Life-at-fertilization initiative has hope in Miss.

Oct 17, 2011 Full story: Centre Daily Times 2,675

In this June 6, 2011 file photo, Ezekiel Sowell, 7, right,of Tupelo, Miss., sings during a prayer rally for the Personhood Amendment at the Capitol in Jackson, Miss.

Full Story
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2467 Mar 17, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that understanding the human psyche is dangerous?
I think one size does not fit all. Humans are not efficient or standard. The pseudo science does not demand high standards of experiments being reproduced. It is more of a cult teaching to those less able to question.

Death is not something to fear.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#2468 Mar 18, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think one size does not fit all. Humans are not efficient or standard. The pseudo science does not demand high standards of experiments being reproduced. It is more of a cult teaching to those less able to question.
Death is not something to fear.
Being a geriatrics nurse, I know that death is not something to fear. I am quite familiar with the science of dying. The rest of your post is mumbo jumbo, but mildly entertaining. Thanks for sharing.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2469 Mar 18, 2013
Are for psychic manipulation by drug? Do the doctors know why the drugs that affect the brain chemicals that alter the the amount but they do not know what the normal level is?

Atrisco Village

#2470 Mar 18, 2013
anon wrote:
Are for psychic manipulation by drug? Do the doctors know why the drugs that affect the brain chemicals that alter the the amount but they do not know what the normal level is?
You were talking about psychology, dear. I responded to that subject. Now, you switch to psychiatry. The two are not interchangeable. You obviously need to learn a little more about the two disciplines. Reading the definition of each would be a good start.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2471 Mar 19, 2013
It's not as simple as who tends to what, like the difference between a goatherd and shepherd. Both kinds of professionals treat people with problems that vary widely by degree and type, from mild anxiety to schizophrenia. Both can practice psychotherapy, and both can do research.

The short answer is, psychiatrists are medical doctors and psychologists are not. The suffix "-iatry" means "medical treatment," and "-logy" means "science" or "theory." So psychiatry is the medical treatment of the psyche, and psychology is the science of the psyche.
==========
Both join forces with the powerful to manipulate the public to conform to keeping those in power comfortable and safe while profiting themselves. Medical doctors are not far behind. Once you allow insurance you open the bag to all sorts of abuse.

“Define Necessity”

Since: Mar 13

FOR YOURSELF

#2472 Mar 19, 2013
anon wrote:
It's not as simple as who tends to what, like the difference between a goatherd and shepherd. Both kinds of professionals treat people with problems that vary widely by degree and type, from mild anxiety to schizophrenia. Both can practice psychotherapy, and both can do research.
The short answer is, psychiatrists are medical doctors and psychologists are not. The suffix "-iatry" means "medical treatment," and "-logy" means "science" or "theory." So psychiatry is the medical treatment of the psyche, and psychology is the science of the psyche.
==========
Both join forces with the powerful to manipulate the public to conform to keeping those in power comfortable and safe while profiting themselves. Medical doctors are not far behind. Once you allow insurance you open the bag to all sorts of abuse.
Regardless, abortion is (and will remain) legal.

When you copy someone else's words, by the way, citation is necessary - because plagiarism IS illegal.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2473 Mar 19, 2013
"Regardless, abortion is (and will remain) legal."
==========
I have no problem with abortion or capital punishment or withholding food and water from those that do not work for it. What I am against is forcing other people to provide for it.

It is not illegal to copy works that are not copyrighted.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2474 Mar 19, 2013
Plagiarism is not a crime per se but in academia and industry it is a serious moral offence, and cases of plagiarism can constitute copyright infringement.

Morals are a personal issue and not universial.

Atrisco Village

#2475 Mar 19, 2013
Anon, you obviously just love to pontificate. I'll leave you to converse with yourself. You're not interested in an exchange of different ideas. Have fun, friend.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2476 Mar 19, 2013
It is you that reject different ideas.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#2477 Mar 19, 2013
anon wrote:
"Regardless, abortion is (and will remain) legal."
==========
I have no problem with abortion or capital punishment or withholding food and water from those that do not work for it. What I am against is forcing other people to provide for it.
It is not illegal to copy works that are not copyrighted.
I am against forcing 'other people'(including me) to pay for dirty little wars, nation-building, and the propping up of corporate / financial institutions..........but you can see how much our government cares about my feelings in this regard. Why should it care any more about yours?
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2479 Mar 19, 2013
" Why should it care any more about yours?
==========
You should not care about my feelings. I will defend my property with my life. I will not let he government take it by proxy. It is called freedom and liberty wort fighting for.

The government does not enforce the laws so why obey them when they take what is does not belong to them. I will pay for what I use and not for other people's negligence.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2480 Mar 19, 2013
Researchers reported Tuesday that they have linked 180,000 obesity-related deaths worldwide to sugary drinks, including about 25,000 adult Americans.
Of the deaths in 2010 linked to drinking sugar-sweetened soft drinks, fruit juice or sports beverages, 132 000 were from diabetes, 44 000 from cardiovascular disease and 6,000 from cancer.
Why pay for people that refuse to take good care of their health?
Insurance is a scam so people can act irresponsible.
The same for birth control supplied by the taxpayer. If people want to have sex let they work for it.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2481 Mar 19, 2013
Last week it was reported that the National Institutes of Health had awarded approximately $1.5 million in grants to study how obesity and sexual orientation correlate — particularly why lesbians are more likely to be overweight than gay men. Apparently it was considered an issue of “high public-health significance.”

National Institutes of Health have awarded roughly $2.7 million to study why lesbians are more prone to “hazardous drinking” as part of a separate study, at a different institution
==========
If the government stayed out of people's personal health then you can have all the abortions at your own expence you want.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2482 Mar 22, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The concept that life begins at conception is a religious belief. It most certainly is not scientific.
Again,'conception' is not a good word for this debate, as it means both fertilization AND implantation. So, one doesn't know whether what is meant is when the sperm fertilizes the ovum, or when the blastocyst implants in the uterus. It would be better to just say 'fertilization', or 'implantation'. Medically, a pregnancy doesn't begin until implantation, and when it is defined as beginning at 'conception', that is what is meant.
No, that's not a better way of putting it, because it is just as incorrect. An embryo begins at fertilization, life was present prior to that point.
All DNA means is that it's human. It is not separate. If it was, it wouldn't need to be gestated for 40 weeks.
If it's alive, it's a life. However, there is a qualitative difference between being alive, being a life, and LIVING a life. A fertilized egg is in no way a person.
Embryo is what we call people when their life begains, after that we call people fetus, after that we call people children, after that we call people adolescents, after that we call people adults. What you choose to call something in no way affects what it is. Your perpetual inundation of twisted hateful lies and half truths are a blight upon humanity.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#2483 Mar 23, 2013
anon wrote:
Researchers reported Tuesday that they have linked 180,000 obesity-related deaths worldwide to sugary drinks, including about 25,000 adult Americans.
Of the deaths in 2010 linked to drinking sugar-sweetened soft drinks, fruit juice or sports beverages, 132 000 were from diabetes, 44 000 from cardiovascular disease and 6,000 from cancer.
Why pay for people that refuse to take good care of their health?
Insurance is a scam so people can act irresponsible.
The same for birth control supplied by the taxpayer. If people want to have sex let they work for it.
I sure hope it counts if we 'work' up a sweat...

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#2484 Mar 23, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Embryo is what we call people when their life begains, after that we call people fetus, after that we call people children, after that we call people adolescents, after that we call people adults. What you choose to call something in no way affects what it is. Your perpetual inundation of twisted hateful lies and half truths are a blight upon humanity.
As an alien species stowing away on this planet, you aren't recognized as 'life' either.

I expect that's why you are so adamant for zygotes to have rights...I mean, hey, if we don't even give our OWN species rights before birth, why, we'll NEVER give your species rights whatsoever.

Right?

People are born.
Potential people are...not people yet.

Neither is a 'zef'.

Sorry 'bout yer luck, ET, but not very.

“Define Necessity”

FOR YOURSELF

#2485 Mar 23, 2013
anon wrote:
Last week it was reported that the National Institutes of Health had awarded approximately $1.5 million in grants to study how obesity and sexual orientation correlate — particularly why lesbians are more likely to be overweight than gay men. Apparently it was considered an issue of “high public-health significance.”
National Institutes of Health have awarded roughly $2.7 million to study why lesbians are more prone to “hazardous drinking” as part of a separate study, at a different institution
==========
If the government stayed out of people's personal health then you can have all the abortions at your own expence you want.
Fat girls, even the lesbian ones, need love too.

Don't be jelly - be honey.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#2486 Mar 23, 2013
dedbebbies wrote:
<quoted text>As an alien species stowing away on this planet, you aren't recognized as 'life' either.
I expect that's why you are so adamant for zygotes to have rights...I mean, hey, if we don't even give our OWN species rights before birth, why, we'll NEVER give your species rights whatsoever.
Right?
People are born.
Potential people are...not people yet.
Neither is a 'zef'.
Sorry 'bout yer luck, ET, but not very.
Zygote isn't a species. Only humans have human rights. Since human rights are inherent, humans have rights no matter how young they might be. Your crass ageist bigotry is vulgar and obtuse. Your vile ageist slurs are offensive and insulting.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2487 Mar 23, 2013
"Fat girls, even the lesbian ones, need love too."
==========
Being fat is a personal choice. If you do not have self control you can find it almost impossible be loved. Sex is not love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bryant protests immigrant children being housed... 5 hr Creekman 25
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... 7 hr Swedenforever 53
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr Jim Jones 19,549
shawshank redemption Mon observer 1
Total Transportation a TOTAL POS Company Dec 14 Ex driver 10
Daniel Bolles (May '14) Dec 13 scammed 4
Date Dec 12 Mary Warren 4
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance