Life-at-fertilization initiative has ...

Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.

There are 2675 comments on the Centre Daily Times story from Oct 17, 2011, titled Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.. In it, Centre Daily Times reports that:

In this June 6, 2011 file photo, Ezekiel Sowell, 7, right,of Tupelo, Miss., sings during a prayer rally for the Personhood Amendment at the Capitol in Jackson, Miss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centre Daily Times.

Teato

Tupelo, MS

#2737 Apr 24, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The phrase "terminate a pregnancy" is the abortionists attempt to gloss over the fact that abortion kills the baby. If, as abortionists say, abortion is not wrong. Why are they so vigorous in their attempts to cover up or deny what abortion is? Killing people doesn't save their life, whether they are wanted or not.
What we have is a brainwashed right winger that has not done their homework. Understand reproductive process and learn about life instead of religion. You have not opened your mind to objective evidence you are stuck in beliefs. Some day you will die too it is all a cycle. Too bad death ends all including the soul. Dust to dust.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2738 Apr 24, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well up until this whole abortion argument ever started and even now. Doctors as well as parents refer to the baby in the womb as the baby..Do you want to see an ultra sound of your baby.. I am having a baby. Etc..nn I go up to a woman who is pregnant and God forbid kick her in the uterus causing her to lose her 8 month pregnancy.. I would be guilty of battery but in many
States also charged with unlawfully aborting her baby.or killing it.
I consider the founders those who established this country by the declaration..the bill of rights..and the constitution.. they founded our form of government and many fought to make us a nation..
I never said ..that I remember that your arguments were convoluted..I understand your position .
I hate to tell you this, but I used the proper terms, and so did all three of my OBs. I told people that I was pregnant, when I was due to deliver, would you like to see the ultrasound.

Neither assault on the woman, nor fetal homicide would mention the word "baby".

The phrase I used was from the 14th Amendment.

And the very same right of citizens to "life, liberty and property" which means that a person owns their own body, ALSO means that a woman owns her own uterus.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#2739 Apr 24, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I being childish. SORRY I think I have been polite and thoughtful.. I never said your name was not Bitner???
Well, you've been making a mess of spelling it, then. When other posters do so, they're making a childish attempt to be insulting. If that's not the case with you, my apologies. But after the third time, I figured it was.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2740 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you've been making a mess of spelling it, then. When other posters do so, they're making a childish attempt to be insulting. If that's not the case with you, my apologies. But after the third time, I figured it was.
Oddly this device changes my spelling on some things..I do try to correct spelling tho but if I spelled your name incorrectly then I apologize.

I don't know if you remember but I used to post a couple of years ago. I always found you to be one of the better debaters though I do not agree with you.

One of the main reasons I stopped was because the forum in general got so personal and nasty. And useless. I mean really. If we want to debate that alone should mean we have a forum for opposing ideas or why bother. I can talk to and agree with myself without benefit of the Internet..lol

Anyway I do try to be respectful ..still believe I and most women sag to others. I am having a baby..etc. my kids especially and their friends.. they even post or send the sonogram as first baby pix...I felt my baby move today. Etc..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#2741 Apr 24, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oddly this device changes my spelling on some things..I do try to correct spelling tho but if I spelled your name incorrectly then I apologize.
I don't know if you remember but I used to post a couple of years ago. I always found you to be one of the better debaters though I do not agree with you.
One of the main reasons I stopped was because the forum in general got so personal and nasty. And useless. I mean really. If we want to debate that alone should mean we have a forum for opposing ideas or why bother. I can talk to and agree with myself without benefit of the Internet..lol
Anyway I do try to be respectful ..still believe I and most women sag to others. I am having a baby..etc. my kids especially and their friends.. they even post or send the sonogram as first baby pix...I felt my baby move today. Etc..
My apologies. I've experienced autocorrect, and it's a pain.

Still, using a term of endearment doesn't change the proper terms, which was my point. My 19 year old is not a baby. Neither was my husband's Harley, even if he sometimes referred to it as "My Baby".
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2742 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, using a term of endearment doesn't change the proper terms, which was my point. My 19 year old is not a baby. Neither was my husband's Harley, even if he sometimes referred to it as "My Baby".
No problem. I will try not to use names. But it changes other things or adds letters too

. Anyway we will most likely never agree on this point. To me and many others and to most people BEFORe the abortion debate. And I was around then to hear it...the being inside the mom was and is a baby.

So I will agree to disagree.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#2743 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You two have figured out the politeness dance. Good job, both of you.

:)

It never seems to be a point with some folks, that if a woman wants her pregnancy, and is joyously anticipating her delivery, as most women do, she happily refers to her fetus as a 'baby'. Women who are not joyously pregnant, not so much.

Wanted or not,'fetus' is a correct term.

It just won't make it through the brainpan with some people, that not every pregnancy is healthy. It never fails to amaze me, the lack of respect for any women who make the heartbreaking choice to terminate a wanted pregnancy. It's always "You're a selfish murderer!!" and never "I'm sorry for your loss," with the so-called 'pro-life' crowd.

Sad.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#2744 Apr 24, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. I will try not to use names. But it changes other things or adds letters too
. Anyway we will most likely never agree on this point. To me and many others and to most people BEFORe the abortion debate. And I was around then to hear it...the being inside the mom was and is a baby.
So I will agree to disagree.
You are right. Everybody knows it is a baby whether they say the word or not. To not say baby is to deny the relationship between a mother and her child and it dehumanizes the child. Makes it easier to kill if you can tell yourself that it isn't 'really' a baby.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#2745 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. Everybody knows it is a baby whether they say the word or not. To not say baby is to deny the relationship between a mother and her child and it dehumanizes the child. Makes it easier to kill if you can tell yourself that it isn't 'really' a baby.
She didn't say everybody.

Nonsense, using the proper terms does not dehumanize a fetus. And using a term of endearment doesn't humanize it, either. That's a strawman argument. No one mentioned species. Tell me you've never called a kitten or puppy a "baby". Go ahead, lie.

Easier to kill? Who am I killing? What a load of crap you just spouted.
Teato

Tupelo, MS

#2746 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
But it is not a child it is a growth in the body. Would you also develop a relationship with a tumor?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#2747 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She didn't say everybody.
Nonsense, using the proper terms does not dehumanize a fetus. And using a term of endearment doesn't humanize it, either. That's a strawman argument. No one mentioned species. Tell me you've never called a kitten or puppy a "baby". Go ahead, lie.
Easier to kill? Who am I killing? What a load of crap you just spouted.
Who doesn't know it's a baby?

A term of endearment expresses love or affection. Some thing you wouldn't want to use for a child you intend to have killed.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#2748 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who doesn't know it's a baby?
A term of endearment expresses love or affection. Some thing you wouldn't want to use for a child you intend to have killed.
It's not a baby. It's a fetus.

Baby IS a term of endearment, no more.

You avoided both the point that the OP didn't say "everybody", the one about kittens and puppies, and my question. Typical of you.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#2749 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoided both the point that the OP didn't say "everybody", the one about kittens and puppies, and my question. Typical of you.
It is a fetus and if you love him he is a baby. If you are going to have him killed he is a fetus.

Baby kitten and baby puppy is redundant.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#2750 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you told yourself, when you had your abortion?

What? You've never had an abortion?
So how the HELL do you know what women who have, are thinking??

Fantasize away, dear...and if it pleases you, go right on thinking you can read the minds of women you've never met.

Weird.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2751 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to tell you this, but I used the proper terms, and so did all three of my OBs. I told people that I was pregnant, when I was due to deliver, would you like to see the ultrasound.
Neither assault on the woman, nor fetal homicide would mention the word "baby".
The phrase I used was from the 14th Amendment.
And the very same right of citizens to "life, liberty and property" which means that a person owns their own body, ALSO means that a woman owns her own uterus.
Human rights are inherent, citizenship has nothing to do with who is or isn't human. All humans have human rights, no matter where they are or how old they might be. You are not allowed to sell your body or any part of your body. No one owns their body or any part of their body.
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birth weight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#2752 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which pretty much determines how you feel about your expected child. Would your want to show any affection or love for a son or daughter you planned to have eliminated?
Teato

Tupelo, MS

#2753 Apr 24, 2013
" No one owns their body or any part of their body."
==========

Then you have a big peoblem. Your rights end at mine. So you own every one's body?

Read "Nobodies: Modern American Slave Labor and the Dark Side of the New Global Economy"

Perhaps you are a slave that does not know better?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#2754 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fetus and if you love him he is a baby. If you are going to have him killed he is a fetus.
Baby kitten and baby puppy is redundant.
Wrong. I used the proper terms all throughout all three of my pregnancies. They were all wanted, even the one that was unplanned.

I didn't say "baby kitten", or "baby puppy", Dishonest One. I said tell me you've never called a kitten or puppy "baby". Try for some integrity for a change.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#2755 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Which pretty much determines how you feel about your expected child. Would your want to show any affection or love for a son or daughter you planned to have eliminated?
Nonsense. Using a term of endearment, or the proper terms doesn't determine that. And using a term of endearment doesn't confer humanity on anything, just like using the correct terms takes it away from anything.

Again, tell us you've never called a kitten or puppy "baby". Did it make them human when you did so?

Did my husband "humanize" his Harley when he referred to it as "my baby"?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2756 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it so important to you that only some peoples be referred to with terms of endearment, while demanding that other peoples only be referred to with clinical terms? Because you are a hatemongering bigot, perhaps?

When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birth weight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
College Students Wanted 10 min JxnCollegeGuy 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr No Justice 20,064
News Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 11 hr Media 2,019
Flora Crime 12 hr DISGUSTED 3
News Lloyd Gray: Time for a little braggin' (Apr '14) Sat Life long boaster 11
Catherine "Beth" Callender LCSW Jun 30 Looking4Information 1
News Dan Jones out as Ole Miss chancellor when contr... Jun 24 Jensen R 32
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages