Mississippi House committee passes immigration crackdown bill

Feb 24, 2012 Full story: The Mississippi Press 18

Immigrants and lobbyists listen as Rep. Becky Currie, R-Brookhaven, front row-second from right, speaks during a House Education Committee meeting, Wednesday, Feb.

Full Story

Since: Apr 09

small town

#1 Feb 24, 2012
Another Great State listening to United States Citizens. DEPORT ALL illegal immigrants! It is Time for ICE to do their JOB and Enforce the immigrantion Laws. Illinois needs this Law, the illegal immigrants are "PARASITES" to the United States Taxpayers.
Annie

Naperville, IL

#2 Feb 24, 2012
racial profiling is a joke.

If they don't speak English
Have no driver's license
no insurance
have no papers
THEY ARE ILLEGAL!

Legal immigrants have to carry their papers at all times
Foreign workers who don't follow OUR laws and get arrested should be fired from their companies for stupidity.

The Japanese and German businessmen did something else to be stopped. Citizens of other countries have no respect for our laws; because our politicians don't either.

Obviously NO RACIAL PROFILING!!

We can't starve these "through no fault of their own" children. Too bad their homeland doesn't feel the same way. We have enough corruption in our own government; why should we be victimized by another country.

Every one is more than willing to take America's foreign aid, social benefits and demaand their rights.

I'm a citizen and I have the right to say NO!

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Feb 25, 2012
Go Mississippi...keep rolling along! This should pass since there is now a republican majority; they have finally listened to the voice of the people...run interlopers, run...do what you do best. More states are sure to follow.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#5 Feb 25, 2012
Ga. passed laws,illegals left.Al. passed laws,illegals left.Ms. thought,"They're coming this way",and wisely passed laws.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 25, 2012
copperpossum wrote:
Ga. passed laws,illegals left.Al. passed laws,illegals left.Ms. thought,"They're coming this way",and wisely passed laws.
She has been trying for years, but the dumbocrats kept any bill from getting to the floor for debate...those days are over, as there is a republican majority. Now the best intersts of the legal citizens may finally be taken seriously. There will be a sucrrying of little feet, to be sure.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#8 Feb 25, 2012
Another law suit for Holder to waste our money on defending criminals.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 25, 2012
Who is next....?
magadala

Seattle, WA

#10 Feb 25, 2012
Yea MS!!!
magadala

Seattle, WA

#11 Feb 25, 2012
Don't forget to email the governor thanking him for his stance! Remember, msm will roast him as a racist, etc.
One At A Time

Omaha, NE

#14 Feb 25, 2012
Citizens are sick of the invasion!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#16 Feb 28, 2012
As I was reading all the above posts, I just sorta dazed off and was thinking, "why don't the fed's and/or Obama hear what the American people are saying?" ......and then I realized, they do hear us but they're playing their vote-balance- political-games and are...do'n nothing except tying up the courts. No Sir, "NO MORE OBAMA or democrats!" Let's try Ron Paul.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 Feb 29, 2012
alot of places around there got invaded after the big storm and they have not left,trying to colonize it as they have done every other place foolish enough to let them get a foothold.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#18 Feb 29, 2012
tomin cali wrote:
alot of places around there got invaded after the big storm and they have not left,trying to colonize it as they have done every other place foolish enough to let them get a foothold.
They are experts at colonizing.........Look at Europe....

“Legals against Illegals!”

Since: Dec 11

Willing to stand and Fight!

#19 Mar 2, 2012
Keep it up Miss.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 4, 2012
DfwDude wrote:
Keep it up Miss.
It's going to be decided within the next two weeks. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Location hidden

#22 Mar 4, 2012
copperpossum wrote:
<quoted text>
What choice does Miss. have,really? With both Al & Ga enacting crackdowns,Miss. can either follow suit or wind up over-run as a sanctuary.
Well, there are stil some very misguided people in MS, who try to liken issue this to past plantation days...I am hoping you are correct, but I still think we just have to wait and see, however, I do think the chance of it passing is better now than ever before. Maybe the south shall rise again, as a leader in fighting the influx of illegals. Interesting concept, states lokking out for the best interests of their legal citizens.

Location hidden

#23 Mar 4, 2012
should be: looking

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#24 Mar 4, 2012
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Well, there are stil some very misguided people in MS, who try to liken issue this to past plantation days...I am hoping you are correct, but I still think we just have to wait and see, however, I do think the chance of it passing is better now than ever before. Maybe the south shall rise again, as a leader in fighting the influx of illegals. Interesting concept, states lokking out for the best interests of their legal citizens.
The open borders/Dream Actors/Amnestians are trying the tactic of piggybacking on the Civil Rights movement;thankfully most see through this amoral ruse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Pastor LDM 19,381
Why the Left Should Look to Jackson, Mississippi 12 hr Swedenforever 5
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Oct 20 Geoscientist 1,990
Flooding in areas of Central Mississippi Oct 15 ACE MILNER 1
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... Oct 15 Swedenforever 27
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Oct 8 CurtainsCoverEmpt... 1,101
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For (Dec '13) Oct 4 Dan the man 49
Jackson Dating
Find my Match

Jackson Jobs

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance