Jay Purcell sued over house purchase ...

Jay Purcell sued over house purchase agreement

There are 66 comments on the Southeast Missourian story from Jul 1, 2010, titled Jay Purcell sued over house purchase agreement. In it, Southeast Missourian reports that:

Cape Girardeau County Commissioner Jay Purcell is being sued by a Hawaii woman who tried to buy a Louisiana Avenue house from him last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Southeast Missourian.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Jay is a trouble maker!
Guest 77

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jul 1, 2010
Upanddown, you definitely have an agenda.

Wait til the court case is over, then you may be qualified to express an opinion.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Jul 2, 2010
Guest 77 wrote:
Upanddown, you definitely have an agenda.
Wait til the court case is over, then you may be qualified to express an opinion.
Agenda? No agenda here. My opinion on Jay was formed many years ago. His actions as an Associate Commissioner have really shown how much of a trouble maker he is.
justin

Moberly, MO

#4 Jul 2, 2010
I will vote for Jay Purcell.
please

United States

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Upanddown wrote:
Jay is a trouble maker!
lol no more then the liar jones .
Bell Ranger

Edwardsville, IL

#6 Jul 2, 2010
It's funny how this real estate issue took place last year and just now before the election the law suit is filed.

Does anyone know why the Southeast Missourian has such a hard on for Purcell? It's pretty obvious. Is it is Democratic ties?
WTF

Scott City, MO

#7 Jul 2, 2010
Oh please, jay didn't disclose the place had been condemed! He had ample time to repair it and didn't. He sold the property under false pretense. The buyer was from Hawaii or something? How can he blame that on the good ole boy network. He probably used the money from the insurance policy to pay his back taxes so he could run for commissioner again. A lawsuit takes a while to form. The plaintif had to have all their ducks in a row because they have the burden of proof, not Jay. The man was suspected of setting the place on fire. Does this really surprise anyone? Jones is leaving the commission..we don't have to deal with him anymore. Jay needs to be put out with the garbage also, he is part of the problem not the answer. Open your eyes people, talk to people who has rented from him, talk to former DANA employees, the county workers, he hasn't set foot in his office in months and we pay him 60,000.00 a year to bring up lawsuits, lie to our faces? Grow up cape county and open your eyes!!
john doe

United States

#8 Jul 2, 2010
AMEN WTF!! Well said. All in one nut shell. pun intended. For you DAss (NUT).
voter

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jul 2, 2010
Bell Ranger wrote:
It's funny how this real estate issue took place last year and just now before the election the law suit is filed.
Does anyone know why the Southeast Missourian has such a hard on for Purcell? It's pretty obvious. Is it is Democratic ties?
Ofcourse this came out now to cost him votes.He still has mine.The southeast missourian doesnt like him.Well Mr. Rust you cant controll the election. People in southeast missouri can think for themselves. You go Jay
WTF

Scott City, MO

#10 Jul 2, 2010
Bell Ranger wrote:
Democratic ties? The newspaper? Umm what hole have you been living in...Jay is a union man and quite honestly more Democrat than half the democrats in this area. Hard on Jay? It seems to me Jay makes his life hard on himself..it's a hard way to go not paying your taxes, secretly recording private conversations, being called a lier by a Judge..running slum properties..yep it's the newspapers democratic ties.
WTF

Scott City, MO

#11 Jul 2, 2010
voter wrote:
<quoted text>Ofcourse this came out now to cost him votes.He still has mine.The southeast missourian doesnt like him.Well Mr. Rust you cant controll the election. People in southeast missouri can think for themselves. You go Jay
You go right ahead and keep believing it's all a big conspiracy against poor sad Jay Purcell..do you really want a man in office that hasn't set foot in his office in months? Or leaves his county car unlocked with the keys in it for a week at the farm supply store bc he forgot to pick it up?! Please he is a snake, a lier, a cheat, and a steal..he helped to close DANA, he trashed their offices, he rents slum property..yep he's an ace in the hole there Voter!
Watson

Edwardsville, IL

#12 Jul 2, 2010
WTF.....Please learn how to spell the word "liar" correctly if you intend on calling someone that word. Idiot.
Antiincumbant

United States

#13 Jul 2, 2010
The missourian is in Jones's pocket and Purcell and all the rest aren't any better. They all lie cheat and steal for what they want.

I'll vote ANTI-INCUMBENT, I will not vote for anyone that has held office before at any level of government, they are all crooked bastards. ALL OF THEM.
Producer

Baltimore, MD

#14 Jul 2, 2010
WTF, you sir are an idiot. Have you ever sold a house before. You personally dont get the earnest money that this woman is suing him for. It goes to the real estate agent. That's why you hire an agent in the first place.
Why don't you wait for the verdict before you start condemning someone. You know, due process, and all that.
WTF

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 2, 2010
Producer wrote:
WTF, you sir are an idiot. Have you ever sold a house before. You personally dont get the earnest money that this woman is suing him for. It goes to the real estate agent. That's why you hire an agent in the first place.
Why don't you wait for the verdict before you start condemning someone. You know, due process, and all that.
Producer I don't think think WTF was talking about the money the woman sent. He was talking about the insurance claim money being used to pay his back taxes. Not the money from the woman in Hawaii
Umm ok

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 2, 2010
Watson wrote:
WTF.....Please learn how to spell the word "liar" correctly if you intend on calling someone that word. Idiot.
Watson after all that was said, you didn't defend Jay just corrected the guys grammar? Lol
WTF

Chicago, IL

#17 Jul 2, 2010
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Producer I don't think think WTF was talking about the money the woman sent. He was talking about the insurance claim money being used to pay his back taxes. Not the money from the woman in Hawaii
Hahaha thanks WTF2..I'm glad someone read that post properly! Oh and here it goes liar..how's that for spelling?
Watson

Edwardsville, IL

#18 Jul 2, 2010
Umm ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Watson after all that was said, you didn't defend Jay just corrected the guys grammar? Lol
No. I would rather point out interesting hypocrisies than waste time rambling about a Politician. There are too many agendas at work regarding that topic to ever reach any degree of truth or logic.
john doe

O Fallon, MO

#19 Jul 2, 2010
Producer YOUR the dumbass. I sold some property and got 20% down paid to me, the property owner
Jamie

Cape Girardeau, MO

#20 Jul 2, 2010
What's also nice is that Jay owns the B & H convenience store building at 1021 Bloomfield, where the drug sale took place related to that murder last week. Can't this guy stay out of the news?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eddie Pinkerton 3 hr mike weston 7
April Michelle 21 hr Travis 1
Men drivers in Jackson & Cape Girardeau, MO. 23 hr Brian Boyer 6
bahama tan (Feb '11) Sat Voyeur 51
anyone seen Jeff davidson lately (Dec '09) Jan 13 Guest200 39
nice areas in Jackson (Mar '15) Jan 13 Guest200 27
revival center!!!! fraud! scam! illegal!!! NON-... Jan 13 bestie 18

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance