Philadelphia elects first black mayor...

Philadelphia elects first black mayor in runoff

There are 19 comments on the The Mississippi Press story from May 21, 2009, titled Philadelphia elects first black mayor in runoff. In it, The Mississippi Press reports that:

JACKSON, Miss. - Philadelphia appears to have elected its first black mayor. Former Neshoba County supervisor James Young led incumbent Mayor Rayburn Waddell in Tuesday's tight Democratic Party primary runoff, according to unofficial results.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mississippi Press.

Since: Jul 08

Brandon

#2 May 25, 2009
Im so sick of hearing the headlines"---- is the first black ----"! Its so STUPID! I dont give a damn if the person is purple, if he has the skills and is best for the position then he should win!!!!!!!!! Take the presidental race, Obama won because of his skin color not because of skills! What really pisses me off is the Obama is half white and half black, but what did he run on? His black half! Who ever cares about who wins something on color are all RACIST.
Mencken

Florence, MS

#4 May 29, 2009
Those racist Miss'ssippi white folk done done it again. They make up 55.54% of Philadelphia's population and yet, racists that we know they all are, they voted for a black man.

Where's your national news media now? Go figure.
Karen Korman

Springfield, MO

#5 May 31, 2009
"Live and let live."
wow

Terry, MS

#6 Jun 1, 2009
guess what i've seen in real life in philly now that it's got it's first black mayor? black folks are not as mean to the whites, indians, or mexicans during the past 2 weeks. my eyes opened up to the fact that the blacks i came in contact with (town, church, parks, etc.)were very defensive about racism before it happened! I've never had so many black people meet me with a sweet smile and a "Hi". Folks, that was rare before this election. I just hope this Young man is QUALIFIED in skills and not just in color.
Mary

South Africa

#7 Jun 4, 2009
There are a few evils that are tearing down Americas morals and destroying a once blessed country.

1. Homosexuality.
2. Abortion.
3. Continueing to fight for same-sex marriages.
4. Promoting marriage between different races.
5. Those who are not authentic Americans in
leadership positions.
6. Promoting and approval of non-Christian
religions.
7. Materialism.
8. Approval of living together out of wedlock.
9. Blasphemous materials by Movie makers.
10.Lack of moral values.
11.Bias Media with too much power.

America was once a prosperous country founded on Christian values that have been eroded over the years because of the ungodly wanting their own way. America is on its ways down and out.
Only God is able to save you now.
The devil is in your pocket because he has been given the right to destroy what was once given by God.

Do not expect to stay world leaders when you have not got yor own house in order.

Previously taken from internet. Pensylvania News Topix.
Now you whities know hows it feel to be in the minority.We plan to take over. 400 years of slavery and now the whites are going to be our slave. Deal with it whitie.

With the first black Philadelphia mayor America is one position closer to that day. Americans are making their choice.

Pray that one day they are not another Zimbabwe.
citizenofphillym s

New Albany, MS

#8 Jun 14, 2009
I think before anyone can say anything about who our Mayor is need to live here...Folks this is one of the best places to live, I moved here from Albuquerque and just love it here no matter if your white, black, native american or mexican you get treat with respect!!!!!
John C

Sandersville, GA

#10 Jul 14, 2009
Obama is only 1/6 black. He only looks that way. It doesn't matter anyway because he will still do exactly what he is told by his masters.

His masters have brought this country to its knees but we are far from being beaten. Politicians, lawyers, judges, social workers, government workers and law enforcement have betrayed us all.

Talk to your congressman lately? I'm sure they're concerned about what you think. More men need to wake up to what is going on in this country. Do not be afraid. If they say you are racist, bigoted, backwoods, redneck or whatever it means nothing. MEN built this country and it is past time to take it back. "Experts" and "talking heads" on the idiot box have brainwashed you into a civilization that is not maintainable. Look around you. Open your eyes. This country is collapsing because of these experts. 98% of Americans were against the bank bailouts but did your government care? No. Why? Because it is not your government anymore.

How do you think it can be fixed? More laws? There are over 6 million statutes on the books. They still tell you that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Do you think there is a judge on this planet that can keep up with them? It is done deliberately to confuse you and to bleed you dry financially. How about a 7,000+ page tax code?

Wake up Americans. You are killing your children's future. Stop automatically giving the man with a suit and tie any respect. They are the real criminals. Respect the man that works and actually produces something. Not the scum that feed off the people.
lynn

South Africa

#11 Jul 17, 2009
Taken from the Bible Acts 17.
26. From one man (Adam) he (God) made EVERY nation of men,...
(note God did not create just one of them).
HE (GOD) DETERMINED the ... EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE.

The West is expecting all humans to become one race (only then are they not labelled racist). America is losing their identity by mixing. It is not Gods will. Both black and whites in South Africa have a bad history behind them. Apartheid oppressed the blacks but the whites were brutally raped or killed by them (these crime still taking place today).
Land was not the only problem. Apartheid started when races clashed, fear of the future together, threat of Communism and black rule.
Neither party was innocent as both sides did wrong. Thousands of whites who were killed are still being ignored ... as if they never existed. The whites are reminded daily of the blacks who were fallen.
All whites are viewed as the only culprits but let God will judge on the end. Not every white abused the system.
In early years the whites felt oppressed because of the blacks multiplying. The Government not the people brought Apartheid in.
All races in S.A. are a proud people and want to keep their own identity.
No one has to get into bed with the other to prove they are not racist.
Whites are NOT walking around the streets crying ... I hate you.
We DO RESPECT other races. Whites want to keep their blue eyes and blonde hair and not inherit the dominant black gene for their offspring (a destructive force that will cause the annihilation of the white races). Both sides feel the same. Blacks in S.A. do not want their offspring to turn brown.
We laugh, cry BUT DO NOT SLEEP TOGETHER except for a few. We work, hug and play together but WE S.A. WHITES WILL NEVER GIVE UP OUR IDENTITY FOR ANY OTHER RACE.
The blacks cherish their own culture and right fully so. We whites want fairness under black rule. Affirmative Action and Black Economic Empowerment is blocking this. We are living Apartheid in reverse.
Never believe that a black world is ideal. America is fast heading that way. Just like your Nassa tapes were lost, you are slowly losing your white races.
tomt

Madison, MS

#12 Jul 21, 2009
Celtichooligan wrote:
Oh, lawdy...Another Mississippi city that will go in the crapper. Watch and see.
Yep put a negro in charge of something and they will screw everything up!
tomt

Madison, MS

#13 Jul 21, 2009
John C wrote:
Obama is only 1/6 black. He only looks that way. It doesn't matter anyway because he will still do exactly what he is told by his masters.
His masters have brought this country to its knees but we are far from being beaten. Politicians, lawyers, judges, social workers, government workers and law enforcement have betrayed us all.
Talk to your congressman lately? I'm sure they're concerned about what you think. More men need to wake up to what is going on in this country. Do not be afraid. If they say you are racist, bigoted, backwoods, redneck or whatever it means nothing. MEN built this country and it is past time to take it back. "Experts" and "talking heads" on the idiot box have brainwashed you into a civilization that is not maintainable. Look around you. Open your eyes. This country is collapsing because of these experts. 98% of Americans were against the bank bailouts but did your government care? No. Why? Because it is not your government anymore.
How do you think it can be fixed? More laws? There are over 6 million statutes on the books. They still tell you that ignorance of the law is no excuse. Do you think there is a judge on this planet that can keep up with them? It is done deliberately to confuse you and to bleed you dry financially. How about a 7,000+ page tax code?
Wake up Americans. You are killing your children's future. Stop automatically giving the man with a suit and tie any respect. They are the real criminals. Respect the man that works and actually produces something. Not the scum that feed off the people.
I agree with you.the SHEEPOLE of america voted for this muslim bastard. and look what he has done. Negro americans think the anti CHRIST is the best thing that ever happened to america. Have you ever watched THEY LIVE! this was a 1988 movie . it starts off by controlling the tv. watch it. I am so tired of working 2 jobs to pay for the lazy asses who don't work. Were you talking about the scum negro women who pay negro males to impregnate them so the females pay the males money. They give the men money so they can get medicare ebt HEALTH CARE?.I know how it can be fixed.Should all of our reps watch SHOOTER!!!! YOU SOUND LIKE A TRUE AMERICAN. Don't blame me I voted for the american.
Mark

Westchester, IL

#14 Jul 28, 2009
You know, I came across this site by happenstance. I will be visiting the philadelphia area soon and decided to do some research. You guys are are ignorant, some of you are ignorant racists. its a shame that you all literally live up to the stereotype that the world puts you in.
Hello

Finland

#15 Jul 28, 2009
People tell other people what they know.
Hello

Finland

#16 Jul 28, 2009
I won't try to reprogram people of what they actually know. They lived this. If they choose to dislike someone for whatever reason, that is their business.

“Do vegans eat animal crackers?”

Since: Aug 08

Brandon

#17 Aug 2, 2009
Mark wrote:
You know, I came across this site by happenstance. I will be visiting the philadelphia area soon and decided to do some research. You guys are are ignorant, some of you are ignorant racists. its a shame that you all literally live up to the stereotype that the world puts you in.
I agree, Mark. There's racists and ignorant folks everywhere. But Mississippi is changing, especially with the younger generation. I hope Lansing IL is changing too, because there's certainly a lot of racism there. Just go to the Lansing IL forum and read "Lansing teens face felony charges in fight" and "Lansing Illinois is changing." You'll see that Mississippi doesn't have the market cornered on race relations!
motion

Montgomery, AL

#18 Aug 9, 2009
you know i didnt know bush was a negro
tomt wrote:
<quoted text>Yep put a negro in charge of something and they will screw everything up!
motion

Montgomery, AL

#19 Aug 9, 2009
you know i didnt know bush was a negro
mike677

Bruce, MS

#21 May 21, 2010
citizenofphillyms wrote:
I think before anyone can say anything about who our Mayor is need to live here...Folks this is one of the best places to live, I moved here from Albuquerque and just love it here no matter if your white, black, native american or mexican you get treat with respect!!!!!
Thank you, I have lived here so long and never have i had any racial problems with my neighbors or anyone else for that matter, it is a pleasant town, i do however want to say that like every other town in Mississippi we are in much need of more jobs and better paying ones. Over all the town is a good place, lets love everyone regardless of their skin color or religion.

Since: Jul 10

AOL

#23 Jul 3, 2010
Every town in the Mississippi Delta (18 counties), with the exception of Cleveland, either now has or has had a black mayor. Every one of them is and has been broke for years.
Neshoba2012

Bennettsville, SC

#25 Jan 28, 2012
The town is cursed.. Murders still allowed to be free. It's evident in there children... Drug addiction, marrying gold diggers. Funny to watch... Very unhappy money hungry people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Comments 6 hr Throng Fart 13
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr china stein 21,337
WMPR 90.1 Charles Evers show Nov 15 CALHOON 1
News Civil-rights marchers: US still needs to addres... (Jul '16) Nov 15 Reymundo Mejia Gu... 22
News Adult sex dating in picayune mississippi (Sep '08) Nov 13 Johanshsy74 5
Who or What is JESUS saving you from ? Nov 12 CALHOON 1
Heintzelman Nov 11 Dr-Who 1

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages