The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mostly Nice Places

Nov 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Gawker

According to a study of FBI crime statistics by CQ Press, St. Louis , Mo. was the "most dangerous city in the U.S." in 2010, probably due to former St.

Comments
18,461 - 18,480 of 18,536 Comments Last updated Tuesday
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 7

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> What is consistent about the populations, of all those cities?
Let's see, the way I will answer your question " What is consistent about the populations of all the cities.".... The fact that unemployment is high...poverty, difficult to say weather crime makes places poorer or poverty causes more crime....low educational attainment also goes hand in hand.....climate plays a roll...warmer weather tends to aggravate the occurrence of violent crimes....John Rotton, a psychologist with Florida International University conducted a study based on 858 U. S. cities , he found that hot, dry weather was a significant factor in predicting crime as well as economic factors or population density.Rape, robbery and murder were all more likely to occur on warm days than on cold, or rainy days .. FBI "Crime in the United States" report also targets climate as an important factor in crime rates , along with distressed neighborhoods.
Fitus T Bluster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

bee 6335 wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see, the way I will answer your question " What is consistent about the populations of all the cities.".... The fact that unemployment is high...poverty, difficult to say weather crime makes places poorer or poverty causes more crime....low educational attainment also goes hand in hand.....climate plays a roll...warmer weather tends to aggravate the occurrence of violent crimes....John Rotton, a psychologist with Florida International University conducted a study based on 858 U. S. cities , he found that hot, dry weather was a significant factor in predicting crime as well as economic factors or population density.Rape, robbery and murder were all more likely to occur on warm days than on cold, or rainy days .. FBI "Crime in the United States" report also targets climate as an important factor in crime rates , along with distressed neighborhoods.
Blame the weather, never the ghetto engineers.
Samuel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

Judged:

Very creative , trash hillbilly. A improvement from the norm.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 8

Judged:

toomanymistakes wrote:
<quoted text> You people have to make me laugh Wasting money for studies is ludicrous. Any rookie cop can tell you crime increases with the temperature.
Why, because blacks have noting better to do than sit on the porch or street corner wasting for someone to assault or attempt to kill on a hot day or night /. Socioeconomics has nothing to do with their uncivilized behavior. They are so immersed in the culture of gangs and drugs violence is all they know...or care to know.
Time to stop giving them a free pass and make them accountable for their own actions
according to you "money for studies" are ludicrous....That's your opinion,....Statistics ( studies ) shows that arrested offenders by race nationally are as follows.....Whites - 6,502,919 _%69.3 ......Blacks -2,649,067_%28.1..........Amer ican Indians _ 135,165 _% 51.4 ......Asian or pacific Islanders - 81,631 -% 1.2........arrests by gender , Males 6,972,023_ 73%......females 2,474,637_ 26.2 %........"Racism " .......... In America Whites commit 70% of all crimes , 60% of violet crimes , 70% of drug users and dealers....yet Blacks are arrested and sent to prison at a rate of 10-1 ...Blacks represent 27% of the criminals yet represent 54% of the criminals in prisons.......this is from the "Human Rights watch " a nonprofit organization which monitors human rights violations around the world.....New York and North Caroline automatically prosecute 16 year olds as adults , sending them to adult prisons,,, this is no laughing matter.,,,,,,,,,Heartless .
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

Judged:

New York is one of two states, the other being North Carolina, in which 16-year-olds are automatically tried as adults. This is the case despite overwhelming evidence that sending children into adult courts, rather than the juvenile justice system, needlessly destroys lives and further endangers the public by turning nonviolent youngsters into hardened criminals..........http://www. nytimes.com/2014/01/20/opinion /when-children-become-criminal s.html
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

Judged:

toomanymistakes wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong, NY does not prosecute 16 yr ofld automatically as adults
Blacks compromise 13 % of the population How in hell can you spew such bullsh*t and expect anyone to believe this so called study
I can guarantee you these stats came from some all black college in the deep south where the only requirement for admittance is being blece and having an IQ over 70.
Tell the truth.. You get these stats form Benedict college in Columbia SC Known for graduating functional illiterates with honors.
Human rights my ass, your human rights organization must send this nonsensical propaganda out to backup idiots like AL and Jessie
Well, I'll give you credit for having a sense of humor,.to say the least...you obviously don't read much.......
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

Judged:

In Colorado, Gov. Bill Ritter, a former district attorney, recently formed a juvenile clemency board to hear cases of kids convicted as adults. The head of the seven-member panel says it's an acknowledgment that teens are still developing and different from adults a point made in the 2005 U.S. Supreme Court decision that outlawed the death penalty for crimes committed as juveniles.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

Judged:

..Mr/Mrs/Miss Tomanymistakes...,, I don't see any where ,where it says " black" children are flooding the prisons......I do see "children " are being prosecuted as adults ........I am sorry that you feel the need to always play the race card, for shame , for shame.......... In California and Michigan, life without parole for teens also is getting another look. This spring, a state Senate panel in California approved a plan offering the chance of freedom after 25 years. A package of bills that would ban the no-parole sentence for those under 18 and revamp the process allowing juveniles to be tried as adults awaits a hearing in Michigan.

In Connecticut, lawmakers recently raised the age of juveniles to 18 for most cases; the changes will be phased in by 2010. Prosecutors can still transfer felonies to adult court.

Legislator Michael Lawlor said 16- and 17-year-olds charged with misdemeanors such as shoplifting and vandalism were hindered when they applied for jobs or college. "This caused people to think ... should all of these cases be adult all the time?" he says. Those records are now sealed.

In Illinois, a proposal to move 17-year-olds charged with misdemeanors to juvenile court passed in the state Senate and is pending in the House.

In 2005, the state repealed the automatic transfer of kids to adult court for drug violations within 1,000 feet of public housing or schools. An advocacy group found virtually all the kids caught in this statewide law were minorities from Cook County; about two-thirds were first-time offenders a population, it argued, that could benefit from juvenile court.

In Wyoming, talks are underway to shed a system that routinely charges and jails juveniles as adults even for minor offenses such as underage drinking. One idea is to have judges, prosecutors and social workers evaluate first-time offenders and find treatment mostly, without sending them to jail.

Not all states are easing up.

Rhode Island headed in the opposite direction at least, temporarily. Last summer, the state passed a law to send 17-year-old criminal offenders to adult prisons in what was intended as a cost-cutting move. The measure, however, was repealed about four months later after some critics pointed out this plan probably would be more expensive..
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

Judged:

Do not accuse me of fabricating stories........if you took the time to read thing other than the funnies you would too.......... The New York Center for Juvenile Justice ...... "Every year in the state of New York more than 40,000 youth are arrested and prosecuted as adults. The state views 16- and 17-year-olds as adults for criminal law purposes, and it also prosecutes children 13-, 14-, and 15-year-olds as adults when they are accused of certain crimes. Prosecuting children as adults undermines their unique potential to overcome adversities and learn from mistakes made at a young age. Children tried as adults are exposed to a lifetime stigma of a criminal record and denied opportunities to receive age appropriate support. Furthermore, in New York, 16- and 17-year-olds are held in adult facilities." ..........I could say you are narrow minded and only see black and black instead of the norm black and white.....but I won't go there.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

^ know

Since: May 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

bee 6335 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'll give you credit for having a sense of humor,.to say the least...you obviously dolon't read much.......
Unfortunately I believe he's serious. The information you've posted is very informative.
Fitus T Bluster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

Judged:

Black commit crimes way, way out of proportion compared to their % of our population. Chicago ?
PetVax

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Wednesday Jul 9

PetVax Is A Rip Off
Fitus T Bluster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Judged:

toomanymistakes wrote:
<quoted text> Then they have the audacity to claim they are discriminated against . No to be redundant. but when 13 % of the population commits 70-80% of the violent crimes why would they not be the 1st people law enforcement suspects
It`s all about political correctness, that means the truth must be ignored.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

@ Tomanymistakes.......... In Wyoming, talks are underway to shed a system that routinely charges and jails juveniles as adults even for " minor " offenses such as underage drinking. One idea is to have judges, prosecutors and social workers evaluate " first-time offenders " and find treatment mostly, without sending them to jail..........Do you not see where teenagers are being tired as adults not only in Wyoming, New York , North Carolina but other states as well........Yes , the crime should fit the time...... but ,there is a difference if a child steals a piece of gum ( even thou it is wrong ) than a child that commits murder .,,,,,,,cold blooded murder committed by juveniles should be treated as taking a life and should be prosecuted as such.......accidental murder by a juvenile , which a case here in Dayton is pending where a child took a loaded gun ( the child not knowing the gun was loaded ) to a friends house , the friend is playing around with the gun and accidentally shots himself and dies,, the child that took the gun to the friends house id charged with murder, even there he did not shot the boy or did he know the gun was loaded, should this child be prosecuted as an adult ?.........I have seen cases where someone is doing jail time for felonious assault and the next guy gets 5 years in prison for committing the same crime ..........Children should not be tired as adults in the courts for crimes that are misdemeanors, every thing should be done to rehabilitate juveniles to the best of ones ability ,( after all there are our future ) and not push them to the wolfs , I am sorry that you do not agree with my way of thinking ... New York and other states send juveniles to adults prisons because it is cheaper to house then in adult prisons than to send them to juveniles correctional facility or rehabilitation facilities ...Drug induced crimes such be treated as such....not all crimes such be treated the same. there are different degrees of crime within the same element of crime.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

toomanymistakes wrote:
<quoted text> This is a good example of why some ten need to b charge as an adult Chisom raped and killed a teacher in mass. Now is guilty of attempted murder while in juvenile custody I guess this makes sense to you Putting him inn an adult facility would have prevented the 2nd crime.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
After reading this story it does seem to be a case of premeditated murder, after an evaluation of this child's mental capacity and he is found capable of standing trail and this case will more than likely not go to trail until after his 18th birthday than I say prosecute him as an adult, it was a brutal crime......should be charged with misuse of a corpse.. tapering with evidence, as well.
bee 6335

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Fitus T Bluster wrote:
Black commit crimes way, way out of proportion compared to their % of our population. Chicago ?
True..... they do commit more crime but only within their own race as compared to the % of whites that commit crime within their race.... only because blacks are a minority.,
Peter

Gardena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Thursday Jul 10

Stoop Nagin, former Mayor of New Orleans, sentenced to 10 years for 21 convictions mostly taking bribes.
This is the Clown Prince who along with the Dimrat Governor of Louisiana decided to ignore Federal orders to evacuate the city before Katrina. The school and municipal buses that could have been used to help evacuate were left sitting to be destroyed by the hurricane water. But, as we all know, IT WAS BUSH's fault.

“Follow the laws.”

Since: Oct 10

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 13

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson Discussions

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 5 hr Jim 1,962
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Tue Karma ReapWhatSow 1,010
Looking for information.. Tue stephanie 1
Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins (Jan '08) Jul 21 Von M 134
Jackson and Surrounding Area Neighborhoods Jul 21 MDR78 1
vacation blah Jul 21 jackson crime 1
Mississippi coach, wife indicted for sex with u... Jul 20 Concerned 3
•••
•••