Both sides rest case in Dill DUI trial

Full story: Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal

By Errol Castens Daily Journal Oxford Bureau OXFORD - Attorneys are expected to present closing arguments this morning in the aggravated DUI trial of Dustin Dill after both the prosecution and defense rested ...

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
We love Amie

Columbia, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2007

The statement that "he flew by them" was the quote from the eye witness that happened to see him drive by and called 911 to report a possible hit and run. You see he did not even stop at first because the passenger in the car with him had to tell him that he had hit someone. Don't you think that if you were not drunk, speeding, and who knows what else you would realize that you had hit someone with enough force to kill them?
phbl wrote:
<quoted text>
as a lawyer, i would ask "what do you mean by 'flew by them'", "when is the last time you received training in visually measuring a motor vehicle's speed?", "how much experience do you have judging speed?", "do you think it's ok for a police officer to give you a ticket based on a visual inspection of speed?", come on, that's not proof, that's just eyewitness statements external to the incident. dill's statement still doesn't meet the criteria for aggravated DUI. speeding yes. aggravated DUI no.
dustin dill

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

Dammit my names dustin dill this is shit that i get crap for this kids wrong doing. take this stuff down.
Dustin Dill California

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

Take this down already youre hurting my name.
realist101

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

Didnt our parents tell us too look both ways before we cross the street when we were kids? Maybe when your intoxicated you forget that rule. Dill was found not guilty...take this bullcrap post down!
Friend of Amie

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Don't your parents teach you to not drink and drive. He was not even old enough to be drinking. If he had used his head, this would have never happened. She was on the side of the road when he hit her! He paid his way out of this! Just look who his lawyer was!
Interested

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2011

Judged:

Which do you think is more serious a DUI or bigamy?
Concerned Citizen

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

I sat through the whole trial and til this day am amazed with the outcome considering there was one contradiction after another espsecially from the McCarty's. I mean contradictions that even I caught and I was not aware of all information. A courtroom is a place to be put on trial based on FACTS not which lawyer presents the best case. The facts and was admiitted by Dustin Dill himself- drunk and underage, speeding, did not stop (which finding a parking spot after hitting someone should not even been in his mind...JUST STOP). It is not illegal for an adult of age such as Amie to drink...she was not driving....It is still a sad day in America. This is not bull crap - Not gulity was bull crap and people should be outraged. AND she did have on shoes...he just hit her so hard that they wree flung off.....it was evidence in courtroom....know the facts!
Concerned Citizen

Oxford, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Friend of Amie wrote:
Don't your parents teach you to not drink and drive. He was not even old enough to be drinking. If he had used his head, this would have never happened. She was on the side of the road when he hit her! He paid his way out of this! Just look who his lawyer was!
VERY WELL SAID! AMEN!
Sandi Ewing

Collins, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

This is for realist101.... You are a disgrace of a human being!!!!! That is my sister you are talking about!!!!
Anonymous

Braxton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Sandi Ewing wrote:
This is for realist101.... You are a disgrace of a human being!!!!! That is my sister you are talking about!!!!
Dont worry about this loser. Its jus some loser that has nothing better to do with their time than start drama on a sensitive subject. screw him.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Susan Holder wrote:
I think it is a SAD, SAD, day in America when the jury found Dustin Dill not guilty of DUI- causing death. He was SIX times over the legal limit for a person under the age of 21...If Dustin Dill had not consumed so much alcohol, he would have been responsible and could have avoided causing the death of a very sweet, young lady.
LOL, you answered your own question, if the defendant was not responsible for killing the girl then he is not guilty.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

dustin dill wrote:
Dammit my names dustin dill this is shit that i get crap for this kids wrong doing. take this stuff down.
Post your social security number so we can use our own means of insuring you are no longer afiliated with someone not guilty of murder like you...you are not guilty of murder, correct?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Susan Holder wrote:
How could people sit on a jury and not find him GUILTY. He had consumed SIX TIMES over the limit.
LOL, there's no such thing as a consumption limit, therefore one cannot consume six times the limit. LOL, in fact, if the accused was underage, the limit is zero and six time zero is zero.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Wylie Mane wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the fact that the eyewitnesses first stated that 1) "he flew by them" and they were the ones that called in the 911 call 2) as a hit and run.
1) what make model and type of RADAR or LIDAR did the eyewitnesses use to determine the speed of the subject vehicle and was their state RADAR/LIDAR speed detection certification current as well as the certification on the RADAR/LIDAR?

2) The only way people who are standing many yards away from a collision can deem the collision a hit and run, would be if the motorist actually got out of the vehicle, looked at the property damage or injured person, then looked at the witness and said, "Screw this noise, I'm leaving!"

LOL, there is no way that people standing outside of a vehicle, not privy to any conversation inside the vehicle, could determine at the time of impact that the driver was "HIT AND RUN". At best, without corroborating evidence, such a crash is "HIT AND DIDN"T KNOW".
Someone that loves Amie

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>
1) what make model and type of RADAR or LIDAR did the eyewitnesses use to determine the speed of the subject vehicle and was their state RADAR/LIDAR speed detection certification current as well as the certification on the RADAR/LIDAR?
2) The only way people who are standing many yards away from a collision can deem the collision a hit and run, would be if the motorist actually got out of the vehicle, looked at the property damage or injured person, then looked at the witness and said, "Screw this noise, I'm leaving!"
LOL, there is no way that people standing outside of a vehicle, not privy to any conversation inside the vehicle, could determine at the time of impact that the driver was "HIT AND RUN". At best, without corroborating evidence, such a crash is "HIT AND DIDN"T KNOW".
How can someone "Hit and didn't know"? I guess it could be because they were intoxicated!!! You are so out of it!!!!! The guy in the car with him had to tell him to go back because he hit someone. Most people would have realized it, I mean really.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Someone that loves Amie wrote:
<quoted text>
How can someone "Hit and didn't know"?
happens all the time. Regardless of your narrow minded and imature OPINION on the subject, the state bears the burden of proof in a criminal allegation and the state must prove that motorist KNEW they struck something or someone then INTENTIONALLY FLED the scene. Not knowing someone has struck something and continuing to move about, is not a criminal offense.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Someone that loves Amie wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people would have realized it, I mean really.
Most people were not on trial here, I mean really.
Someone that loves Amie

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Most people were not on trial here, I mean really.
You are one sick human being with absolutely no feelings. If I were not a Christian I would be inclined to hope that you have to go through what the Ewing family went through! God is the final judge of our actions! We have peace knowing that punishment will come! I can see from your picture that it looks like the mother that killed her baby! Maybe that is your idea of life, "Do what you please and don't care if it hurts someone elase". Just remember hell is a hot place!!!!!!!
Someone that loves Amie

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>happens all the time. Regardless of your narrow minded and imature OPINION on the subject, the state bears the burden of proof in a criminal allegation and the state must prove that motorist KNEW they struck something or someone then INTENTIONALLY FLED the scene. Not knowing someone has struck something and continuing to move about, is not a criminal offense.
How is it that the passenger knew he hit someone but he didn't!!!!! Just the fact that he was underage and drinking should have been enough! Afterall that is illegal and driving while drinking is illegal!!!!!
Outsider

Saltillo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

After reading all these comments it made me make a comment about the fact that Dustin Dill has never told the Ewing family that he even was sorry for their loss. I know for a fact that nothing has been said to them by him. Even if was remotely not his fault would you not think that he would have the decency to at least acknowledge the fact that it was him driving and that it was his car that in fact hit and killed the Ewing girl. Sometimes it takes closure for the family to go forward in life. What about the Ewing family that has to go through life now without their daughter?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of50
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••