-Death"or a bumper sticker that said" I'm Pro-Death And I Vote"? It's either Pro Choice or Anti Choice. It's a clear attempt of evil minded trolls to control other people's lives.
Southern Belle

United States

#16 Nov 6, 2011
<quoted text>So, killing innocent unborn makes it right? Wrong. Yes, rape would suck to the highest degree, but we shouldn't punish the unborn. Bring that baby into the world and let the father pay child support when he gets out of jail. Let the punishment be his and not the offspring. Let's save execution for those that truly deserve it.

So you think it's right to make a 10 or 11 year old that was raped have a child of their own? I don't agree with abortion at all, but I believe rape victims should have a CHOICE, especially if they are a child themselves.
ThomasA

Wellington, AL

#17 Nov 6, 2011
Southern Belle wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think it's right to make a 10 or 11 year old that was raped have a child of their own? I don't agree with abortion at all, but I believe rape victims should have a CHOICE, especially if they are a child themselves.
You're right but society has that beady eyed bunch of self righteous zealots that think the only choice is THEIR choice according to THEIR beliefs and standards THEY set on their fellow human beings.These people have nothing in their boring shallow lives so they feel they have a inner need to interfer in other people's lives where they are not wanted.
The Phantom

Olive Branch, MS

#18 Nov 6, 2011
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Waylon put it,......."WRONG!"
Blank

Wise, VA

#19 Nov 7, 2011
blast off wrote:
Mississippi--- the absolute lowest place as far as education and the highest in poverty. Why am I not surprised that this nit-wit Les Riley and his 10 kids and poor dumb sheep of a wife thought up this "genius" idea. Riley is one stupid dumb f*%!
Yep...and don't forget lowest per capita income in USA too...but Mississippi, instead of confornting these other issues, worries about a pro-life bill that will never pass constitutional muster! Weird....
Ocean56

AOL

#20 Nov 7, 2011
Panolamom wrote:
# 26 is flawed.
VOTE NO TO 26
Agreed; this measure is EXTREME, and should be rejected. If I lived in MS, I would vote NO to measure #26.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
@ idiot drivers Fri MadisonMan 1
Debate: Marijuana - Byram, MS (Aug '10) Fri The movement 27
boycot jackson ms it"s too black! Fri The movement 3
***Miracle Gro*** employee Fri screwu 1
Kenneth stokes councilman Jan 31 Smedley Forkwart 4
Looking to date younger black or white women. (Dec '11) Jan 29 candice 6
Review: Jackson Lease Sales & Rentals (Jun '11) Jan 24 Another cheated c... 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages