staff of thieves

Goodman, MS

#22 Oct 10, 2006
Frank Spencer wrote:
My name is Frank Spencer and I am the Executive Director of Stewpot. This individual has been making allegations against Stewpot since she first received services about 6 years ago and the city and other organizations that have investigated, have determined them to be unfounded. Stewpot is a ministry that charges nothing for our services and has been voted for the past 4 years, the best non-profit in Jackson. If you have a question, please call me, or the Rev. Cathy Funches. Please pray for the woman making the allegations.
Frank Spencer is a gambling, drinking, un God like creature. Frank you call yourself a Reverend! I see you have a gambling, and drinking problem. Frank Spencer who are you as read in the clarion ledger? I can answer that a drunk, gambler, liar, and a shame to have representing a ministry such as stewpot. LA LA keep your head up, soon and very soon the board will hear about this.
staff of thieves

Goodman, MS

#23 Oct 10, 2006
Mabel Olympia Allen wrote:
My name is Frank Spencer and I am the Executive Director of Stewpot.
Frank Spencer is a blatent liar, the city investigated complaints from approximately nine homeowners who brought a house on Bratton Street, the city determined that Stewpot Community Services did not obtain permits to have the work done on the house and in fact did not use a licensed contractor. Morever Councilman Kenneth Stokes challenged Frank Spencer on the record, that if Frank Spencer thought the houses were in good condition go move in one for a month. Some of the house Kenneth Stokes stated "some of the houses were unfit for a dog" The conclusion the city came up with was that due to the fact the the homeowners had complted the process for purchasing the homes, their could be no intervention on the part of the city.
The theft allegations that were made and are very true several individuals complained to Frank Spencer, and as stated it still goes on today, because he is part of the problem with Stewpot, not the solution.
Mary Thopmson Director of Womens Services did in fact mis-use the HUD-Vouchers which I can prove (name avaiable). I have been informed by a stewpot employee that Stewpot no longer handles the Hud vouchers due to the illegal acts of Mary Thompson.
Hence several women witnessed the stealing of the Cato items.
As for Jere Nash who has a prior convicted for embezzelment, this confirmed by stewpot staff was allowed to mis-handle the Bratton Street project, that had noting to do with the city, That should have been corrected by Frank Spencer, who did exactly what he does all the time nothing.
The city has on record the meeting with the approximately nine homeowners on Bratton St., Frank Spencer, Kenneth Stokes, and Charles Tillman. The information is public record any one can obtain it.
As for the stealing of toys at Christas call KLLM and ask them about the complaints they received, regarding the toys their company purchased for children that they never received.
Frank Spencer apparently can not distinguish between clearing of an allegation, or the situation is beyond the spann of the control by the city, due to the fact that the sale of the homes had went through.
Chief Shirlene Anderson can confirm that the permits were not obtained, therefore no inspections were done. Any one with questions can ask any homeowner on Bratton Street. This is not the complaint of one individual as Frank Spencer would like to mis-lead you to beleive, it is a complaint from several individuals.
Again until Frank Spencer comes to terms with the fact that Stewpot has mis-used the people in which he has sworn to serve Stewpot will continue to do the work of the devil, lie, cheat, and steal.
I will state the the feeding Kitchen ministry offered by Stewpot is a great thing, Frank Spencer Knows for a fact that his previous cook, stole a very large quanity of meat slated for the kitchen and took it to her house, and a daycare operated by her roommate "a Stewpot employee stated this was investigated by the Sheriff's Department, and the cook was terminated".
Frank Spencer you can not fight the truth with lies, and misleading facts. Quit trying to arge with me over this post and get busy purging your agency of the thieves, and deadbeats.
YOU GO GIRL, YOU OPENED A CAN OF REALITY ON FRANK SPENCER, YOU CAN NOT RUN FROM THE TRUTH!
staff of thieves

Goodman, MS

#24 Oct 10, 2006
Frank Spencer wrote:
My name is Frank Spencer and I am the Executive Director of Stewpot. This individual has been making allegations against Stewpot since she first received services about 6 years ago and the city and other organizations that have investigated, have determined them to be unfounded. Stewpot is a ministry that charges nothing for our services and has been voted for the past 4 years, the best non-profit in Jackson. If you have a question, please call me, or the Rev. Cathy Funches. Please pray for the woman making the allegations.
I AM SURE BY YOUR RESPONSE, THAT ALL HER ALLEGATIONS WERE IGNORED, YOU CAN TELL THE LADY KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU SIR NEED PRAYER.
thieves

United States

#25 Oct 10, 2006
someone who cares wrote:
Yolanda kirkland is the last person anyone should point the finger of blame at. She is a wonderful person who is there for the children. There is only one person we should be pointing the finger at that is Frank spencer. We need to come together and send him back to were he came from.
Don't be so blind LA LA knows eacatly what is going on, her silence makes her part of the problem.
The Truth

United States

#26 Oct 10, 2006
Yolanda Kirkland directs the teen program, not the children's program. The incidents in question happened under a children's director who is no longer with the program. Get the facts straight before you drag someones name through the mud. I also know the alleged naysayer. I am not disputing her other accounts, but I know for a fact Yolanda Kirkland, Director of Teen Services, did not steal from teenagers. I was there. I know. She is a God-fearing woman who drives a crappy car, lives in a shoebox, wears "unhip" clothes, and loves the Stewpot kids. She is a remarkable woman who sacrifices herself everyday for the children. This woman who says this has a personal vendetta against Ms. Kirkland. She complains that Yolanda stole, and children were deprived from their Christmas gifts. How many gifts do you think they'll receive this year, after you've run Stewpot's name through the mud? Yes there may be problems, even legal ones, but that is not all Stewpot is about. It changes peoples lives. Gives them hope. God is real and He lives at Stewpot. Satan will never win there. If these people are doing wrong, I am confident in the Lord that justice will be done. Please do not stop giving! This community needs Stewpot, the children need people like Yolanda Kirkland, Teen Director, and Brooke Collins, Children's Director. They give everything, everyday. How dare personal issues interfere with God's will at work. If these alleged people are stealing, then you need to make sure where your donations go. Be hands on! Stewpot doesn't just need money, or food, or Christmas presents. It needs hearts and hands too. Peace & Love to everyone.
Concerned in Lansing

Clarkston, MI

#27 Oct 11, 2006
The Truth wrote:
Yolanda Kirkland directs the teen program, not the children's program. The incidents in question happened under a children's director who is no longer with the program. Get the facts straight before you drag someones name through the mud. I also know the alleged naysayer. I am not disputing her other accounts, but I know for a fact Yolanda Kirkland, Director of Teen Services, did not steal from teenagers. I was there. I know. She is a God-fearing woman who drives a crappy car, lives in a shoebox, wears "unhip" clothes, and loves the Stewpot kids. She is a remarkable woman who sacrifices herself everyday for the children. This woman who says this has a personal vendetta against Ms. Kirkland. She complains that Yolanda stole, and children were deprived from their Christmas gifts. How many gifts do you think they'll receive this year, after you've run Stewpot's name through the mud? Yes there may be problems, even legal ones, but that is not all Stewpot is about. It changes peoples lives. Gives them hope. God is real and He lives at Stewpot. Satan will never win there. If these people are doing wrong, I am confident in the Lord that justice will be done. Please do not stop giving! This community needs Stewpot, the children need people like Yolanda Kirkland, Teen Director, and Brooke Collins, Children's Director. They give everything, everyday. How dare personal issues interfere with God's will at work. If these alleged people are stealing, then you need to make sure where your donations go. Be hands on! Stewpot doesn't just need money, or food, or Christmas presents. It needs hearts and hands too. Peace & Love to everyone.
My sisters had a wonderful Christmas last year (without Stewpot) and they will have a wonderful Christmas this year as well. Christmas is not about receiving gifts, it is about cherishing the life of Jesus Christ and remembering what his birth did for all of mankind. The issue with the gifts an issue of principal, you don't promise children gifts and then when those gifts come in through donations, take them from the bags of the children they were meant for, and give them to other children. That behavior is not of God.

The complaints are legitimate, and anyone who deals with Stewpot, whether they will admit it or not, knows all too well the truth of the matter.
Danny Simmons

Goodman, MS

#30 Oct 11, 2006
The Truth wrote:
Why are you focused on the lady making the allegations, you should put your energy into why there is so much theft. I will not donate again.
someone who knows

Lubbock, TX

#31 Oct 11, 2006
The people slandering La La ought to be ashamed of theirselves. Why are they over looking the ones that are responsible? The ones who are slandering La La need to look At the situation for what it really is. Anytime an employee at stewpot trys to do the write thing Frank Spencers reaction is "You do need your job don't you?"He also says Any employee who owns a house on Bratton st is told not to get involved with Mabel/acorn if they value their jobs. Some have since then quit their jobs. The ones people should be looking at Mary Thompson, Jackie Jones, Jewrel Crissler and some of the part time staff in the shelters along with several employees at stewpot. Frank Spencer has no idea how to be a god fearing christian man that he proclaims himself to be. Mary Thompson involves her own mother in the deception going on at stewpot. she steals candies among other things to give her mother to sell to neighborhood children in their community. Not only are they stealing from stewpot they also steal from orginations like food network. And I could go on and on but you now have a basic idea. so before you point a finger at La La remember that Mary Thompsons designated job at stewpot is over all donations any thing that comes to stewpot by donation Mary Thopmson makes all the decisions as to were the donations go. She also has many garage sales a year at the cost of the loving donations from the community. So give La La a brake and remember her job is in jepordy and the children love and need La La their. Without her they would be runnig the sreets. She gives them hope. This will all come out in the wash!!!!!!!!!!
Concerned in Lansing

