41 - 57 of 57 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Gravity controls Everything”

Since: Mar 09

The United States of America

#41 Apr 22, 2009
Groids are the reason Jackson has sunk into the abyss--This use to be a good city until the groids took over!!--They are the hyenas of the jungle!!
PO-PO 1

Meridian, MS

#42 Apr 25, 2009
RUN.....Run Away Fast!!!!
Legal Eagle

Lake Charles, LA

#43 Apr 28, 2009
I am considering attending Mississippi College School of Law in August 2009. I came to this thread to get an idea of my chances of finding happiness in Jackson. Can anyone give me an idea of places to live that would be affordable on a law school loan income. I want to live relatively close to the school but the area in the immediate vicinity seems pretty run down. I could handle about a 10 minute commute to class everyday. If anyone has any info, please advise. In addition, GOLDCLAW you are obviously harboring some serious hatred. That hate that you carry around inside that racist head of yours will kill you much faster than any crime infested city. I hope you are not a representation of the kind of people that live in Jackson or I am going to be miserable there.

#44 Apr 29, 2009
Legal Eagle wrote:
I am considering attending Mississippi College School of Law in August 2009. I came to this thread to get an idea of my chances of finding happiness in Jackson. Can anyone give me an idea of places to live that would be affordable on a law school loan income. I want to live relatively close to the school but the area in the immediate vicinity seems pretty run down. I could handle about a 10 minute commute to class everyday. If anyone has any info, please advise. In addition, GOLDCLAW you are obviously harboring some serious hatred. That hate that you carry around inside that racist head of yours will kill you much faster than any crime infested city. I hope you are not a representation of the kind of people that live in Jackson or I am going to be miserable there.
Then you need to keep your ass right where you are then--You damn right I'm a racist because I have lived in Jackson since 1955---I have seen it go from a good city(Mayberry almost) to a crack headed criminal murdering little Chicago--I am a good representative of the way most white people feel about their once clean crime-ridden city turn into a jungle by a pack of hyenas--You must be one naive fool if you think different--I work right around the corner from the school of law---5 minutes from there is Farish Street--A crack head and whore paradise--Do you still want to come to Jackson chump???--Racism won't eat me up because I am telling the truth!!!---Can you handle the truth???--White people and descent blacks are moving out by the droves--Ask anyone that lives here and they will tell you!!
Houston Co-Worker

AOL

#46 May 23, 2009
TEA PARTY CRASHER wrote:
I'm thinking of moving into Mississsippi, Jackson to be exact. After reading these blogs I can honestly say that there may be crime in Jackson, but the level of ignorance demonstrated in these blogs by these PYT's is amazing. Saying that Obama's panthers will try to take your rights away is absolutely ridiculous. Go ahead, start your tea party. Your own ignorance will chew you up. You are stupid and more than likely uneducated, this would probably account for the total nonsence spewing from your mouths. IDIOT!
Thank you for your comments. Sadly our society has a whole has become more aggressive and violent. Most cities are stuggling with similar issues. Jackson's problems and those of other cities are the outcome of years of political and econmic decisions that have eroded the quality of life in this country. I would suggest that the erosion began with the Reagonomics of the 1980's and have been perpetuated by the failed economic and foreign policies of the Bush administrations. Also, a level of crime has always been present in Jackson (and other cities). Byron de la Beckwith murdered a man in his drive-way in the 1960s. Medgar Evers was only seeking to fully exercise his rights as a citizen of this country but Byron and even those who were in state and local government sought to deny Mr. Evers and members of his community their human and legal rights . After graduating from Millsaps College and working in Jackson, I was asleep in my bed in 1975 when a man broke into my apartment and attempted to sexual assault me. Thankfully I was able to escape the assault. My point in mentioning both incidents is that Jackson was never a utopia. Corruption existed back in the "good ole days". And no, past corruption does not justify current corruption.

#48 May 24, 2009
I grew up in West Jackson and it had" good Leave it to Beaver" neighborhoods--Now I wouldn't drive through there in an M-1 Bradley tank--Jackson has sunk to rock bottom!!--The thugs run the town and the cops won't help anyone thats in trouble until after the shooting and smoke clear!!--And now they have once again elected Harvey Johnson as Mayor---the ultimate bureaucrat--Crime will only get worse--Jackson is doomed as a city!!
Johnnie

San Pedro, CA

#49 Jun 16, 2012
Well it's been several years since the last post. I haven't read them all. Kim from Greenville, SC, did you ever make the move? I am a born (in the 50's) white New Yorker and was transfered to L.A. in Feb. of 1995 by my company. I decided to drive my new Maazda. So glad I did. I overnighted at one point in Greenville, SC then the next day spent some hours in Jackson, to overnight later that day in Vicksburg. I love the South. Everyone, black and white were so nice to me. Never felt in danger EVER down South ( I had been going there since the 50's to visit relatives). Been in L.A. since 1995 and here can be a little scary (gangs) but as a NYer, it's not that bad. I really must say that when I crossed from New Jersey into Delaware and continued southward, the better it got. The people of the South, whatever race, totally deserve their wonderful reputation of friendliness, hospitality and politeness. I would happily move from L.A. to somewhere in the South if it weren't for the heat and humidity there that I was also glad to leave back in NY. Nothing beats Southern California weather. I don't sweat anymore lol. May the South continue to be the great place I last was in in 1995 while driving cross-country. I know this is about Jackson, which I liked very much the few hours I spent downtown, but I just wanted to say that the whole South is lovely and I hope it never becomes a NY or LA but from reading some of these posts, it may be heading that way God forbid.
California

Aliso Viejo, CA

#50 Jul 29, 2012
I move to Jackson to attend Jackson State University. I left Jackson, MS in the early eighty to move out west to California. I have visted Jackson, MS every year over the past 30 years for homecoming events at JSU or to visit family. It sadden me to said the quality of life in Jackson have deterirated over that period of time. Basically the city always have had a high percentage of blacks but today its about 80% black and all the white have move to other counties such as Rankin or Madison. Therefore all the high taxable dollars aren't concentrated in Jackson, so the city quality of life have deterirated and the crime rate have soared. Point blank Jackon is not a great place to live and raise a family. All the high school in the city are all black, so you children willn't be exposed to other cultures, therefore they would miss out on the diversity of other cultures. The only advantage Jackson offer is low cost to buy a home because of the crime rate. I had hope to move back to Jackson when I retire, but I can assure you it want be Jackson, the crime rate is just to high for a city that small.
Columbus Native

Oklahoma City, OK

#51 Jul 30, 2012
When I grew up in Oklahoma City in the fifties I remember many times seeing black males mowing laws,painting houses, roofing homes and taking care of their families. I'm sure the same can be said of Jackson. Have they lost the will to work? feel it's below their dignity or what? The same goes for white men. I started a carpet cleaning business in 1972,hell I ain't afraid of hot sweaty work. Bailed hail and stacked it in the barn when it was 108 degrees. I know nowadays there are to many mama's boys who need to learn the art of hard work. Whatever it took to raise my family was my motto.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

#53 Aug 5, 2012
I like Jackson and the people. Don't know how you people can compare it to chicago, and new york, it's just typical everyday,everywhere life and times we're in. All the things to destroy a country from within, nafta, gaft, and the real issue for the povetry throughout the world is backing a one world government and monetary system, it was all designed like dominoes, free trade has never helped any country, if you lived thru the days of eisenhower and Japan, and can remember that ordeal, the economy left town. But what a great way to go about destroying all world monetary and economic systems and form one system. Has anyone studied the early days of Hitler in the beginning of the war on the jews. the controlling factors before the actual destruction and camps....read it, and think about it. Jackson ain't no different than any other town or city in the USA. Things and crime are going to get worse, people will kill each other off. What diseases don't get developed and dropped on us. It's just the tide of the times, and was foretold 2000 years ago in one of the greatest histories on earth. Remember the verse, the lion will lay down with the lamb and they shall both eat straw. Hello the real world of cloning...that wasn't revealed fifty years ago, didn't you wonder how that would happen. The eerie one is that death will be the last to be destroyed...they are working on a memory chip, and a cloning process that will clone you, and put the memory chip in the body of the clone and you will live on. Who says science isn't with the Bible? We surely have more to worry about besides racism.
Blank

Wise, VA

#54 Aug 6, 2012
susie wrote:
I like Jackson and the people. Don't know how you people can compare it to chicago, and new york, it's just typical everyday,everywhere life and times we're in. All the things to destroy a country from within, nafta, gaft, and the real issue for the povetry throughout the world is backing a one world government and monetary system, it was all designed like dominoes, free trade has never helped any country, if you lived thru the days of eisenhower and Japan, and can remember that ordeal, the economy left town. But what a great way to go about destroying all world monetary and economic systems and form one system. Has anyone studied the early days of Hitler in the beginning of the war on the jews. the controlling factors before the actual destruction and camps....read it, and think about it. Jackson ain't no different than any other town or city in the USA. Things and crime are going to get worse, people will kill each other off. What diseases don't get developed and dropped on us. It's just the tide of the times, and was foretold 2000 years ago in one of the greatest histories on earth. Remember the verse, the lion will lay down with the lamb and they shall both eat straw. Hello the real world of cloning...that wasn't revealed fifty years ago, didn't you wonder how that would happen. The eerie one is that death will be the last to be destroyed...they are working on a memory chip, and a cloning process that will clone you, and put the memory chip in the body of the clone and you will live on. Who says science isn't with the Bible? We surely have more to worry about besides racism.
Are you high?
Denise

Downey, CA

#55 May 7, 2013
Heather Silas wrote:
Man I stay back and forth in from Jackson,MS to Mccomb,MS crime is everywhere and i am tired of people acting like crime is just in Jackson and no where else CRIME IS EVERYWHERE so please stp saying I am scared to move or go to Jackson because of the crime it just as much crime everywhere else I LOVE JACKSON and Jackson is fun and I am growing up in Jackson there are alot of things to do in Jackson people just focus on the crime.
Heather Silas,16
I have visited Jackson several times. My husband's family lives there. While I did enjoy myself, I found that there is little to do. Every occasion is highlighted with food, food, food. I tried to get family members to go walking with me and they thought I was a typical California, yet I was more concerned for their health. They eat toooo much. I couldn't wait to go home.
AMJ

Madison, MS

#56 May 15, 2013
As a person who just moved to ridgeland after being gone 16 years um,I have to say.. this place has really changed. Business's are closing up everywhere. The public elementry schools are the pitts.Ridgeland use to be the place to be but now, not so much.
joey

United States

#57 May 17, 2013
Its sad. Our gov don't care. They think about the future and for some reason u.s. citizens ain't included. In a good way anyway.
alian from Texas

Florence, MS

#58 Jun 16, 2013
The more good people and their families move out of any major metropolitan area.the more the crime and corruption will move in.I hear that a lot of people are abandoning Jackson Ms.with that being said.it is what it is

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#59 Jun 16, 2013
It's good
trooftelluh

Crossett, AR

#60 Feb 11, 2014
Triple shooting in west Jackson
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24686956/2-bod...

Gunshots terrorizing neighborhoods, and interrupt a Stokes news conference
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24687383/gunsh...

I found these in just a few minutes of browsing. Now, really, I ask you: Why do I, why do you, why does anybody want people like this living in the same neighborhood?

We read and see all the time how we need more diversity here, there, in schools, in neighborhoods, in the workplace.

Why? For what reason? What GOOD things would happen if we had more diversity?

blacks and Whites living together, it is just not working out. Anywhere. Anyplace we see diversity, we see a decline in academic performance, in quality of life, in conflict and resentment on the job. And it has been so for 50 years or more.

Do me a favor, somebody -- anybody. Show me the place where blacks have built a community that is not dysfunctional. blacks, if they had built such a place, would go to school there, live there, work there, instead of traipsing around following Whites wherever we go.

This is one dog that is sick and tired of having ticks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Study vs Pain 5 hr connie_white 5
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 16 hr Yes to Body CAMERAS 1,054
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr see the light 18,888
roads 23 hr bidnessman 1
Witness: Beaten man told eatery 'not safe for w... Sat mentul_autocrat 6
Suspect leads investigators to bodies of missin... (Nov '13) Aug 29 curious 2
Recent PCA Boiler Accident... Aug 29 Concerned Citizen 1
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson People Search