Jay Purcell for Presiding Commissione...

Jay Purcell for Presiding Commissioner video

Posted in the Jackson Forum

Since: May 10

Jackson, MO

#1 Jul 14, 2010
Jay Purcell for Presiding Commissioner video
County Watcher

Maryland Heights, MO

#2 Jul 17, 2010
Mr. Purcell,

I have been watching what has gone on over at the county and everything points to the need for a different form of governance. The idea of each office being overseen by an elected official that is overpaid compared to other comparable jobs in the private sector, as well as a three-person board that works part-time yet pulls down salaries that are way more than other public board members, while people that are underpaid but underutilized that are employed by the county is a slap in the face to the taxpayers. Too many people have been complacent about how the county has been run. It hasn't been run very well either, for all the money that has been spent. Examples? Easements not being notarized, deeds not being recorded, elected weirdos cutting out paperdolls of Pamela Anderson,then sexual harassment issues being swept under the rug by pressure from the prosecuting attorney that has set up a little kingdom for himself, etc., etc.; where does this all end?

If elected to the position of presiding commissioner, have you decided whom you will select for your current seat? If so, are you willing to announce it prior to the election?

By the way, how has Paul Koeper conducted himself as a commissioner, in your opinion?
Military wife

Scott City, MO

#3 Jul 17, 2010
He won't appoint anyone to his current seat. The Governor will appoint the seat.
County Watcher

Maryland Heights, MO

#4 Jul 17, 2010
Does the governor take recommendations from the current commission members?
County Watcher

Maryland Heights, MO

#5 Jul 17, 2010
Please note our commissioners' salaries far exceed those noted at
http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C000-099/0490...
Mom

Scott City, MO

#6 Jul 17, 2010
I'm sure he does from all area elected officials. And their salaries are ridiculous, that's why we should look into a charter form of government or at least regulate the hours they need to be in the county building. Some haven't gone in except for meetings in a year or more!!

Since: May 10

Jackson, MO

#7 Jul 17, 2010
If I was to be elected our next Presiding Commissioner, the Cape County Democrat committee would have an open interview process and reccomend to the Governor who to appoint. By the way I have advocated that the citizens should consider Charter govt., I have done so full well knowing that if it happened I would lose my job but I am comfortable with that if it cleans this mess up. I even scheduled the leauge of women voters to give a presentation to the county commission and the citizens concerning Charter govt. no surprise but all of your $70,000 plus a year elected officials thinks Charter govt. is a bad idea. Concerning my thoughts on Paul Koeper all I will say is for a year and a half Commissioner Koeper voted 100 % of the time with Gerald Jones, two weeks ago he voted with me on one issue but it took all the media and 60 angry citizens to get Commissioner Koeper to vote against Gerald Jones. I will be posting a part two video in a few days that will blow your mind. Thanks for your interest , Jay Purcell
County Watcher

Maryland Heights, MO

#8 Jul 17, 2010
Mr. Purcell,

You just secured my vote for Presiding County Commissioner. I will be forwarding the link to this topic along with one to your YouTube video. Good luck in your endeavors to make Cape County accountable. There has been too many goofups and loose ends to what should be meticulous paperwork and recordkeeping by all county offices.
Jay Purcell wrote:
If I was to be elected our next Presiding Commissioner, the Cape County Democrat committee would have an open interview process and reccomend to the Governor who to appoint. By the way I have advocated that the citizens should consider Charter govt., I have done so full well knowing that if it happened I would lose my job but I am comfortable with that if it cleans this mess up. I even scheduled the leauge of women voters to give a presentation to the county commission and the citizens concerning Charter govt. no surprise but all of your $70,000 plus a year elected officials thinks Charter govt. is a bad idea. Concerning my thoughts on Paul Koeper all I will say is for a year and a half Commissioner Koeper voted 100 % of the time with Gerald Jones, two weeks ago he voted with me on one issue but it took all the media and 60 angry citizens to get Commissioner Koeper to vote against Gerald Jones. I will be posting a part two video in a few days that will blow your mind. Thanks for your interest , Jay Purcell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
information on an old friend 6 hr Curious 1
Blonde KFVS weather girl 6 hr guest 12
Topix needs more Jesus 6 hr King Solomon 18
Show Me Center 6 hr Guest 3
Customers 8 hr Guest 9
Buccheits in Jackson 8 hr Jakr 13
Poll Brown Bag Video --- Have You Been There ? (Feb '08) 11 hr notfromhere 1,943

Jackson Jobs

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages