New Jackson football coach

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
football

San Jose, CA

#1 Dec 23, 2011
Brent Eckley, former head coach at Union and Montgomery County, has been named head coach at Jackson High School.
jhs

Sikeston, MO

#2 Dec 23, 2011
Hallelujah! He had a combined record of 62-18 at union and led them to the playoffs for the past 6 seasons
jon

Jackson, MO

#3 Dec 23, 2011
I bet some assistant coaches asses are puckered now
jhsfan

Jackson, MO

#4 Dec 24, 2011
they ought to be
Guest

United States

#5 Dec 24, 2011
Hope gross, McDowell and some others get on board or get off boat and out of the pit
Guest

United States

#6 Dec 24, 2011
Also maybe the jv could actually practice instead of standing around with their thumb up their ass and utilize the umpteen coaches they have.
jhsfan

Jackson, MO

#7 Dec 24, 2011
Guest wrote:
Also maybe the jv could actually practice instead of standing around with their thumb up their ass and utilize the umpteen coaches they have.
so very true
mr t

United States

#8 Dec 25, 2011
This sucks
captain obvious

Sikeston, MO

#9 Dec 25, 2011
mr t wrote:
This sucks
How does this suck?
x fan

Sikeston, MO

#10 Dec 25, 2011
because now the coaches and players wont have a reason to bitch about anything and have to produce or get out. Its about time
captain obvious

Sikeston, MO

#11 Dec 25, 2011
x fan wrote:
because now the coaches and players wont have a reason to bitch about anything and have to produce or get out. Its about time
Yeah, because that made a lot of sense.
mr t

United States

#12 Dec 26, 2011
captain obvious wrote:
<quoted text>How does this suck?
look what his expertise is. Running the spread and no huddle offense. That will not work here. Coach Hitt tried it already. Jackson doesn't have the Speed for the spread.
Orson

United States

#13 Dec 26, 2011
Neither did Union but they still managed to have winning seasons. We need to let the guy show us what he can do. I think the kids will respect him.
captain obvious

Sikeston, MO

#14 Dec 26, 2011
mr t wrote:
<quoted text>look what his expertise is. Running the spread and no huddle offense. That will not work here. Coach Hitt tried it already. Jackson doesn't have the Speed for the spread.
Coach hitt didn't know how to work the spread. He also never opened up the weight room unless it was during school hours. He was just an old fart that had no business being head coach.
Guest

Jackson, MO

#15 Dec 26, 2011
I hope he doesn't listen to all the Jacksonites who THINK they know football because of TRADITION.
JHSFAN

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Dec 26, 2011
captain obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Coach hitt didn't know how to work the spread. He also never opened up the weight room unless it was during school hours. He was just an old fart that had no business being head coach.
The weight room is and has been open all of the time. Any player that is using that as an excuse for not being in the weight room, is just looking for excuses not to train. If they are serious about football they will find a way to train. The football coaches are not the only coaches that open the weightroom. Wrestling, basketball, baseball, track, and cross-country are in there also. If that is not good enough, then there is always the option of taking weight training as a class. Anyone that says the weight room isn't open for them isn't trying very hard.
captain obvious

Sikeston, MO

#17 Dec 26, 2011
JHSFAN wrote:
<quoted text>The weight room is and has been open all of the time. Any player that is using that as an excuse for not being in the weight room, is just looking for excuses not to train. If they are serious about football they will find a way to train. The football coaches are not the only coaches that open the weightroom. Wrestling, basketball, baseball, track, and cross-country are in there also. If that is not good enough, then there is always the option of taking weight training as a class. Anyone that says the weight room isn't open for them isn't trying very hard.
I'm sorry to tell you, but the weight rooms are almost never open after school.
Southern pride

Cape Girardeau, MO

#18 Dec 27, 2011
I wish you the best of luck with your new job. My daughter cheers and dances at JHS
JHSFAN

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Dec 27, 2011
captain obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to tell you, but the weight rooms are almost never open after school.
LOL...I don't know where you are getting your information, but the weight room is actually open every day after school, and several mornings before school also. It might not always be football coaches in there, but the room is open for whoever wants to come in and use it.
curious

Sikeston, MO

#20 Dec 27, 2011
JHSFAN wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...I don't know where you are getting your information, but the weight room is actually open every day after school, and several mornings before school also. It might not always be football coaches in there, but the room is open for whoever wants to come in and use it.
Captain obvious is right. The weight room is not open the majority of the time after school. Ive tried to get a group of friends to go in and lift a couple days a week and the door is always locked with the light off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Jackson, MO (Jul '10) 3 hr Melanie Dow 333
parents and step parents who do drugs with thei... 6 hr guest 5
Any Gay Guys in Jacson? (Feb '11) 16 hr emq 54
bryndan reid?? (Jul '12) Tue bryndan reid 20
Good Local Dentist? Tue mark 10
Courtney Pratt Tue knuckledragger 2
fym Tue Boo Radly 1
Jackson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:58PM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 9:09 PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 4:02 AM
Breaking Down Steelers' Game Plan vs. Chiefs
Bleacher Report 4:24 AM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Breaking Down the Chiefs' Game Plan
NBC Sports 7:45 AM
Steelers want crowd to be loud on Sunday