Clarkston, MI

#32 Oct 11, 2006
The Truth wrote:
The people who are running Stewpot's name through the mud are not the one's complaining about the wrongdoings that occur in that organization. The people running Stewpots name through the mud are the one that are running the organization in an un-Godly manner. Frank Spencer, and those like him, is the person guilty of running StewPots name in the mud so lets place the blame where it needs to be. Attacking the one person willing to stand up and say enough is enough, is like telling the public that you don't want to hear about anything bad happening at StewPot if it doesn't directly affect you and you don't care that children are being hurt by the theft that is going on there.

I'd bet money on the fact that if the people running Stewpot were white, and they were the ones doing all the stealing black people would quickly ban together to have the issue dealt with. Don't back down from the wrong doings of this organization simply because the people committing the offenses are black.

Blame the person who deserves it and deal with him/them accordingly. If Frank Spencer is threatening the job security of anyone involved in the complaints he has to be more ignorant than he has already made himself appear to be. Retaliation is grounds for a serious lawsuit and I don't think he wants that kind of attention on him.

Hasn't he had enough??????????

FYI: God says to fear no man, if doing the right thing gets you fired than you were meant to be fired. Trust God and he will never let you suffer or walk alone!
The Truth

United States

#35 Oct 11, 2006
For those of you who seem think that the staff at Stewpot encourages Mr.Spencer trust me when I say you are dead wrong in your thinking. Mr. Ott is loved and GREATLY MISSED by all.
The Truth

United States

#36 Oct 11, 2006
If the wrong doers are in fact doing wrong and you have proof bring in the authorities becase sitting on this page and writing a blog IS NOT helping Stewpot or the people Stewpot serves. Do your part, Inducta non Verba = Deeds NOT Words
You may ask yourself why one might stay in a job under circumstances that are not desirable? It is because they love what they do!! Now I understand that there may be few who do wron but the number who cherish and vlaue the time they spend at Stewpot would greatly miss the lives they touch at work everyday. So before you tell everyone to leave GET IT RIGHT!!
Concerned in Lansing

Clarkston, MI

#37 Oct 11, 2006
The Truth wrote:
If the wrong doers are in fact doing wrong and you have proof bring in the authorities becase sitting on this page and writing a blog IS NOT helping Stewpot or the people Stewpot serves. Do your part, Inducta non Verba = Deeds NOT Words
You may ask yourself why one might stay in a job under circumstances that are not desirable? It is because they love what they do!! Now I understand that there may be few who do wron but the number who cherish and vlaue the time they spend at Stewpot would greatly miss the lives they touch at work everyday. So before you tell everyone to leave GET IT RIGHT!!
That info was already provided.........hence the problem being that nothing was done!

How much do YOU really know???????
Mabel O Allen

United States

#40 Oct 12, 2006
The Truth wrote:
June 13, 2006
Mabel Olympia Bright
To: Mayor Frank Melton
Members of The Jackson City Council–President Marshand Crisler-Ward 6, Ben Allen-Ward 1,leslie McLemore-Ward 2, Kenneth Stokes-Ward 3,Frank Bluntson-Ward 4, Charles Tillman-Ward 5, Margaret Barrett-Simone-Ward 7.
Re: Stewpot Community Service, Inc.–Bratton Street Project, Chief Operating Officer-Frank Spencer, Jere Nash-Over Bratton St. Project
I Mabel Bright come to you as a citizen of Jackson, and a first time home owner, I request that you investigate Stewpot Community Services, as it relates to violations of the law in regards to the purchase of permits, and inspections being sold/done on homes within the city of Jackson, Mississippi. I purchased a home from the above mentioned agency, while I was renting it during renovations, see attached document. Unfortunately I, along with several single women with children that were first time home owners were taken advantage of. I have personally put thousands of dollars into my home, and unfortunately it will cost thousands more to bring it up to standards. I have seen the ugly aftermath of sheer devastation on the faces of individuals that have purchased homes, that should have been condemned, and other homes have been sold and resold by Stewpot, after the owners realizes they have purchased a house involved in a money-spinner that only benefits Stewpot..
A majority of the houses on Bratton St. Were renovated by Ameal Barnes, at the Direction of Jere Nash. The houses are in poor condition and I do not believe they would have passed inspection. I have checked with Johnnie Daniels over permits for the city and I have been informed that no inspection or permits were purchased/done on my house and several others on the street. I along with other trusting individuals were led to believe by Jere Nash, that he would properly handle all of the paperwork and legalities, when in essence we were being deceived.
It is my hope that you would launch an investigation into the unethical and illegal practices of Stewpot Community Services, Inc. so that other unsuspecting individuals will not fall victim to such an egregious practice.
Respectfully,

Clarkston, MI

#41 Oct 12, 2006
Mabel O Allen wrote:
<quoted text>June 13, 2006
Mabel Olympia Bright
To: Mayor Frank Melton
Members of The Jackson City Council–President Marshand Crisler-Ward 6, Ben Allen-Ward 1,leslie McLemore-Ward 2, Kenneth Stokes-Ward 3,Frank Bluntson-Ward 4, Charles Tillman-Ward 5, Margaret Barrett-Simone-Ward 7.
Re: Stewpot Community Service, Inc.–Bratton Street Project, Chief Operating Officer-Frank Spencer, Jere Nash-Over Bratton St. Project
I Mabel Bright come to you as a citizen of Jackson, and a first time home owner, I request that you investigate Stewpot Community Services, as it relates to violations of the law in regards to the purchase of permits, and inspections being sold/done on homes within the city of Jackson, Mississippi. I purchased a home from the above mentioned agency, while I was renting it during renovations, see attached document. Unfortunately I, along with several single women with children that were first time home owners were taken advantage of. I have personally put thousands of dollars into my home, and unfortunately it will cost thousands more to bring it up to standards. I have seen the ugly aftermath of sheer devastation on the faces of individuals that have purchased homes, that should have been condemned, and other homes have been sold and resold by Stewpot, after the owners realizes they have purchased a house involved in a money-spinner that only benefits Stewpot..
A majority of the houses on Bratton St. Were renovated by Ameal Barnes, at the Direction of Jere Nash. The houses are in poor condition and I do not believe they would have passed inspection. I have checked with Johnnie Daniels over permits for the city and I have been informed that no inspection or permits were purchased/done on my house and several others on the street. I along with other trusting individuals were led to believe by Jere Nash, that he would properly handle all of the paperwork and legalities, when in essence we were being deceived.
It is my hope that you would launch an investigation into the unethical and illegal practices of Stewpot Community Services, Inc. so that other unsuspecting individuals will not fall victim to such an egregious practice.
Respectfully,

Clarkston, MI

#42 Oct 12, 2006
Anybody with any doubt that allegations raised against Stewpot were reported should take heed to this letter and it's date.
george barnes

Madison, MS

#43 Oct 12, 2006
what is the trouble with stew pot
Concerned in Lansing

Clarkston, MI

#44 Oct 12, 2006
george barnes wrote:
what is the trouble with stew pot
How much time do you have??????
someone who knows

Lubbock, TX

#47 Oct 13, 2006
It is about time that the people start taking action and start rebuilding stewpot.GET RID OF FRANK SPENCER!!!!!!!!!!
GET RID OF MARY THOPMSON!!!!!!!!!!GET RID OF JEWEL CRISSLER!!!!!!!!!!GET RID OF JACKIE JONES!!!!!!!!!!GET RID OF BROOKE LOGAN SPOILED LITTLE SNOT DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE ONE BUT HERSELF!!!!!!!!!!AND ALL THE OTHER LOW LIFE INDIVIDUALS THAT ONLY WORK FOR STEWPOT TO BENNIFIT THEIRSELVES!!!!!!!!!!
Kelli

Baton Rouge, LA

#51 Oct 16, 2006
Are these all written by the same person? I know people who have worked with Stewpot on several occasions, and I've heard no complaints.
Kelli

Baton Rouge, LA

#52 Oct 16, 2006
I don't know why that last post says I'm from Prairieville. I've never even been to Prairieville. I'm from Jackson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) 3 hr Murk 1,084
halloween fun 8 hr Angry elf 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Chuck 19,285
Review: Grace And Mercy Personal Care And Respi... Sep 26 Lars Megler 1
ABC channel 3 Sep 23 jules 2
Madison County School District sued after disci... Sep 23 Andie 1
afraid 2 date (Feb '14) Sep 22 Uh huh 5

Jackson Jobs

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE