Anyone know of any haunted places in ...

Anyone know of any haunted places in Breathitt?

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Silver

Clarksville, TN

#1 Jan 26, 2009
Just wondering if anyone knew where there were some supposedly haunted places around Breathitt or nearby countis. If you have anything just post it up on here. Thanks!
Nosy

Harrogate, TN

#2 Jan 26, 2009
I've actually been to a place there called "frozen" its pretty creepy but i didn't get to stay long enough to see the whole place....it was a school that got flooded then supposedly froze over trapping all of the kids inside the boiler room (they were taking shelter from a tornado)...anyways i was wondering if anyone knew if the buildings were still there?? there's a church, gym, dorms, and more....its really hard to find, i don't know if i could get back to there!! if anyone knows about this place...plz comment!!
Silver

Clarksville, TN

#3 Jan 26, 2009
I appreciate you responding. Maybe we can work together and discover this place.
Nosy

Harrogate, TN

#4 Jan 29, 2009
hope so...maybe someone in that area will comment when the weather conditions are better and everybody has electric again!!
just me

United States

#5 Feb 3, 2009
I am from that area and know that those buidlings are down now.....I too wish that they would have been left alone...I love that stuff!
Fairies Wear Boots

London, KY

#6 Feb 8, 2009
If you're talking about the Vancleve Bible Institute, it has been torn down. Belcher's Fork is a pretty wild place though, I've been there twice and both times experienced odd things. My ex husband got scratches on his arms and one of our friends was burned. We went to the old orphanage and it's insanely creepy. I wouldn't advise going there, but only because a lot of people live around it.
Silver

United States

#7 Feb 8, 2009
That is wild Fairies. I have been there but it has been a long time ago and I know that the building was in dangerous condition then so I could imagine now.
Fairies Wear Boots

London, KY

#8 Feb 8, 2009
On both occasions at Belcher's Fork it was Halloween night, so maybe it was just the overall spooky feeling of Halloween, but it was spooky.

Another place that has given me chills is the Common's Area of the old Blue Diamond coal mine in Leatherwood. It's about 2 hours from Jackson - interesting history though. I've been several times, each time never fails to impress me.

Since: Feb 09

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2009
Highland Heights Childrens Orphanage, is that the same thing as Vancleve? I have been to the old Orphage a few times a few years back and i never encountered anything supernatural but then again I went during the daytime

Since: Jan 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#10 Mar 1, 2009
i have been to the childrens orphanage at night, kinda hard to find, kinda scary because we were trespassing on private property, do they allow people to roam around there, its still pretty neat looking and old.
uhmmmm

United States

#11 Mar 2, 2009
I didn't know about any of this
Rockaholic

Lakeland, FL

#12 Mar 2, 2009
Waverly Hills in louisville is awssssomeeee and so is bobby mackeys music world.. look it up !! its great.
crazyyyy

Jackson, KY

#13 Mar 18, 2009
The stupid retards on here is scaryy
tiki

United States

#14 Mar 27, 2009
Dumont tunnel is also a haunted place where men working were killed when the train came thru. Its even been on that tv show. Another place is below the haddix bridge there is supposed to be haunted.
Wow

Manchester, KY

#15 Mar 28, 2009
I love haunted places
fyi

Winchester, KY

#16 Apr 15, 2009
Ok Hieghland heights childrens orphanage is in in connetecticut, not in ky. There is also a Highlands Heights childrens orphanage in cinncinatti oh. The place on Belcher Fork aka Puncheon aka Highland ky was old highland school. Go to www.theshadowlands.net/places/kentucky.htm it is a good site for hauntings
fyi

Winchester, KY

#17 Apr 15, 2009
if u all dont believe about highland school aka Highland Institue here is the website with info about it http://www.breathittcounty.com/HighlandInstit...
HentFox

United States

#18 Jul 9, 2009
I've heard of ghosts crossing the road around the bend behind the long johns silvers in Jackson. Does anyone know anything about it?
Harrison Bush

Jackson, KY

#19 Jul 9, 2009
Haven't heard of any ghosts crossing the road but a bad car crash happened there several years ago. If I remember right, a Lee's College student was killed.
Wrong

Jackson, KY

#20 Jul 9, 2009
You are wrong it is in Breathitt and some children got burned up there. Hand prints on walls and don't write on the chalk board. Any one who has has had bad luck. Highland orphanage was long ago. It is creepy so is the church beside it.
fyi wrote:
Ok Hieghland heights childrens orphanage is in in connetecticut, not in ky. There is also a Highlands Heights childrens orphanage in cinncinatti oh. The place on Belcher Fork aka Puncheon aka Highland ky was old highland school. Go to www.theshadowlands.net/places/kentucky.htm it is a good site for hauntings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is that woman 25 min poo 30
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min Truth 170,021
bed bugs at bhs 29 min boo 65
Groundbreaking for new plants 1 hr Voter 5
Poor sad life PM & JAW BACON 1 hr GTFO 23
Golf course needs your money 5 hr Dr tiger woods 1
"Rat" 16 hr Saywhaaaa 1

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages