Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson: Outrage as Mississippi church says...

Jul 28, 2012 Full story: Daily Mail

A couple were turned away from a church where they planned to marry just one day before the wedding because they are black, they have claimed.

Full Story
TheRealQuestionI s

Indianola, MS

#2 Jul 29, 2012
Face Smacker wrote:
It appears this is a set up by blacks. Law suit next!! Trouble makers.
Sue for what? A church is private, they can allow/disallow anyone they like, simple as that.

As for the handling, the church could have told the couple no long before they spent and planned on getting married there, that's the only issue I have with it.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

#3 Jul 30, 2012
That was totally tacky of the church and the church members. Bet these people dropped donations into their collection plate. What a low snub.or biggotry or snobbery.

Since: Aug 10

Virginia Beach, VA

#4 Jul 30, 2012
I am betting that the couple had wanted to marry in that church soley for the publicity (since there had never been a black wedding there). I doubt that they were regular attendees...I just have a feeling in my gut about this. It might have had nothing to do with the fact that they were black...but you'll never hear that reported in the media.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Jul 30, 2012
Why would someone put up a topix like this extremely isolated case. I have lived in prodominently black areas before and can say without doubt it is safer for a black living in a white neighborhood than a white male living in a black neighborhood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Why the Left Should Look to Jackson, Mississippi 15 hr Swedenforever 5
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Oct 20 Geoscientist 1,990
Flooding in areas of Central Mississippi Oct 15 ACE MILNER 1
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... Oct 15 Swedenforever 27
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Oct 8 CurtainsCoverEmpt... 1,101
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For (Dec '13) Oct 4 Dan the man 49
Jackson Dating
Find my Match

Jackson Jobs

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance