which is harder xc or football !

Cape Girardeau, MO

#110 Nov 13, 2011
ThatOneKid wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, football does involve contact; because it's a contact sport. Yes, in cross country you run; because it's a running sport. But in football, after every play, which usually only takes 5-10 seconds (yes, I've timed some of them), you get a break to regroup and catch your breath. In cross country, once the starting gun is fired, you're not getting a break until you finish the race. So yeah...
But football games are much longer than cross country
ThatOneKid

United States

#111 Nov 14, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
But football games are much longer than cross country
This is true but as I said before, you get more than enough breaks in football. The defense takes a nice rest while the offense plays and vice versa. Most football players don't even play the field the same amount of time it takes to run a 5K race, save maybe one or two star players (maybe).
ThatOneKid

United States

#112 Nov 14, 2011
Everyone is Mad Bro wrote:
Black people dominate in xc and football.
Sorry, but XC isn't really a sport filled with black people that "dominate". Actually, there's not too many black people in XC.
Tyson

Pahrump, NV

#113 Apr 29, 2012
Birkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly redneck/hick, motocross doesn't require that much skill.'Accelerate, brake slightly for turn. Do trick on jump, possibly an impressive one. But probably not. Prepare for next jump. Repeat until event is over'

I would love to see you go and race just one or two laps you wouldn't make it your so god Damn retarded I play both sports you get brakes in football from offence or defense in mx you have to go constantly for 30 mins whipping a 200-250 pound bike around going over a set of whoops gives your forearm and wrist a great workout sometimes after a race your have to massage your forearm to get it off your handle bars cause the muscles hurt so bad to move! So next time your preppy bitch ass thinks football is harder know the facts
haha

Jackson, MO

#114 Apr 29, 2012
after a race your have to massage your forearm to get it off your handle bar
i think that is called masturbation...

“U mad?”

Since: Mar 11

Jackson

#115 Apr 29, 2012
Tyson wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to see you go and race just one or two laps you wouldn't make it your so god Damn retarded I play both sports you get brakes in football from offence or defense in mx you have to go constantly for 30 mins whipping a 200-250 pound bike around going over a set of whoops gives your forearm and wrist a great workout sometimes after a race your have to massage your forearm to get it off your handle bars cause the muscles hurt so bad to move! So next time your preppy bitch ass thinks football is harder know the facts
I never said football was harder. The only sport I can stand is golf, because it requires more thought than any other sport. I'm not mentally challenged, you just couldn't think of a real argument, so you resorted to insults. Tsk tsk.
Billy

Jackson, MO

#116 Apr 29, 2012
Soccer is more difficult than both.
Ziggy

Saint Louis, MO

#117 May 1, 2012
Football players can't read
Lawlz

Dallas, TX

#118 May 1, 2012
Screw sports. Go band.

“U mad?”

Since: Mar 11

Jackson

#119 May 1, 2012
Lawlz wrote:
Screw sports. Go band.
Agreed.
Daniel Rodriguez

Midland, TX

#120 May 7, 2012
Wohh.. wtf? Are you serious? I don't know how many football players I know that can handle the training regime I'm on. Cross country runners don't only run. The smart ones like myself lift weights, and Me in particular, cross train just as much as I run. One of you football players couldn't live a day in my shoes as far as training goes. And the mental aspect is harder in football? Try racing neck and neck with someone thinking about how long you have to go until the race is over, thinking that maybe you could have gotten a medal over someone else. Yeah okay.. But footballs harder right? Okay. Tell me all about it on our 8 mile run.
Chester

Haslet, TX

#121 Jun 16, 2012
Daniel Rodriguez wrote:
Wohh.. wtf? Are you serious? I don't know how many football players I know that can handle the training regime I'm on. Cross country runners don't only run. The smart ones like myself lift weights, and Me in particular, cross train just as much as I run. One of you football players couldn't live a day in my shoes as far as training goes. And the mental aspect is harder in football? Try racing neck and neck with someone thinking about how long you have to go until the race is over, thinking that maybe you could have gotten a medal over someone else. Yeah okay.. But footballs harder right? Okay. Tell me all about it on our 8 mile run.
puss
guest2

Haslet, TX

#122 Jun 17, 2012
Daniel Rodriguez wrote:
you're so full of shit i feel bad for you.
trina

Brooklyn, NY

#123 Oct 16, 2012
[QUOTE who=".."]football![/ QUOTE] XC is much harder even some really tough, strong football players at my school couldnt handle it. Amd our team is the best in the state.
downlow

Cape Girardeau, MO

#124 Oct 16, 2012
Try doin the race and get hit 70 or 80 times. Bet you don't get 50 yards.
downlow

Cape Girardeau, MO

#125 Oct 16, 2012
Which is harder xc or swimming? Better comparison don't you think?
Rod

United States

#126 Oct 29, 2012
Cross country is for people who don't like the weight room.
Troll Alpha

Waterloo, IL

#127 Oct 29, 2012
Rod wrote:
Cross country is for people who don't like the weight room.
and football is for people who don't like vagina.
Patsyann

Oak Park, MI

#128 Dec 1, 2012
As a mother whose son has done all three sports. Football, wrestling, cross country and has done well in all of them, asking him which was harder got several different answers. Football was hard because of memorizing the plays, the physical part was not.He loved the workouts. Wrestling was hard because of the close contact with other guys, the smell, sweat, back acne, body fluids on the mat, ( my son is a clean freak), cross country has been the hardest sport for him so far because it takes so much out of you. He says that it is a horrible feeling like your heart is ready to explode and pain is racking your body as you force it to run the last mile as fast as you can. He's ran under all conditions and in all types of pain. He is now healing from a stress fracture in his tibia. A typical cross country injury.
NCXC

Grand Rapids, MI

#129 Dec 12, 2012
ballistic wrote:
Xc is an individual sport that you can do by yourself. Football is a team sport that takes all 11 people being on the same page, therefore football is harder.
In cross country your top 7 run varsity and 5 of them score for the team, you work together in races, and rely on eachother. In cross country you have 6 other guys depending on you to give it your all. Cross country is a team sport. In football if you have ONE amazing player your team will be successful but not in cross country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
roundabout (Sep '15) 9 hr Guest 26
Homecomers 13 hr jtown 6
Oak Creek Subdivision (May '12) 14 hr Campinman 17
LeGrand Brothers Transmission 15 hr Burnt 1
Heather (Butler) Jones 17 hr ummmmmm 6
Ceased and desist paper work. 22 hr Ab76df 27
Scarlett Germaud Fri Case 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages