Both sides rest case in Dill DUI trial

Full story: Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal

By Errol Castens Daily Journal Oxford Bureau OXFORD - Attorneys are expected to present closing arguments this morning in the aggravated DUI trial of Dustin Dill after both the prosecution and defense rested ...

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Someone that loves Amie wrote:
<quoted text>
1) How is it that the passenger knew he hit someone but he didn't!!!!!

2) Just the fact that he was underage and drinking should have been enough!

3) Afterall that is illegal and driving while drinking is illegal!!!!!
1) that FACT just goes to show how subjective the subject is.

2) this is not an element of hit and run.

3) this in not an element of hit and run.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Somehow we're supposed to believe that because a man was less drunk than a woman and the woman do step out in front of the man's vehicle, leaving the man without any time to stop, that for some reason it's the mans fault that the woman did this, LOL.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Outsider wrote:
After reading all these comments it made me make a comment about the fact that Dustin Dill has never told the Ewing family that he even was sorry for their loss. I know for a fact that nothing has been said to them by him. Even if was remotely not his fault would you not think that he would have the decency to at least acknowledge the fact that it was him driving and that it was his car that in fact hit and killed the Ewing girl. Sometimes it takes closure for the family to go forward in life. What about the Ewing family that has to go through life now without their daughter?
Actually, it was the Ewing's that had a daughter that stepped out in front of a car, where is their apology? LOL.
Outsider

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

You are so sick! She did not step out in front of the car. If you knew the facts, you would know that she had crossed and had made it across when he hit her! What in hell do they have to apoogize about?
people lover

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

He tried to reach out to amie's father...he wanted nothing to do with it...know the facts before you comment. It was a tragic horrible accident...the prosecution was a joke...I sat and watched eveything the whole week...both familys went through alot of emotions...bad accident and the prosecution tried to make it about alcohol. Again, prosecution was horrendous!
Family

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

people lover wrote:
He tried to reach out to amie's father...he wanted nothing to do with it...know the facts before you comment. It was a tragic horrible accident...the prosecution was a joke...I sat and watched eveything the whole week...both familys went through alot of emotions...bad accident and the prosecution tried to make it about alcohol. Again, prosecution was horrendous!
I don't know where you got your information but he did NOT try to reach out to Amie's dad or anyone in the family!!!! I know because I am her mother. It would have been nice if he had, it certainly would have helped in the grieving process. It was very difficult for our family and something that I hope never happens to our family again. I agree that the prosecution was not prepared! Please get your facts straight before saying something like that about our family. We would have never treated him like that, we would have liked to have heard his side of the story. There were many things in the trial that were changed from the original story given the police for some reason so it would have been nice to have heard what he had to say. Our daughter was a very intelligent young woman and very special to our family and I don't like people making such mean remarks. We still miss her and are still grieving every day.
Rip Amy

Philadelphia, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Family wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where you got your information but he did NOT try to reach out to Amie's dad or anyone in the family!!!! I know because I am her mother. It would have been nice if he had, it certainly would have helped in the grieving process. It was very difficult for our family and something that I hope never happens to our family again. I agree that the prosecution was not prepared! Please get your facts straight before saying something like that about our family. We would have never treated him like that, we would have liked to have heard his side of the story. There were many things in the trial that were changed from the original story given the police for some reason so it would have been nice to have heard what he had to say. Our daughter was a very intelligent young woman and very special to our family and I don't like people making such mean remarks. We still miss her and are still grieving every day.
You will see her again, GOD is great!
Taylor Winestead

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

So person X was walking across the Highway, in the dark and person Y hit and killed her. Person Y was underage and legally drunk by Mississippi law. Person Y left the seen of the accident. Person X died at the seen and registered a blood alcohol level of twice the legal limit 2 hours after the accident. And the state of Mississippi names a Highway after her?

I'm sure both people have suffered as well as all who knew them.
Friend

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Get your facts straight. Person X did not have twice the legal limit. She was of age and registered a little above legal limit. You have a cold heart.
Friend

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Not to mention the fact that she was over 21 and did nothing wrong. She was not driving drunk and she was on the side of the road when she was hit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 50 of50
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••