Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins

Nov 7, 2007 Full story: WLBT-TV Jackson 134

Testimony began in the Elicia Hughes murder retrial in Hinds county court. Hughes is accused in the shooting death of her husband Brian in their Jackson home in the summer of 2004. via WLBT-TV Jackson

Full Story
jaye smooth

Boston, MA

#21 Jun 22, 2008
she is so beautiful i would love to make her my wife if i could contact her. there's a $1000 bonus for a phone number or something
good

San Antonio, TX

#22 Jun 22, 2008
she wasn't guilty, but personally if my husband had been cheating on me i would have killed him. He deserved what he got, but i don't think his wife was the one that gave it to him.
Jaketta Franks

Gainesville, GA

#23 Jun 22, 2008
I feel Elicia Hughes is guilty, the gun residue on the back of her hands unexplained. I looked in her face and I didn't see hurt or pain. Elicia had family members on the police force, father was a pharmacist and the kicker was she never commented or expressed how she felt about her husband cheating. A cheating husband does not constitute death. Elicia should have divorced Brian and hit him where it hurts his wallet. Please people don't forget the $250,000 dollars I'm sure she's laughing about everytime she looks at her bank account. Brian needs to haunt her for the rest of her natural life....Elicia got a way with cold blooded murder...Fellas beware or don't cheat on her
Lost Hope

AOL

#24 Jun 22, 2008
My question is who else had Brian Hughes insured? Interesting that two years later Robbie Rayfod buys a house with another guy, hmmmmmmmm
Lost Hope

AOL

#25 Jun 22, 2008
Who else had Brian Hughes insured? Interesting two years later Robbie Rayford buys a house with another man. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
You REAP what you SOW

Columbus, OH

#26 Jun 23, 2008
This should be a lesson for anyone who cheats on their spouse, I do not believe Elicia committed this crime, I say look at the brother, the two women he was cheating with and also the drug dealers, you know what goes around comes around, and sorry Brian had to pay with his life, but with his lifestyle he could have gave his wife a disease that she could have paid for the rest of her life. I say Elicia continue to keep your head up, I am glad you were found not guilty, I will continue to pray for you and your children. I say leave Mississippi and start a new life. God has given you another chance take it and bless someone else.
Tonya

Brooklyn, NY

#27 Jun 23, 2008
I'm so happy for you. This whole investigation was messed up. Detectives should break out of this habit automatically thinking it is the spouse all of time. That mistress seemed very suspect to me, any woman who would date a married man for two years has not moral character. Elisha I hope you find the type of life you deserve for your children. May God bless you.
Freddie

Scottsdale, AZ

#28 Jun 23, 2008
In the court case the prosecutors and the firearms expert stated that the 45 only ejected to the right. But the Randall Firearms Company produced a left handed 45 ACP semi automatic pistol that ejected the spent cases to the left. It was a mirror image of Colt 1911A1 45 ACP. The 45 semi automatic pistol produced by the Randall Firearms Company was the Service Model B111 as well as other models. http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/randall...
The police firearms expert should have known this. So a 45 that ejects the cases to the left does exist. That is why the spents cases were found on the left side of the doorway.

Were the boyfriends or husbands of the women Brian Hughes seeing “left handed?” Or were any of his "girlfriends" left handed? Were any of Brian's "associates" left handed?
NotPsychic

Monroe, LA

#29 Jun 23, 2008
But I think she did it. Something doesn't seem right. I pray she repents if she did and hopefully he'll handle the rest.
christa

Pontiac, MI

#30 Jun 23, 2008
Everyone keep saying How This and How That. But when you get woke up from shots and alarm you are startled. Apparently no one knew the cheater. But the girlfriend and she had the most motive.
calif

United States

#31 Jun 23, 2008
Im so happy for Mrs. Hughes, I know in my heart she didnt kill her husband, but I do think someone was there with him, maybe thay need to look more into an angry husband or boyfriend of one of the women he was fooling around with..
demley

Blackburn, UK

#32 Jun 23, 2008
please check out demley practcing singing comment and rate please and suscribe more videos comin soon www.youtube.com/demley1
Tasha

Byram, MS

#33 Jun 23, 2008
Ok I was just told today by 2 people that know Her that she has since remarried ( A police detective) and has a child by him & they they built a big house. I just wonder why this wasn't brought out. I heard that she was dating this guy when Brian was murdered. this sure explains a lot. I just wonder why no one mentioned any of this on Dateline when they said Elicia still goes by her maiden name.This woman & her new husband together got away with murder & I am out raged.
Facts

Las Vegas, NV

#34 Jun 24, 2008
I think her story combined with the facts was enough to find her quilty. You seem to think just as the second jury did, you are thinking about how to change the facts into something that could make her case look better. Cheater and/or drug user, it doesn't make it right for her to kill him. If she didn't do it then which daughter did? THE TWO OR THE FOUR YEAR OLD!!!!!
Bettye Shipman wrote:
When the burgler alarm went off, she may have meant that it 'stopped alarming' because that's when the company called her on the phone. Isn't that possible?
I love your show and have been watching since (1990 or 1992)or whichever date you first aired..
Keep up the good work!
Bettye - Corinth, MS
Facts

Las Vegas, NV

#35 Jun 24, 2008
Too bad for the Hughes Family. Too bad that no one picked apart the story of the neighbor that heard the car driving off after the gun shot. Where was she during the first trial? What makes her anymore credible than the girlfriend that changed her story. A LIAR IS A LIAR!!
Facts

Las Vegas, NV

#36 Jun 24, 2008
Tasha wrote:
Ok I was just told today by 2 people that know Her that she has since remarried ( A police detective) and has a child by him & they they built a big house. I just wonder why this wasn't brought out. I heard that she was dating this guy when Brian was murdered. this sure explains a lot. I just wonder why no one mentioned any of this on Dateline when they said Elicia still goes by her maiden name.This woman & her new husband together got away with murder & I am out raged.
If this is true, then maybe she let him into the house to wait for Brian? He shot Brian and then left the house? I don't see how any unbiased person can look at this case and not think that this lady had something to do with her husbands death.
cleveland

Cleveland, OH

#37 Jun 24, 2008
I have never seen the righteous forsaken nor his seed begging bread. You know, one thing I obeserved is that she does did not look like she killed someone. Not because of her looks as the prosecution kept saying. But she does not look like a person with a guilty conscience. You might be able to keep a game face for a while but eventually the guilt should eat you up. Example, look at pictures of O.J. now and pictures before his wife was murdered. Something is eating him up on the inside that is visible on the outside. I do not see that with Elicia.
Dewayne

Memphis, TN

#38 Jun 25, 2008
Oh My goodness..SHE IS GUILTY AND GOT AWAY WITH MURDER. SHE WILL SUFFER FOR THAT AND WHEN HER EYES CLOSE SHE WILL SEE THE LIFE SHE TOOK. MUDERING DEVIL
BRUCE

Memphis, TN

#39 Jun 25, 2008
JUST BECAUSE HE CHEATED DID NOT GIVE A RIGHT TO KILL HIM. SHE CHOSE TO STAY WITH HIM AND BY STAYING WITH HIM SHE WAS OKAING THE FACT THAT HE WAS SCREWING OTHER PEOPLE. SHE TOOK THE LIFE OF HER HUSBAND AND SOMEONES SON, BROTHER AND FATHER. MAY HER SOUL BURN IN HELL. EVIL WITCH
holla

Ormond Beach, FL

#40 Jun 27, 2008
Be nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Cry Baby 19,374
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) 23 hr Geoscientist 1,990
Why the Left Should Look to Jackson, Mississippi Sun Swedenforever 2
Flooding in areas of Central Mississippi Oct 15 ACE MILNER 1
Tea party leader arrested in Miss. Senate race ... Oct 15 Swedenforever 27
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Oct 8 CurtainsCoverEmpt... 1,101
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For (Dec '13) Oct 4 Dan the man 49
Jackson Dating
Find my Match

Jackson Jobs

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson