God is not real, there is no god.

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

#1 Oct 6, 2009
I am an Atheist. I know that there is no god. I am sure there is no god. I know that god does not exist with the same degree of certainty that I know Santa Claus is not real. Comments welcome.
Beezle

Normalville, PA

#3 Oct 6, 2009
There are many stages of the existence of Santa Claus. When you are young, you believe in Santa Clause. A few years after, you don't believe in Santa Claus. Once you have kids, you are Santa Claus. Once you reach retirement, you look like Santa Claus. I have reservations if that helped much, but have a great day!
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

#4 Oct 7, 2009
Beezle wrote:
There are many stages of the existence of Santa Claus. When you are young, you believe in Santa Clause. A few years after, you don't believe in Santa Claus. Once you have kids, you are Santa Claus. Once you reach retirement, you look like Santa Claus. I have reservations if that helped much, but have a great day!
Thanks!
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

#5 Oct 7, 2009
Anyone else with comments? All are welcome here.
Beezle

Normalville, PA

#6 Oct 8, 2009
Maxwell,

I lean more to the Agnostic side. If it were proven that God exists, then I am sure my opinion would be different. Until then, I don't spend very much time on the subject. It is human nature to question things. I find it difficult to fall in line and spend so much time basically groveling to a theory that is based on primeval fear. Fear is control and too many a flim flam man has cashed in on the misfortune of others in the name of religion. If fear was removed from the equation, what would the result be?
ipw0511

Aberdeen, MD

#7 Oct 8, 2009
Maxwell wrote:
I am an Atheist. I know that there is no god. I am sure there is no god. I know that god does not exist with the same degree of certainty that I know Santa Claus is not real. Comments welcome.
The Bible says "for a man to believe there is no God, it makes him a fool." So, I guess I will start by saying, Hello Fool. What is a shame is that one day when God returns to take his people out of this world, you will know for sure that there is a God and HE IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS! The Bible also says that God knew you before He formed you in the womb. That means He talked to you, had conversation with you. Being an atheist I dont expect you to believe or understand this. I dont even understand it myself. Its not for me to understand, its about belief. Thats what Christianity is all about....belief! If God came down and tapped you on the shoulder and performed miracles right before your eyes you would believe then, wouldnt you. Just look around at everything around you, everything, from the human body as complex as it is. To the seasons, how they change every year for various needed reasons. To how God was perfect enough to give us the resources on this earth to survive. BIG BANG, right? NAAAAHHH! Just one of the reasons that I know there is a God, is because I had absolutely nothing to do with actually being on this earth, to be born was never something I had anything to do with. So, that tells me God thought enough of me to create me. Humanity is a creation, therefore there must be a creator. Question everything, and it all comes back to a true-living God.
Beezle

Normalville, PA

#8 Oct 8, 2009
ipw0511

That was one sweet rant. Thanks
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

#9 Oct 9, 2009
ipw0511 wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible says "for a man to believe there is no God, it makes him a fool." So, I guess I will start by saying, Hello Fool. What is a shame is that one day when God returns to take his people out of this world, you will know for sure that there is a God and HE IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS! The Bible also says that God knew you before He formed you in the womb. That means He talked to you, had conversation with you. Being an atheist I dont expect you to believe or understand this. I dont even understand it myself. Its not for me to understand, its about belief. Thats what Christianity is all about....belief! If God came down and tapped you on the shoulder and performed miracles right before your eyes you would believe then, wouldnt you. Just look around at everything around you, everything, from the human body as complex as it is. To the seasons, how they change every year for various needed reasons. To how God was perfect enough to give us the resources on this earth to survive. BIG BANG, right? NAAAAHHH! Just one of the reasons that I know there is a God, is because I had absolutely nothing to do with actually being on this earth, to be born was never something I had anything to do with. So, that tells me God thought enough of me to create me. Humanity is a creation, therefore there must be a creator. Question everything, and it all comes back to a true-living God.
Ok, so what I am picking up here is the theme that I don't need to understand the 'how' things happened, I just need to believe that god did it. Is that right?
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

#10 Oct 9, 2009
Beezle wrote:
Maxwell,
I lean more to the Agnostic side. If it were proven that God exists, then I am sure my opinion would be different. Until then, I don't spend very much time on the subject. It is human nature to question things. I find it difficult to fall in line and spend so much time basically groveling to a theory that is based on primeval fear. Fear is control and too many a flim flam man has cashed in on the misfortune of others in the name of religion. If fear was removed from the equation, what would the result be?
Well, if fear were removed from religion, I'd bet fewer people would be religious.
maxwell

United States

#11 Oct 10, 2009
Maxwell wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if fear were removed from religion, I'd bet fewer people would be religious.
i feel sorry for you.
what_is going on

United States

#12 Oct 11, 2009
This world has so much order even scienctist say something or someone created it and yes i believe in God but if you dont thats your choice who im i to judge you,but you know what its funny and also sad that when people are on there death beds and or there in pain or something very horrible has happened they call out to a higher power, OH GOD!
Danny

Clinton, MS

#13 Oct 11, 2009
I'm curious how you "KNOW"? or do you just believe there is no God?I would assume you've died already? Well even a fool would hedge his bets!
Maxwell wrote:
Jim Cauthen

Lewisburg, WV

#14 Oct 12, 2009
Maxwell wrote:
Maxwell,
Did you hear about the Agnostic, Dyslexic Insomniac? He laid awake all night wondering if there really were a Dog.
Keep thinking.
Jim
Sunny Delight

Rio Rancho, NM

#15 Oct 13, 2009
ipw0511 wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible says "for a man to believe there is no God, it makes him a fool." So, I guess I will start by saying, Hello Fool. What is a shame is that one day when God returns to take his people out of this world, you will know for sure that there is a God and HE IS WHO HE SAYS HE IS! The Bible also says that God knew you before He formed you in the womb. That means He talked to you, had conversation with you. Being an atheist I dont expect you to believe or understand this. I dont even understand it myself. Its not for me to understand, its about belief. Thats what Christianity is all about....belief! If God came down and tapped you on the shoulder and performed miracles right before your eyes you would believe then, wouldnt you. Just look around at everything around you, everything, from the human body as complex as it is. To the seasons, how they change every year for various needed reasons. To how God was perfect enough to give us the resources on this earth to survive. BIG BANG, right? NAAAAHHH! Just one of the reasons that I know there is a God, is because I had absolutely nothing to do with actually being on this earth, to be born was never something I had anything to do with. So, that tells me God thought enough of me to create me. Humanity is a creation, therefore there must be a creator. Question everything, and it all comes back to a true-living God.
I like what you say. Also, nothing we make here on earth is creation as the substances that we use are already here. Only God created something out of nothing.
Believer

Adrian, GA

#16 Oct 14, 2009
Maxwell wrote:
What's wrong with living a life of love and giving. That's what God teaches in his religion. I would rather TRY to live a good life and believe in God, to die and find out there isn't a God, than to live life not believing and die and find out there is one.
Maxwe

Buffalo, NY

#17 Oct 15, 2009
Danny wrote:
I'm curious how you "KNOW"? or do you just believe there is no God?I would assume you've died already? Well even a fool would hedge his bets!<quoted text>
Thanks for getting right down to suggesting I'm a fool. I know there is no god with the same certainty you know there IS a god.
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

#18 Oct 15, 2009
Jim Cauthen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maxwell,
Did you hear about the Agnostic, Dyslexic Insomniac? He laid awake all night wondering if there really were a Dog.
Keep thinking.
Jim
Thanks for the joke, Jim. Do you have anything of substance to contribute?
tootie

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2009
Maxwell wrote:
That's what you think!
angel347

Byram, MS

#20 Oct 17, 2009
The Bible teaches us to love the sinner and hate the sin. As a Christian I offer you love and as a Christian I hate the sin of disbelief. How do you get through the rough times in your life without prayer? Who do you go to in the middle of the night when the world is at it's darkest and there seems no way to go or no safe haven to turn to? At one of the darkest hours of my life I prayer for God's loving arms to hold me and let me know that I am worthy of love. In that moment I felt warm loving arms go around me and I felt love as I've never felt it before. I was alone in my home with only my pet dog for company. I can't understand your disbelief but I can and will pray for your enlightment.
Maxwell

Buffalo, NY

#21 Oct 19, 2009
tootie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you think!
No, that's what I know....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Sheboon 19,565
Mississippi tea party activist dead of apparent... (Jun '14) 15 hr Swedenforever 26
Review: Jackson Lease Sales & Rentals (Jun '11) Tue Ehavard 13
Review: Ramelli Waste Tue mark Coleman 1
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Dec 22 Quit 1,991
Bryant protests immigrant children being housed... Dec 19 Creekman 27
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... (Jun '14) Dec 17 Swedenforever 53
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:22 am PST

NBC Sports11:22AM