Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins

Nov 7, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WLBT-TV Jackson

Testimony began in the Elicia Hughes murder retrial in Hinds county court. Hughes is accused in the shooting death of her husband Brian in their Jackson home in the summer of 2004. via WLBT-TV Jackson

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of133
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lee

Suffolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2008

Judged:

A crock of bulls!t..
Bettye Shipman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Judged:

I have slept with rollers in my hair many times, and I get up with them same was as I went to sleep.
Also, about being shot in the groin area, wouldn't a man (husband or jealous lover) be subject to shoot another man in the same area?
Thanks for all the entertainment!!!
She is not guilty!!!!
Bettye Shipman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

When the burgler alarm went off, she may have meant that it 'stopped alarming' because that's when the company called her on the phone. Isn't that possible?
I love your show and have been watching since (1990 or 1992)or whichever date you first aired..
Keep up the good work!
Bettye - Corinth, MS
sha

New Orleans, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

I do not believe that hughes is guilty because her husband lived a double life which means he had two other women as well as he had a secrete drug issue. Whether the drug is weed or cocaine,drugs is drugs. Who knows he could have owed someone drug money or one of his "women" men could followed him home. The evidence is not leading to Elisha.
They need to Question his brother some more. I think he may know more that what he says. Ex: How is it that the victim and his brother went to a person's house and he only knew the guy's name by his nickname? I dont think professional men associate that way. atleast know the first name. Things that make say hummmmm.
May God Be with Elisha
willie lee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

what about the skid marks? were they tested to see who's car they belong to.
andrea

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

I think the police and investigators are ametuers and made some big boo boos!! they were not professional at all!! did she here gunshots first, or the alarm. there are also some things that weigh against elicia! but all evedience are just not there and it is the fault of the unprofessional jackson or hinds county police department. he deserves hurt for cheating like that, but not death!! if she did it only GOD can judge her now! she sould have just left, guilty or not!!! children or no children. if an intruder did it where is he!!! too many people and too much dna on scene to tell who. AGAIN fault of police for allowing soooo many people on scene!!! so elicia thank the department for getting you off!! not your attorney!
Rosa Ramirez Florida

Belle Glade, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

What is to say that Robby didn't found out about the 2nd mistress and Roby was actually parked near his home and talking with him on her cell while she was waiting for him to get home in her car, approached him and seen him with the Wendy bag he must of told her to wait went inside placed the wendy's bag in the den went back outside that's when she confronted him about the 2nd lover she pulled the gun shot twice and he opened the door ran to the leaving room and she went after him and kill him.
Rosa Ramirez Florida

Belle Glade, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Why would the state attorney believe a mistress of 2 years instead of the wife, If he was seeing her that long she had to off gotten the picture he wasn't going to leave his wife for her dumb ass.
robert

Anoka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Did they find a gun?
EDice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Judged:

Elicia Hughes has been found NOT GUILTY its official
Rosa Ramirez Florida

Belle Glade, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Judged:

ALRIGHT, I knew those cops screwed up big time!!!!!!!! I would like for them to make a law against those who go out with married man.
Nikki Magraff

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

I searched up information pertaining to the case as well as looked up this Robbie Rayford chick. And she was in love with Brian Hughes. Any woman dealing with a married man and accepting the double life for as long as she did meant that she was emotionally attached to him and that she was waiting on him to leave his home. And that meant she was jealous. She is still mourning over his death. So when she said she told him to not leave his wife. As a woman i dont believe that BS. Because she went through the emotional stress of dealing with him going back and forth. And to find out about another mistress was more reason. He died in 2004. Robbie is still missing Brian. And she has even married since then. So she cant say she did not love this man. Because she has a myspace page. As for Elicia. I saw the pain in her eyes. She didnt murder her husband. Do i believe in temporary insanity? OF COURSE. But i also believe in the look on someones face when they are hurting for many reasons. She no longer has a husband. She no longer has a career as a school teacher. She no longer has a father for those children. and most importantly she has a lot of people who dislike her now. WOW! God bless her is all i can say
Roni

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Judged:

I agree with the individual that says people who committ adultry should be arrested; both parties. I think this would help decrease the number of crimes of passion and also let the public see the nature of those who are committing the act(SIN)
Cynthia

Dillon, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Judged:

Elicia were the wrong woman on trail. I see this case as a disappoint mistress who wanted her lover to leave his wife. Most women know that a man with a wife like Elicia will not leave his wife and children for a woman like Robin. The investigator were barking up the wrong street. They should have question the brother and Robin in more detail. Which I believe the brother knows more than he is saying and the mistress (Robin) had more motive than Elicia to murder her lover Brian. God was with Elicia giving her a second chance, because she is did not murder her husband.

Cynthia/S.C.
Cynthia

Dillon, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

Cynthia wrote:
Elicia were the wrong woman on trail. I see this case as a disappoint mistress who wanted her lover to leave his wife. Most women know that a man with a wife like Elicia will not leave his wife and children for a woman like Robin. The investigator were barking up the wrong street. They should have question the brother and Robin in more detail. Which I believe the brother knows more than he is saying and the mistress (Robin) had more motive than Elicia to murder her lover Brian. God was with Elicia giving her a second chance, because she is did not murder her husband.
Cynthia/S.C.
Robin did testify that she were Brian soul mate.
vickie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2008

I do not believe this woman is guilty of the death of her husband. This Robbie person had just as much reason as anyone to kill him, and what kind of brother does he have to codone this affair.The police got it wrong as usural thank god she did not get convicted on the word of the mistress.
Robyn

Mount Vernon, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

Judged:

Did they ever bring up that the kids at any time did not wake up and that they were like zombies
maybe she did drug the kiids and kill her husband? But now she is 300,000$ richer and if she did get away with muder well then she is off the hook and I say good for her
laura

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

Judged:

Her voice on the tape was enough to clear her, Im just sorry she had to go through all this instead of greiving over her husbands death. And those poor kids trying to live with out mom and dad. the cops really dropped the ball on this one.
Dakita In Japan

Fpo, AP

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

Judged:

I fill that Elicia Hughes is guilty of killing her husband. Because how are you going to be inside of your house and not hear the alarm going off. Anyone if they want can make themselves upset when calling to report a murder. Plus the girlfriend was talking to him while the wife walked in the room. So, that means she was never asleep!!!
see her pain

Waltham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

Judged:

I agree with the lady. All you had to do was look at her face and you could see the pain in her heart. I am so glad she was found not guilty. Hopefully she will be able to get her children back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of133
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••