United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2006

Judged:

Stewpot Community Services is located at 1100 Capitol St. Jackson, Mississippi 39203. The organization operates with seventeen ministries, and is a faith based non-profit.
I can tell you from experience and inside knowledge that members of this organization routinely steal money and material donations that are slated for the poor.
I observed Mary Thompson Director of Women Services, receive new clothing, shoes and acessories from Cato a store in Jackson, Mississippi. The items were to be donated to the transitional shelter for women and children. However when the represenatives for cato left, Mary Thompson divided the items up between herself, and her stewpot staff, that women and children were not allowed access to the items.
Mary Thompson also created six dummy files for the transitional shelter, one file belonged to a friend of hers. The six women that actually stayed in the shelter were supposed to get Hud vouchers after completing a ninety day stay. Mary Thompson insted gave the vouchers to close friends of hers, not the women in the shelter. Several calls were made to the HUD office on behalf of the women that were overlooked, who actually stayed in the shelter, and eventually Hud determined that they were entitiled to vouchers. Mary Thompson continues to work for stewpot.
Yoland Kirkland Director of childrens services, has systematicaly stood by as toys/clothing/shoes, and necessities donated by organizations and members of the public for children for christmas, are stolen by her staff members, year after year.
Jere Nash who once served as Chief Operating Officer for stewpot, has mis-appropiated funds slated for home rennovations, on the Stewpot Bratton Street Project. The homes were sold to women of low-income, and they were promised that the houses would be rennovated, and brought up to code standards. The houses were not worked on by a liscensed contractor, and none of them were inspected by the city of Jackson's Code Enforcement Department, I learned this after Chief Shirlene Anderson had code enforcement check into it. It was revealed that stewpot did not apply for permits, and never had the houses inspected prior to sale. The homeowners of Bratton St. are having serious electrical problems, shifting foundations, problems with plumbing, and several more problems that were not fixed.
Frank Spencer is the current Chief Operating Officer, and all of this information has been brought to his attention, of which he promptly dismissed, and continues to employ the same individuals that are stealing in the name of GOD.
Luther Ott, the former CEO of Stewpot Community Services, ran an efficient and honorable organization, unfortunately after his departure the devil has been allowed to take over the ministry and the alcohol consuming, rude talking Frank Spencer (current CEO) is only after the next donated dollar, and the best interest of the community in which he has sworn to serve comes second after the desires of his staff are fulfilled.
Until Stewpot Community Services weeds out the thieves, and liars it will not prosper, I ask you is this the organization you want to be in control of your donated money, clothing, and other items?
Stewpot Community Services can be an effective ministry, voice your concerns and opinion's. I want to see if the public can urge Stewpot to stop the stealing in the name of GOD.
Concerned in Lansing

Clarkston, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2006

Judged:

Wow!
STEWPOT THIEVES

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2006

Judged:

I HAVE DONATED TO STEWPOTS FOOD PANTRY. I WILL NO LONGER DONATE.
Frank Spencer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Judged:

My name is Frank Spencer and I am the Executive Director of Stewpot. This individual has been making allegations against Stewpot since she first received services about 6 years ago and the city and other organizations that have investigated, have determined them to be unfounded. Stewpot is a ministry that charges nothing for our services and has been voted for the past 4 years, the best non-profit in Jackson. If you have a question, please call me, or the Rev. Cathy Funches. Please pray for the woman making the allegations.
Concerned in Lansing

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Judged:

Were the accusations unfounded or were they ignored?

How are you so sure you know who the person is who created this post?

I live way in Michigan and I have heard about the stealing that goes on within your "ministry". What happened to my sisters christmas gifts????

I'll tell you what happened to them, they were stolen by stewpot staff and given out to specific children..that's what happened to them.

What about the condition of the Bratton street homes, I guess she just lied about that to right?

Stewpot has some serious issues to deal with and now you guys are dealing with the right woman to help you (or force you) to make changes to your everyday practices.

Thank you for asking people to pray for her because prayer is universal and knowing that she is covered by God helps me sleep at night knowing that she, and my siblings, is covered by God and the prayers of so many.

On the same accord, I will that you and the entire Stewpot community find it in your hearts to stop stealing in the name of God and take the chances you have been given to make amends for your sins.

FYI:

I wouldn't brag too much about being Stewpot's director, that only tells people that you are at the head of the table filled with items that don't belong to you or your staff. Her allegations may go ignored by the men and women of Jackson, Mississippi, but the only person who really needs to know what is going on has known all along and you can't talk your way out of his judgement.

God Bless and Good Day to All!:)
Mabel Olympia Allen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Judged:

My name is Frank Spencer and I am the Executive Director of Stewpot.
Frank Spencer is a blatent liar, the city investigated complaints from approximately nine homeowners who brought a house on Bratton Street, the city determined that Stewpot Community Services did not obtain permits to have the work done on the house and in fact did not use a licensed contractor. Morever Councilman Kenneth Stokes challenged Frank Spencer on the record, that if Frank Spencer thought the houses were in good condition go move in one for a month. Some of the house Kenneth Stokes stated "some of the houses were unfit for a dog" The conclusion the city came up with was that due to the fact the the homeowners had complted the process for purchasing the homes, their could be no intervention on the part of the city.
The theft allegations that were made and are very true several individuals complained to Frank Spencer, and as stated it still goes on today, because he is part of the problem with Stewpot, not the solution.
Mary Thopmson Director of Womens Services did in fact mis-use the HUD-Vouchers which I can prove (name avaiable). I have been informed by a stewpot employee that Stewpot no longer handles the Hud vouchers due to the illegal acts of Mary Thompson.
Hence several women witnessed the stealing of the Cato items.
As for Jere Nash who has a prior convicted for embezzelment, this confirmed by stewpot staff was allowed to mis-handle the Bratton Street project, that had noting to do with the city, That should have been corrected by Frank Spencer, who did exactly what he does all the time nothing.
The city has on record the meeting with the approximately nine homeowners on Bratton St., Frank Spencer, Kenneth Stokes, and Charles Tillman. The information is public record any one can obtain it.
As for the stealing of toys at Christas call KLLM and ask them about the complaints they received, regarding the toys their company purchased for children that they never received.
Frank Spencer apparently can not distinguish between clearing of an allegation, or the situation is beyond the spann of the control by the city, due to the fact that the sale of the homes had went through.
Chief Shirlene Anderson can confirm that the permits were not obtained, therefore no inspections were done. Any one with questions can ask any homeowner on Bratton Street. This is not the complaint of one individual as Frank Spencer would like to mis-lead you to beleive, it is a complaint from several individuals.
Again until Frank Spencer comes to terms with the fact that Stewpot has mis-used the people in which he has sworn to serve Stewpot will continue to do the work of the devil, lie, cheat, and steal.
I will state the the feeding Kitchen ministry offered by Stewpot is a great thing, Frank Spencer Knows for a fact that his previous cook, stole a very large quanity of meat slated for the kitchen and took it to her house, and a daycare operated by her roommate "a Stewpot employee stated this was investigated by the Sheriff's Department, and the cook was terminated".
Frank Spencer you can not fight the truth with lies, and misleading facts. Quit trying to arge with me over this post and get busy purging your agency of the thieves, and deadbeats.
THE TRUTH HURTS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Judged:

Frank Spencer wrote:
My name is Frank Spencer and I am the Executive Director of Stewpot. This individual has been making allegations against Stewpot since she first received services about 6 years ago and the city and other organizations that have investigated, have determined them to be unfounded. Stewpot is a ministry that charges nothing for our services and has been voted for the past 4 years, the best non-profit in Jackson. If you have a question, please call me, or the Rev. Cathy Funches. Please pray for the woman making the allegations.
I know that stealing goes on in your ministry, and I know you drink a lot. Frank Spencer put the bottle down and quit arguing with the lady, you can not fight the truth with lies. I will pray for you, and stewpot. If you do not have what it takes to clean house leave, and let someone with integrity do the job.
Stewpot Steals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Judged:

Frank Spencer wrote:
Are you referring to the Cathy Funches who dresses like a street walker, Frank Spencer the Bible teaches us that everybody who say LORD, LORD is not saved (YOU ARE A PRIME EXAMPLE OF THAT, WITH YOU DRINKING). Cathy Funches is no better than the rest of your staff, I would not allow her to mentor any child of mine, she wears skirts with slits to her butt, and very questionable clothing. Cathy Funches has seen the Bratton Street houses, and INFORMATION FROM YOUR STAFF, confirmed she tried to sell a family one the should be demolished. So Frank Spencer you say ask who? yeah right. If I were you I would quit while you were embarassed enough, the more you comment, the more the truth will come out.
Stewpot Thieves

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Frank Spencer, seen you on the boat sloppy drunk, gambling, you need Jesus.
concerened friend

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Frank Spencer is a cold hearted alcoholic who is only working for stewpot for his own personal bennifit. He needs to go back to his old job for the govenment were he is allowed to steal, drink, and lie.And for the record Yolanda Kirkland is there for the children not for her own personal bennifit.She can not control what other stewpot staff does that is Franks job. La La keep ya head up girl we love you and we all know your heart is in the write place.
Stewpot Thieves

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

concerened friend wrote:
Frank Spencer is a cold hearted alcoholic who is only working for stewpot for his own personal bennifit. He needs to go back to his old job for the govenment were he is allowed to steal, drink, and lie.And for the record Yolanda Kirkland is there for the children not for her own personal bennifit.She can not control what other stewpot staff does that is Franks job. La La keep ya head up girl we love you and we all know your heart is in the write place.
I agree that LA LA has a good heart, however if the stealing continues to happen year, after year, and the toys, clothing, and other items are in the teen center, LA LA is held accountable because she is the Director of the Children's program. LA LA could distance herself from the stealing by requesting they keep the toy's in another allegedly secured location. As for Frank Spencer several members of Jackson's community has seen him drunk in public, and rude talking his employee's at functions. I agree with you, he should step down, Frank Spencer is a joke that has run out of laughs.
someone who cares

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Frank Spencer has no business working for Stewpot let alone buying a house on Bratton street. Can't he qualify for a loan? Don't he know those houses were meant for people who need help. We know that he will never live in that house. He does not have what it takes. He continues to allow his shelter staff to steal, lie, and not treat their clients as they deserve to be treated. And yes Mary Thompson needs to be replaced with someone who has Stewpots best interest in their heart. She has been allowed to do wrong for many years. She hires people who mistreat the clients and steal all the good donations that people give for the clients. It's you cover for me I'll cover for you. They have people who have been in prison for embezzlement working in offices that money comes into along with donations. Jackie Jones was caught stealing money and her punishment was that she went fron Stewpots office to Matts house office. Nothing was done about it, just moved her to another location.This is all done under the watchfull eyes of God.What do you think he thinks about all that?
someone who cares

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Yolanda kirkland is the last person anyone should point the finger of blame at. She is a wonderful person who is there for the children. There is only one person we should be pointing the finger at that is Frank spencer. We need to come together and send him back to were he came from.
theft is work of devil

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

someone who cares wrote:
Frank Spencer has no business working for Stewpot let alone buying a house on Bratton street. Can't he qualify for a loan? Don't he know those houses were meant for people who need help. We know that he will never live in that house. He does not have what it takes. He continues to allow his shelter staff to steal, lie, and not treat their clients as they deserve to be treated. And yes Mary Thompson needs to be replaced with someone who has Stewpots best interest in their heart. She has been allowed to do wrong for many years. She hires people who mistreat the clients and steal all the good donations that people give for the clients. It's you cover for me I'll cover for you. They have people who have been in prison for embezzlement working in offices that money comes into along with donations. Jackie Jones was caught stealing money and her punishment was that she went fron Stewpots office to Matts house office. Nothing was done about it, just moved her to another location.This is all done under the watchfull eyes of God.What do you think he thinks about all that?
God sit's high, and look's low. Frank Spencer, and his unethical thieves will run stewpot in the ground, unless the board step's in, and revive the ministry.
someone who cares

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

Judged:

You need to talk to Mary Thopson she is over all donations. La La is in and out of the teen center and other employees have access.La La would never in a million years take anything from those children.Those kids are all she lives and works for.You need to point the finger in the write direction. And there deffintaly needs to be some finger pointing.
Stewpot Staff Steals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

someone who cares wrote:
You need to talk to Mary Thopson she is over all donations. La La is in and out of the teen center and other employees have access.La La would never in a million years take anything from those children.Those kids are all she lives and works for.You need to point the finger in the write direction. And there deffintaly needs to be some finger pointing.
Mary Thompson has a lot of demons in, around, and on her. She is very large part of the theft within stewpot. The buddy system goes deep, a lot of them steal and have to cover for each other. Frank Spencer could have came in and cleaned house, but you know what they say, birds of feather flock together.

Frank Spencer should respectfully step aside.
Mabel Olympia Allen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

I can tell that I am not the only one who knows about the mis-doings of Frank Spencer and his gang.
staff steals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2006

someone who cares wrote:
Yolanda kirkland is the last person anyone should point the finger of blame at. She is a wonderful person who is there for the children. There is only one person we should be pointing the finger at that is Frank spencer. We need to come together and send him back to were he came from.
That would be with satan right?
Mark

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2006

Frank Spencer is a compulsive liar and a drunk. Mr. Spencer please step down, and let Stewpot Grow.
theft rampid

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2006

Frank Spencer should step down and take his thieves with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of79
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson Discussions

Search the Jackson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Samuel 17,927
Total Transportation Not Good to Work For 9 hr Brian C 37
Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Tue Derp 1,935
Truth or Rumor: Bishop Keith Butler (Jan '08) Apr 22 let God fight battles 925
jeri lynn gibbs (Apr '10) Apr 19 shocking 7
Review: 2much Modelz LLC (May '13) Apr 18 Erica Norton 2
Debate: Marijuana - Jackson, MS (Aug '10) Apr 17 Zebo 228
•••

Flood Warning for Hinds County was issued at April 24 at 7:43PM CDT