Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins

Nov 7, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLBT-TV Jackson

Testimony began in the Elicia Hughes murder retrial in Hinds county court. Hughes is accused in the shooting death of her husband Brian in their Jackson home in the summer of 2004. via WLBT-TV Jackson

Comments
121 - 134 of 134 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 21
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
whattha

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2012

Ivan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right! It seems that juries these days have turned "beyond a reasonable doubt" into "beyond ALL doubt". It isn't a prosecutor's burden to prove a case beyond all doubt.
Identifying what is "reasonable" entails one thing: asking the question, "Would I as a juror have to spin the facts in the defendant's favor in order to justify acquittal?" If the answer is "yes", then I have artificially increased the prosecution's burden and gone too far.
If the weight of the facts does not conclusively justify a conviction, the person should be acqutted; but a jury should never make ridiculous excuses for every little piece of evidence raised by the prosecution. That can go on forever. As the saying goes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's a damn duck.
It's too much smoke and mirror nd no basic evidence against her.
It's about he said she said only the girlfriend is feeling in the blanks. I had a friend get killed by his wife, they were fighting and the gun went off. The fighting in a family, is the family's business, people just don't get involved. I think the judicial system worked all right. No one is guilty until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Heresay and my way, how I wanted it to be just don't sway a judicial system. I just hope the teacher sells out an d leaves Jackson, gets a new life somewhere with the children.There ws never a question of her being a good mother, it wasn't her out crappin around gettin in trouble, if he had been a responsible man he would have been home with his wife and his kids doin the things families do...I don't think he took on saint hood after he got shot,people who go lookin for trouble, generally find it.
sweetpea26

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Dakita In Japan wrote:
I fill that Elicia Hughes is guilty of killing her husband. Because how are you going to be inside of your house and not hear the alarm going off. Anyone if they want can make themselves upset when calling to report a murder. Plus the girlfriend was talking to him while the wife walked in the room. So, that means she was never asleep!!!
If you were listening correctly you would know that she said the alarm was going off then she turned it off right before they called. And just because that girl said he told her she was right there does not mean it was true. She could have said that due to the fact that she wanted her to go to jail because she had the one man she was in love with, which gives her (Robbie) all the reason to want to kill him. IJS
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

How in the hell can you retry a person for murder when they have been proven innocent.

You cannot prosecute a person for what they should have done.

She did\she didn't\she should have,,,,

Let it go. She has children to raise. How many of you ladies out there would have not shot your husband and maybe his ho with him.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Dakita In Japan wrote:
I fill that Elicia Hughes is guilty of killing her husband. Because how are you going to be inside of your house and not hear the alarm going off. Anyone if they want can make themselves upset when calling to report a murder. Plus the girlfriend was talking to him while the wife walked in the room. So, that means she was never asleep!!!
So you live a very sheltered life, I'll bet you believe in the tooth fairy...welcome to the world of immorality and drugs. There are people who can actually drug a whole family, did the police check the refrigerator? We have burgulars that are bold enough to be in your house and search your room with you in it. As far as a wife is concerned, the whore ain't jealous of the wife, but she sure raises hell over another woman.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Miss Prissy wrote:
Arent you afraid this beauty might shoot you in your balls too. SHE IS GUILTY AS HELL! the police just didn't investigate properly. She got away with the perfect murder! For now until she has to answer to God.<quoted text>
Go back to the Bible you so quickly jump on, and read about jealousy and about the wrath of one who has been cheated on. You are dealing with a woman who is educated and basically sensible enough to teach school, educated people think before they do something stupid, I'm sure she didn't know the name of the hohoho or she'd have filed for divorce and everything in its wake, no, mr.loverboy wasn't shot by his wife, he was shot by one of his dealers monkeys, or one of his hohoho's boyfriends, and sure they want to make it look like the wife did it.
You are dealing with the hoho mentality when you look at the murder.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Miss Prissy wrote:
The police investigation screw up and allowed a killer to get away with murder! She will not get away for long because she still has to answer to God! and we all know God works in mysterious ways! As she got away maybe God will allow someone to get away when someone in her family becomes the victim. Ill continue to Google the story on Elicia Hughes for years to come!
Cock and Bull...she is innocent, you can't prosecute on the grounds she should have done it. Leave God out of the equation, He don't like homongers either.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Ivan wrote:
Doesn't everyone notice how the guilty ones ALMOST NEVER show any concern for the victim? Not once did Elicia ever ask, "Who killed my husband?". AShe spent every waking hour trying to absolve herself of the crime, that's it! Her concern was for herself. That doesn't sound like proper behavior for the wife of a husband who was senselessly (and apparently, inexplicably) murdered at the front door of their family home...while the children slept in the home, no less.
Nor did Elicia Hughes EVER express worry or wonder that she could also be a target of the same person/people who killed her husband. if the crime was truly random or committed by someone outside of the home for no explainable reason, that should have been one of her chief concerns. It wasn't. Do you want to know why that is? SHE KILLED HIM!!! Elicia Hughes was clearly guilty, and the police had more evidence against her than they did O.J., Scott Peterson or Casey Anthony.
What bumbling idiots! They let her that overnight bag from the crime scene and dumped the evidence (namely the gun) and bathed the gunshot residue off of her, managing to miss a spot on the back of her hand.
GUILTY-GUILTY-GUILTY...ELICIA HUGHES WAS PURE GUILTY!!!
I'll have to go along with you on one idea, she didn't try to find out who killed her ?????, a woman who has had such a wonderful gift sent her direction should at least try to send somebody a thank you not and a nice card from the Bahamas or somewhere while she's spending her $300,000, but I am totally sure that she appreciates his hoes more than they could know, what's she gonna do, toss a dime between them and their other boyfriends and his dealer to say who dunnit, the butler did it maybe.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Ivan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing that anyone can call Elicia Hughes a "victim". If Brian had killed her for cheating, there would be NO SYMPATHY for him...none. If cheating justifies murder, a lot of women deserve to be killed as well. How do you feel about that?
That door swings both ways. When you put your head in the lions mouth, and you get it took off, don't cry about it, you get what you ask for and sometimes what you deserve. That is a two way street, still say the wife was innocent. I would take a closer look at the relationship to the person or persons who wants her hanged, maybe they had her framed and something went wrong to justify another look at the murder.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Ivan wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, you have no idea how JEALOUS WOMEN WORK, or maybe you're a relative of Elicia Hughes. I am a very hard person to convince of a defendant's guilt, especially black defendants, and I say that anyone with a brain knows she did it. The case was properly sewn up the first time around.
I am black, and I was very offended by the use of a racial issue to free her up. The evidence pointed to her guilt. Again, Brian was shot in the groin. drug cartels shoot people in the head, not the groin.
not if there is a struggle. and more often times a woman doing the hit. It was a particular frame. I'm not related to the wife, I may at one point in my life could have related to her situation. I don't know what black has to do with anything, people are people, maybe you know something you would like to have her hanged. I don't trust you, youre raisin too much suspicion, I would look at you and your relationship to the victim. Are you related to the victim? It's in poor taste for friends to try to hang a friends wife even in a dispute, you don't interfer with a couple fighting. Maybe the old boy had more than women on his gift list.
susie

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Just because the hoho's cell phone was traced to, doesn't mean somebody else wasn't using the phone, like hello, the police wouldn't check the cell calls and track thru towers..what a perfect way to do in somebody, do the popo have any evidence as to what was said on the phone or who said it....
Jane

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Did you see her face when the 'not guilty' verdict was read. She said 'thank you Jesus' and this funny expression crosses her face. Its split second. I believed she was not guilty till i saw that. I am a psychologist and she's guilty as hell.
Where is she now

Brandon, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2014

Has anyone found out where she is now? What is her new last name? Is she teaching in the Jackson metro area?
I don't know if she committed the crime or not but, God knows and if she did her day will come. I am sure all that life insurance money was used to pay for her attorney and other fees.
Patti Justice

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Saturday Jul 5

Elicia Hughes is as innocent as OJ, Casey Anthony, Scott Peterson, and Michael Peterson. And oh yeah, Drew Peterson. That is, as guilty as sin!
Von M

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 21

I've seen this story many times and still feel she got away with MURDER!!!!!!!!!! The fact that there could have been someone else in the house who could have left on foot plus the fact that those 2 children slept through all the chaos is unbelievable. The police didn't do a good job at the scene during the initial night of investigation. She was allowed to pack a bag and leave without being questioned? That was crazy for any investigation. If you believe in Karma, then if she's guilty then she'll pay in the end no matter what. Cheating is never okay but you can always walk away. Life is way too short.$250 thousand isn't enough to commit a murder. I hope someday the real story comes to light.
If this is true, then maybe she let him into the house to wait for Brian? He shot Brian and then left the house? I don't see how any unbiased person can look at this case and not think that this lady had something to do with her husbands death.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Jackson Forum right now

Search the Jackson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 26 min Samuel 18,543
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 4 hr www linkedupchurch com 1,011
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 9 hr OS Resident 1,964
Looking for information.. Jul 22 stephanie 1
Jackson and Surrounding Area Neighborhoods Jul 21 MDR78 1
vacation blah Jul 21 jackson crime 1
Mississippi coach, wife indicted for sex with u... Jul 20 Concerned 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••