First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

United States

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Does anyone know how the jackson school district is? What is it like to work there? Have a friend applying and doesnt know much about it. Anyone out there work there and have any advice or comments?
yup

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Feb 7, 2013
Jackson r2 is all about who you know or who you blow.

Ballwin, MO

#3 Feb 7, 2013
That's the truth too!!! Good luck getting hired!
George

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2013
The best public school in southeast Missouri. Compare scores with other schools the same size and you will find them at the top. Teachers are great. I want my kids to go there.
board member

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Yea, if your a football Coach, we will pay you $75,000.00 a year, you will not have to teach, just coach football. Might give you a company car and pay your insurance. We will give you off mondays if you play on Saturdays and if you ask we will give you anything you want as long as you win, because we put FOOTBALL ahead of anything else here at Jackson.
horrible

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Tell your friend not to walk, but run. Tell them to ask about the high turnover. I taught there for 5 years and it was the worst 5 years of my career. In fact, none of the people I taught with are still teaching in the building I was at. It's a horrible district and I am so glad I work elsewhere!!

Forest Park, IL

#7 Feb 8, 2013
horrible wrote:
Tell your friend not to walk, but run. Tell them to ask about the high turnover. I taught there for 5 years and it was the worst 5 years of my career. In fact, none of the people I taught with are still teaching in the building I was at. It's a horrible district and I am so glad I work elsewhere!!
No you are not bitter!
Unspoken Thoughts

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Feb 9, 2013
I moved from Illinois down here to Southeast Missouri and the schools systems sucks. Horrible was right it's down right horrible. The kids don't learn about anything but Arts and Crafts mostly. (HA) I can back my words up by mostly looking at the drop-out rate of the high schools around here. Never seen so many people who is overly happy about Earning a GED instead of a High School Diploma.
horrible

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Feb 9, 2013
George wrote:
The best public school in southeast Missouri. Compare scores with other schools the same size and you will find them at the top. Teachers are great. I want my kids to go there.
Because they cheat!! I know this for a fact.
guest 2

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Feb 9, 2013
horrible wrote:
<quoted text>Because they cheat!! I know this for a fact.
They might cheat. But the sad part is they're cheating off my kids!!! I have smart kids in Jackson schools. Maybe yours are the ones that have to be "retaught" because they are to stupid to get it the first time.
Student

Jackson, MO

#11 Feb 9, 2013
Guest 2, you are a pampas ass. Some people don't understand everything as good as others. That does not mean their stupid.
guest 2

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Feb 9, 2013
Student wrote:
Guest 2, you are a pampas ass. Some people don't understand everything as good as others. That does not mean their stupid.
You are a prime example. "As good as others" should be "as well as others". You need to be "retaught."
horrible

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 9, 2013
Well guess what? My kids don't go to Jackson schools and never did. I worked there.,

Forest Park, IL

#14 Feb 10, 2013
Student wrote:
No that is what one calls Stupid, Dumba$$
George

United States

#15 Feb 10, 2013
We have a bunch of bitter people on here. The R-2 district is considered the best public school in Southeast Mo. They are known all over the state for high achieving students in all disciplines. The district is a growing district for the last 10 years and continue to be a model for successful public schools. I'm proud to have graduated from there and my kids are a success because of their education from Jackson R-2. Sorry if you are dissatisfied with the school district. Maybe you should look harder look at what you perceive to be a bad district. It might just be you are the problem.
guest 2

United States

#16 Feb 10, 2013
George wrote:
We have a bunch of bitter people on here. The R-2 district is considered the best public school in Southeast Mo. They are known all over the state for high achieving students in all disciplines. The district is a growing district for the last 10 years and continue to be a model for successful public schools. I'm proud to have graduated from there and my kids are a success because of their education from Jackson R-2. Sorry if you are dissatisfied with the school district. Maybe you should look harder look at what you perceive to be a bad district. It might just be you are the problem.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Completely agree!!
guest 2

United States

#17 Feb 10, 2013
horrible wrote:
Well guess what? My kids don't go to Jackson schools and never did. I worked there.,
I work there and thank goodness you don't anymore. Sounds like you are a disgruntled past employee. Jackson is better off without the attitude.
horrible

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Feb 11, 2013
guest 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I work there and thank goodness you don't anymore. Sounds like you are a disgruntled past employee. Jackson is better off without the attitude.
I'm sure you are one of the brown nosers without a backbone, too scared to stand up for what is right. Care to explain the high turn over rate?
Will

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2013
Maybe they only want the best teachers and turnover is what it takes to get that.
amada

Saint Louis, MO

#20 Feb 11, 2013
Will wrote:
Maybe they only want the best teachers and turnover is what it takes to get that.
When are you people gonna learn that Jackson only teaches towards state testing. If you refuse to stay inside those boundaries then you are looked at as a non team player. These are truly the ones trying to make a difference. They just refuse to play the game of state test teaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kim paul mcdowell Thu ... 2
Loud boom in Jackson this morning? Wed Baked cookies 2
Actually, It Should Read: Jackson Save A Lot Cl... Wed joe 5
So jackson hired a new High school principal today Jun 28 Benton Mo Whistle... 13
Scarlett Germaud Jun 28 Guest 4
roundabout (Sep '15) Jun 27 Guest 32
Ceased and desist paper work. Jun 27 Hmmmm 28

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages