Nordenia Job Hiring 50 People?????
So True

United States

#23 Jan 11, 2013
budman wrote:
sucks, pay freezes no raises, always wanting more production less scrap, most of management or morons, head man pat kailen is a total ass.
stay away....
Everything you said is 100% true. There is not a worse place to work within 150 miles. New hires can come in making more than someone that has been there for years because of the wage freezes. Turn over extremely high. People that have not been there long enough to know what they are doing "training" new people. Workers mess up once and are fired, management can screw up repeatedly and just get moved to another postion.
really

Fairfax, VA

#24 Jan 11, 2013
So True wrote:
<quoted text>Everything you said is 100% true. There is not a worse place to work within 150 miles. New hires can come in making more than someone that has been there for years because of the wage freezes. Turn over extremely high. People that have not been there long enough to know what they are doing "training" new people. Workers mess up once and are fired, management can screw up repeatedly and just get moved to another postion.
So someone new can make as much as someone who's been there for years? So how much do they start out for?

United States

#26 Jan 12, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
So someone new can make as much as someone who's been there for years? So how much do they start out for?
Why not call and ask them? First thing you will learn is 99% of the time they don't hire anyone off the street. First you work there through WorkForce and if you can do the brainless, repetative work they do and kiss butt well enough, then they will possibly offer you a job.
Amelia

O Fallon, MO

#27 Jan 16, 2013
So True wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you said is 100% true. There is not a worse place to work within 150 miles. New hires can come in making more than someone that has been there for years because of the wage freezes. Turn over extremely high. People that have not been there long enough to know what they are doing "training" new people. Workers mess up once and are fired, management can screw up repeatedly and just get moved to another postion.
who is the management you're talking about?
Frog

Ballwin, MO

#28 Jan 16, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Why not call and ask them? First thing you will learn is 99% of the time they don't hire anyone off the street. First you work there through WorkForce and if you can do the brainless, repetative work they do and kiss butt well enough, then they will possibly offer you a job.
I got buddy got hire right on not long ago and didn't have to do the workforce gig !
GuestofChest

Arvada, CO

#29 Jan 16, 2013
Hey Frog, just curious what wage he was offered at starting?
Joke

United States

#30 Jan 16, 2013
Amelia wrote:
<quoted text> who is the management you're talking about?
If you work there you know, if you don't what does it matter?
Frog

Ballwin, MO

#31 Jan 16, 2013
GuestofChest wrote:
Hey Frog, just curious what wage he was offered at starting?
Honestly do not know I never have ask him but heard they start you out around $11 or $12 a hour not positive about that thou!
Rire

Chesapeake, OH

#32 Jan 19, 2013
I work for them. By the way, the company name is MONDI. Recently bought by a South African company. Currently, there is a pay freeze on all employees. Pay starts around $11.50/hr. Morale REALLY sucks. Forget about promotions. The good ol boy network has any future promotions locked up for at least the next ten years. Management will not back up the employees and all the machines are held together with duct tape. Insurance there sucks. You can have my job, I'm going somewhere that has it's s&@t together!
jan francis andrew

Chesapeake, OH

#33 Jan 19, 2013
Not bad start out pay.

Chesapeake, OH

#34 Jan 20, 2013
They pay a .55 cents shift differential for every hour work on top of your hourly wage. You get this day or night does not matter unless you work straight days. Then you do not get it.
Across the skreet

Cape Girardeau, MO

#35 Jan 23, 2013
Rire wrote:
I work for them. By the way, the company name is MONDI. Recently bought by a South African company. Currently, there is a pay freeze on all employees. Pay starts around $11.50/hr. Morale REALLY sucks. Forget about promotions. The good ol boy network has any future promotions locked up for at least the next ten years. Management will not back up the employees and all the machines are held together with duct tape. Insurance there sucks. You can have my job, I'm going somewhere that has it's s&@t together!
Based on the folks I know there, most of what you say is spot on, but I'm gonna have to ask about this good ol boy thing. Their insurance is as good as ours, blame Obama for insurance everywhere sucking. The sups are really hoping the wage freeze lifts, it hurts them too. There's still a lot of wondering what or who the new company is going to change, hopefully for the better.
BeenThere

United States

#36 Jan 23, 2013
Mondi job fair in the Southeast Missourian advertising jobs starting at $9.50 an hour. That should tell you a little about how the new owners are going to operate, start out by lowering starting pay. Always was a shithole, always will be.

United States

#37 Jan 23, 2013
Across the skreet wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on the folks I know there, most of what you say is spot on, but I'm gonna have to ask about this good ol boy thing. Their insurance is as good as ours, blame Obama for insurance everywhere sucking. The sups are really hoping the wage freeze lifts, it hurts them too. There's still a lot of wondering what or who the new company is going to change, hopefully for the better.
Blame Obama for lousy health insurance? You are so ignorant. The insurance they are complaining about has been in effect and sucked a lot longer than Obama has been in office. Some can not pass any "oppourtunity" to bash him even when it makes them look like a complete fool when they do it, like you just did.
Across the skreet

Cape Girardeau, MO

#38 Jan 23, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame Obama for lousy health insurance? You are so ignorant. The insurance they are complaining about has been in effect and sucked a lot longer than Obama has been in office. Some can not pass any "oppourtunity" to bash him even when it makes them look like a complete fool when they do it, like you just did.
Rube, stop making kool-aid slushies and do some research. The employee costs at nordenia-mondi were lower than P&G, this was confirmed last October at both company open enrollment meetings. The impact of Obamacare was to raise rates across the board, force qualifications to tier costs and group employees into qualified, non-qualified categories, directly impacting they're cost. This is happening everywhere, at least both companies are keeping the coverage instead of dropping it like many place.

It's not a dig at his holiness, the ACA was his baby, he owns it, criticism and all. Stop looking for boogymen insulting your dear leader.
Whos the Rube

United States

#39 Jan 24, 2013
Across the skreet wrote:
<quoted text>
Rube, stop making kool-aid slushies and do some research. The employee costs at nordenia-mondi were lower than P&G, this was confirmed last October at both company open enrollment meetings. The impact of Obamacare was to raise rates across the board, force qualifications to tier costs and group employees into qualified, non-qualified categories, directly impacting they're cost. This is happening everywhere, at least both companies are keeping the coverage instead of dropping it like many place.
It's not a dig at his holiness, the ACA was his baby, he owns it, criticism and all. Stop looking for boogymen insulting your dear leader.
Show me one group medical plan who's premiums have not gone up every year going back to way before Obamacare was even heard of.
Across the skreet

Lenexa, KS

#40 Jan 25, 2013
Whos the Rube wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one group medical plan who's premiums have not gone up every year going back to way before Obamacare was even heard of.
Increasing costs, yes, all do it, but these across the board increases, the number of medical people who will choose to withdraw, retire or go elsewhere is unprecedented. The program costs, restrictions, penalties and taxes are going to represent decades of mere cost increases in a very short span.

"Everybody does it" didnt work when you were a kid and it aint cutting it now
youaretherube

United States

#41 Jan 25, 2013
Across the skreet wrote:
<quoted text>
Increasing costs, yes, all do it, but these across the board increases, the number of medical people who will choose to withdraw, retire or go elsewhere is unprecedented. The program costs, restrictions, penalties and taxes are going to represent decades of mere cost increases in a very short span.
"Everybody does it" didnt work when you were a kid and it aint cutting it now
Medical people who WILL choose. Blah blah blah that ARE GOING to represent decades of costs increases in a very short span. Another re-pubic-lickin that can predict the future as clear as yesterdays news. We shall see. Why is it the GSA predicts the program will actually save billions in the next decade?
Across the skreet

Cape Girardeau, MO

#42 Jan 25, 2013
youaretherube wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah that

Why is it the GSA predicts the program will actually save billions in the next decade?
CBO says $84 billion in actual vs projected costs over a 10 year period, or about a half a day's worth of govt spending; half a day.

And using the GSA to justify anything? After all their spending hijinks that's come to light? Nah, no thanks
Thief

Chesapeake, OH

#43 Jan 25, 2013
Isn't this the place that lady payroll clerk embezzled almost $800k over 8 years?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deckhand Salary (Aug '15) 17 min Guest 24
Hillary Clinton 2016 (Oct '14) 25 min Guest X 169
News Two area sheriffs face election challenges 29 min Blah 367
Can't buy alcohol at Walmart with your kids there 1 hr Walmart Loses 37
Homecomers 16 hr ... 13
Who is Chris Austin? Thu Willy103 2
Mills barber shop Thu Ray 3

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance