Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.

Oct 17, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Centre Daily Times

In this June 6, 2011 file photo, Ezekiel Sowell, 7, right,of Tupelo, Miss., sings during a prayer rally for the Personhood Amendment at the Capitol in Jackson, Miss.

Comments
2,561 - 2,580 of 2,675 Comments Last updated May 5, 2013
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Godame wrote:
"Pregnancy is a spontaneous biological process that requires no conscious effort from anyone"
==========
Do I need to explain how someone gets pregnant in detail perhaps you never learned it as it was held from you in school and apparently at home also.
"You are insane"
==========
Are you looking in a mirror?
We weren't discussing getting pregnant. We were discussing people that are already pregnant killing their babies with abortion. About which how someone gets pregnant is completely irrelevant. I can't speak for everyone, but you don't need to explain anything to me.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

zef wrote:
No, reproductive does not mean not to reproduce. Reproductive means reproducing. Abortion is not reproducing.
Actually, LIAR, I said reproductive RIGHTS includes the right NOT to reproduce if some of us choose NOT to do so. Reproduction is OPTIONAL, not required, no matter how many times you dishonestly claim otherwise.

If some women choose NOT to reproduce for any reason, their decision to either use contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancy or use abortion to terminate a pregnancy is none of YOUR business or anyone else's either. You don't get to make sexual and reproductive choices for anyone but yourself.
Godame

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I would rather go forward to the days that women respect the lives of all people, not just themselves.
That day will come when men respect the women and do not use them as pleasure machines.

You can not make children when you do not have the resources to give them a good life.

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Unbelievable.

"pandering to the narcissistic spoiled pregnant women of our society"

Pregnant women are vulnerable. I don't believe the majority seek special favors. Just a little consideration should be granted. The same that would be extended to others that are either permanently or temporarily afflicted with medical issues.
Godame

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

" About which how someone gets pregnant is completely irrelevant."
==========
Tell that to the rape victim. You are some piece of work. What is irrelevant is your belief and its opinion of someone else's life.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
The religious right doesn't care about the constitution. They think their individual interpretations of a book written by a bunch of ignorant goatherds 2,000 years ago define what is right without question. The example of guns is perfect because it wasn't until recently that SCOTUS actually ruled that the 2nd amendment extended to homeowners as individuals. Yet the gun nuts will shriek that they have had that right since the constitution was written.
Well I cannot speak for all of the right..however most of us care very much about the constitution. Ending the life of ones offspring was not mentioned. The right to bear arms was.

However personally I am all for trying to keep criminals from getting guns. Sadly by their very nature criminals do Not follow any laws to begin with. Why anyone needs an Automatic weapon I will never know. Be that as it may..this big show going on that legislation is going to keep some nutcase or criminal from purchasing guns illegally once they pass new laws is ridiculous.. its politics. Criminals break laws. The gun shows should be regulated..but a determined person will find a way no matter what.hugging people or publishing the addresses of legal gun owners was ludicrous and an invasion of their privacy..Show Show Show.
Godame

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

"However personally I am all for trying to keep criminals from getting guns."
==========
Impossible. They can steal guns if necessary. What we should be focusing on is the reason people become criminals. Anyone can make bombs out of common materials, even guns are not hard to make they even make them in prison.
You are attacking the wrong problem with an unworkable solution. It is like saying you can ban fire.
okokok

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

If I do not want someone telling me what to do with my body then I can not tell them. It's funny to me that the right wing Christians that are calling for less government (no big brother)in their lives are the ones that want big government in other peoples lives. They want no abortion, no gay marriage and the list goes on. Thank God I go to a church that does not spew this right wing garbage every week. Folks, if you're going to a church that spew politics and this stuff from the pulpit each week, you need to change church. That is not what church is all about.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I would rather go forward to the days that women respect the lives of all people, not just themselves.
If only you could lead by example....
In other words, Nazi,
You First.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, LIAR, I said reproductive RIGHTS includes the right NOT to reproduce if some of us choose NOT to do so. Reproduction is OPTIONAL, not required, no matter how many times you dishonestly claim otherwise.
If some women choose NOT to reproduce for any reason, their decision to either use contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancy or use abortion to terminate a pregnancy is none of YOUR business or anyone else's either. You don't get to make sexual and reproductive choices for anyone but yourself.
Than don't reproduce. But if you do reproduce, you have every obligation to protect the life of your baby. And you do not have the right to kill anyone, not even your own baby. Choice is a mental process. No one can make any choice for anyone except themselves. You are insane.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Godame wrote:
" About which how someone gets pregnant is completely irrelevant."
==========
Tell that to the rape victim. You are some piece of work. What is irrelevant is your belief and its opinion of someone else's life.
What rape victim? There has never been a baby capable of raping anyone. You are insane.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Godame wrote:
<quoted text>
That day will come when men respect the women and do not use them as pleasure machines.
You can not make children when you do not have the resources to give them a good life.
The vast majority of women get pregnant from using men as pleasure machines. Your vile misandry and sexism is obnoxious and obtuse. A good life is never death. Abortion is death. If you have the resources to kill children with highly skilled professionals using sophisticated technology, you have the resources make children.

As Douglas and the other candidates went through with their campaigns, Lincoln was the only one of them who gave no speeches. Instead, he monitored the campaign closely and relied on the enthusiasm of the Republican Party. The party did the leg work that produced majorities across the North, and produced an abundance of campaign posters, leaflets, and newspaper editorials. There were thousands of Republican speakers who focused first on the party platform, and second on Lincoln's life story, emphasizing his childhood poverty.

Andrew Johnson (December 29, 1808 – July 31, 1875) was the 17th President of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869. Johnson was born in poverty in Raleigh, North Carolina. Apprenticed as a tailor, he worked in several frontier towns before settling in Greeneville, Tennessee.

Born in poverty, Andrew Jackson (1767-1845) had become a wealthy Tennessee lawyer and rising young politician by 1812, when war broke out between the United States and Britain. His leadership in that conflict earned Jackson national fame as a military hero, and he would become America's most influential–and polarizing–political figure during the 1820s and 1830s. After narrowly losing to John Quincy Adams in the contentious 1824 presidential election, Jackson returned four years later to win redemption, soundly defeating Adams and becoming the nation's seventh president (1829-1837).

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
The vast majority of women get pregnant from using men as pleasure machines. Your vile misandry and sexism is obnoxious and obtuse. A good life is never death. Abortion is death. If you have the resources to kill children with highly skilled professionals using sophisticated technology, you have the resources make children.
As Douglas and the other candidates went through with their campaigns, Lincoln was the only one of them who gave no speeches. Instead, he monitored the campaign closely and relied on the enthusiasm of the Republican Party. The party did the leg work that produced majorities across the North, and produced an abundance of campaign posters, leaflets, and newspaper editorials. There were thousands of Republican speakers who focused first on the party platform, and second on Lincoln's life story, emphasizing his childhood poverty.
Andrew Johnson (December 29, 1808 – July 31, 1875) was the 17th President of the United States, serving from 1865 to 1869. Johnson was born in poverty in Raleigh, North Carolina. Apprenticed as a tailor, he worked in several frontier towns before settling in Greeneville, Tennessee.
Born in poverty, Andrew Jackson (1767-1845) had become a wealthy Tennessee lawyer and rising young politician by 1812, when war broke out between the United States and Britain. His leadership in that conflict earned Jackson national fame as a military hero, and he would become America's most influential–and polarizing–political figure during the 1820s and 1830s. After narrowly losing to John Quincy Adams in the contentious 1824 presidential election, Jackson returned four years later to win redemption, soundly defeating Adams and becoming the nation's seventh president (1829-1837).
So what?
Godame

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
What rape victim? There has never been a baby capable of raping anyone. You are insane.
==========
With a crime rate of 48 per one thousand residents, Hemet has one of the higher crime rates in CA. I take you are a sex criminal?
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I cannot speak for all of the right..however most of us care very much about the constitution. Ending the life of ones offspring was not mentioned. The right to bear arms was.
Not all specific rights are enumerated in the constitution; the constitution didn't give you the right to own a car or use a phone. And the right to bear arms was only recently formally extended from a militia to a homeowner.
rosesz wrote:
<.this big show going on that legislation is going to keep some nutcase or criminal from purchasing guns illegally once they pass new laws is ridiculous..
Strawman argument. No one is claiming that tighter regulations will prevent all illegal ownership or all gun deaths. But if we can prevent a few thousand it is worth it. If you don't understand that argument you are beyond help.
foodno

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

"Strawman argument. No one is claiming that tighter regulations will prevent all illegal ownership or all gun deaths. But if we can prevent a few thousand it is worth it. If you don't understand that argument you are beyond help. "
==========
Not exactly, when you can not find a gun quick, a few sacks of fertilizer will take out you and neighbors too. There is no evidence at all that restricting guns stops murder. Look at Mexico they have a no gun rule and more murder than the U.S.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Godame wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
With a crime rate of 48 per one thousand residents, Hemet has one of the higher crime rates in CA. I take you are a sex criminal?
Your terrorist threats, and slanderous defamatory statements will not intimidate me, or prevent me from exercising my right to freedom of speech.
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

foodno wrote:
"Strawman argument. No one is claiming that tighter regulations will prevent all illegal ownership or all gun deaths. But if we can prevent a few thousand it is worth it. If you don't understand that argument you are beyond help. "
==========
Not exactly, when you can not find a gun quick, a few sacks of fertilizer will take out you and neighbors too. There is no evidence at all that restricting guns stops murder. Look at Mexico they have a no gun rule and more murder than the U.S.
You didn't read my comment very carefully. I acknowledged that no one claims tighter regulations will prevent ALL gun deaths. To see the absurdity of your position, imagine claiming that since seatbelts don't prevent ALL automobile deaths then we should have no laws regarding the use of seatbelts. And arguing that it is pointless to restrict guns because people can make bombs is like arguing it is pointless to have highway speed limits because people can fly planes. Pretty weak logic there skippy; however, your spelling was ok.
foodno

Tupelo, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Your terrorist threats, and slanderous defamatory statements will not intimidate me, or prevent me from exercising my right to freedom of speech.
==========
Perhaps the same freedom carries to a women's body.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

foodno wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Perhaps the same freedom carries to a women's body.
Woman's body or not, terrorist threats, and slanderous defamatory statements are not freedom. Terrorist threats, and slanderous defamatory statements are fascism. Your idolization of women's bodies is no excuse for fascism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson Discussions

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 24 min Hello 1,012
Perfectly thin xtreme diet pill (Dec '13) 13 hr SaraSoCal 6
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Samuel 18,546
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Thu OS Resident 1,964
Looking for information.. Jul 22 stephanie 1
Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins (Jan '08) Jul 21 Von M 134
Jackson and Surrounding Area Neighborhoods Jul 21 MDR78 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••