Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimon...

Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins

There are 164 comments on the WLBT-TV Jackson story from Nov 7, 2007, titled Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins. In it, WLBT-TV Jackson reports that:

Testimony began in the Elicia Hughes murder retrial in Hinds county court. Hughes is accused in the shooting death of her husband Brian in their Jackson home in the summer of 2004. via WLBT-TV Jackson

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLBT-TV Jackson.

Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#41 Jun 27, 2008
That is a strong possibility since there was no gun found.
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is true, then maybe she let him into the house to wait for Brian? He shot Brian and then left the house? I don't see how any unbiased person can look at this case and not think that this lady had something to do with her husbands death.
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#42 Jun 27, 2008
Based upon your theory, only time will tell.
Dewayne wrote:
Oh My goodness..SHE IS GUILTY AND GOT AWAY WITH MURDER. SHE WILL SUFFER FOR THAT AND WHEN HER EYES CLOSE SHE WILL SEE THE LIFE SHE TOOK. MUDERING DEVIL
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#43 Jun 27, 2008
Although a firearm may exist that ejects casings to the left, what are the odds the Hughes owned this particular weapon? Speaking of lefties, and the Gunshot Residue (GSR) that was detected on Mrs. Hughes her left hand, is she left-handed? Or could the GSR have gotten on her left hand after touching the wounds with her right hand and then collapsing her hands together? You know like right palm over the back of the left hand?
Freddie wrote:
In the court case the prosecutors and the firearms expert stated that the 45 only ejected to the right. But the Randall Firearms Company produced a left handed 45 ACP semi automatic pistol that ejected the spent cases to the left. It was a mirror image of Colt 1911A1 45 ACP. The 45 semi automatic pistol produced by the Randall Firearms Company was the Service Model B111 as well as other models. http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/randall...
The police firearms expert should have known this. So a 45 that ejects the cases to the left does exist. That is why the spents cases were found on the left side of the doorway.
Were the boyfriends or husbands of the women Brian Hughes seeing “left handed?” Or were any of his "girlfriends" left handed? Were any of Brian's "associates" left handed?
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#44 Jun 27, 2008
Tonya, I doubt if your suggestion would ever happen because it's almost second nature to anyone, not just police to suspect or rule out the person (s) closest to the victim. For example, when you misplace your keys, you look for the closest place to you first. You don't go looking in your neighbors house, the mall, your job first. You initially look at your surroundings.
Tonya wrote:
I'm so happy for you. This whole investigation was messed up. Detectives should break out of this habit automatically thinking it is the spouse all of time. That mistress seemed very suspect to me, any woman who would date a married man for two years has not moral character. Elisha I hope you find the type of life you deserve for your children. May God bless you.
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#45 Jun 27, 2008
Good Point!! And to add, why didn't the kids wake up? Not even one of them awoke during the whole ordeal. Amazing!!
see her pain wrote:
I agree with the lady. All you had to do was look at her face and you could see the pain in her heart. I am so glad she was found not guilty. Hopefully she will be able to get her children back.
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#46 Jun 27, 2008
I agree, the police on the scene were truly in the way on this scene. Maybe I missed something, but why bring the stretcher in if the victim has expired? The scene should have been better preserved. I wonder if they heard of a camera?
Dakita In Japan wrote:
I fill that Elicia Hughes is guilty of killing her husband. Because how are you going to be inside of your house and not hear the alarm going off. Anyone if they want can make themselves upset when calling to report a murder. Plus the girlfriend was talking to him while the wife walked in the room. So, that means she was never asleep!!!
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#47 Jun 27, 2008
I agree, the police on the scene were truly in the way on this scene. Maybe I missed something, but why bring the stretcher in if the victim has expired? The scene should have been better preserved. I wonder if they heard of a camera?
laura wrote:
Her voice on the tape was enough to clear her, Im just sorry she had to go through all this instead of greiving over her husbands death. And those poor kids trying to live with out mom and dad. the cops really dropped the ball on this one.
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#48 Jun 27, 2008
My apologies for the remark below. It was in response to # 18.
Detective Baden Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#49 Jun 27, 2008
If the kids were drugged, I'm sure there are tests available to determine and detect. The question is, were there any tests performed?
Robyn wrote:
Did they ever bring up that the kids at any time did not wake up and that they were like zombies
maybe she did drug the kiids and kill her husband? But now she is 300,000$ richer and if she did get away with muder well then she is off the hook and I say good for her
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#50 Jun 27, 2008
I don't believe you will ever live to see someone arrested or punished for cheating on their spouse in the US, unless they are in the military. However, I believe there may be room for a civil suit for being a home and family wrecker. That's better in my opinion.
Roni wrote:
I agree with the individual that says people who committ adultry should be arrested; both parties. I think this would help decrease the number of crimes of passion and also let the public see the nature of those who are committing the act(SIN)
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#51 Jun 27, 2008
I don't believe you will ever live to see someone arrested or punished for cheating on their spouse in the US, unless they are in the military. However, I believe there may be room for a civil suit for being a home and family wrecker. That's better in my opinion.
Rosa Ramirez Florida wrote:
ALRIGHT, I knew those cops screwed up big time!!!!!!!! I would like for them to make a law against those who go out with married man.
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#52 Jun 27, 2008
No, they didn't find a gun. However, ask yourself this question. Do you speed when driving? Just because the police didn't see you, does this mean you didn't speed? I believe the police mishandled the scene so badly, the only way now to determine guilt or innocence, although double jeopardy has attached, is for the perpetrator to confesses.
robert wrote:
Did they find a gun?
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#53 Jun 27, 2008
Far fetched imagination. The fact is, no one came by their home un-announced. This has been stipulated by a number of people. He didn't let his father in when he came by without calling. Also, since his wife is waiting up for him, I have to believe she would have seen this lady outside the house.
Rosa Ramirez Florida wrote:
What is to say that Robby didn't found out about the 2nd mistress and Roby was actually parked near his home and talking with him on her cell while she was waiting for him to get home in her car, approached him and seen him with the Wendy bag he must of told her to wait went inside placed the wendy's bag in the den went back outside that's when she confronted him about the 2nd lover she pulled the gun shot twice and he opened the door ran to the leaving room and she went after him and kill him.
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#54 Jun 27, 2008
Good point!!
willie lee wrote:
what about the skid marks? were they tested to see who's car they belong to.
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#55 Jun 27, 2008
Knowing only the nickname is possible. For instance, after work you asked me for a ride, but I have to stop by a friend of mine's house. Once there, I introduce you to him or her by nickname. Heck, I may only know you by nickname. See, it is possible.

Double life, doesn't eliminate anyone. It only adds to the pool of suspects.
sha wrote:
I do not believe that hughes is guilty because her husband lived a double life which means he had two other women as well as he had a secrete drug issue. Whether the drug is weed or cocaine,drugs is drugs. Who knows he could have owed someone drug money or one of his "women" men could followed him home. The evidence is not leading to Elisha.
They need to Question his brother some more. I think he may know more that what he says. Ex: How is it that the victim and his brother went to a person's house and he only knew the guy's name by his nickname? I dont think professional men associate that way. atleast know the first name. Things that make say hummmmm.
May God Be with Elisha
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#56 Jun 27, 2008
If the alarm company waits until the alarm ceases before they call the home owner, I would suggest finding another monitoring company.
Bettye Shipman wrote:
When the burgler alarm went off, she may have meant that it 'stopped alarming' because that's when the company called her on the phone. Isn't that possible?
I love your show and have been watching since (1990 or 1992)or whichever date you first aired..
Keep up the good work!
Bettye - Corinth, MS
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#57 Jun 27, 2008
Does anyone know Elicia Monique Hughes maiden name or anything about her family? I didn't see much, if any of her family on the show. For instance, there was only a mention of her step-father who is a Pharmacist. I didn't hear any mention of any brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, nieces, friends, co-workers. Even when found not guilty, no one but her attorneys were comforting her. Other than the attorneys, I didn't see anyone from the courtroom come to congratulate her. Really bizarre!!!!
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#58 Jun 27, 2008
I'm not sure where the rollers in the hair comes from, or its importance in this case. I have to sleep on that one - pardon the pun.

However, I don't think men typically shoot men in the groin purposely. It's a man thing. I can say, I wont do it purposely.
Bettye Shipman wrote:
I have slept with rollers in my hair many times, and I get up with them same was as I went to sleep.
Also, about being shot in the groin area, wouldn't a man (husband or jealous lover) be subject to shoot another man in the same area?
Thanks for all the entertainment!!!
She is not guilty!!!!
Detective Baden Lee

New York, NY

#59 Jun 27, 2008
Please explain. Who's cooking? Are you for guilty or not guilty? Something happened here and someone is dead as a result.
lee wrote:
A crock of bulls!t..
Pissed

United States

#60 Jun 29, 2008
Elicia got away with murder. So much informaition has been left off of the dateline show. I personally had the opportunity to sit through both trials. They did their best to bash Brian, but the facts just didn't add up to him killing himself. By three neighbor accounts of the night, no cars, or people left that house. They also stated that no lights were on at the front of that house. For Elicia to step over shell casings, in the dark. Feel Brian's back and determin the wet feel was blood in the dark is just a crock. God will judge her now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Captain Thomas 21,266
News Boycotts, protests to greet Trump on Mississipp... 6 hr Marcavage s Emission 5
Ms Museum BiCentinal was all about NEGROS 19 hr CALHOON 1
News With Trump, some African Americans to skip Miss... 22 hr Vin 9
The Honorable Chokwe Antar Lumumba, Esq.? Fri calhoon 1
Mercy House Adult & Teen Challenge of Georgetown Dec 5 calhoon 2
Mohammedan living in your neighborhood ? Dec 2 Calhoon 1

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages