you dont need church
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yes me

Winchester, KY

#1 Nov 11, 2012
I am just going to say you dont need church to be a good person. There are so many denominations who is to say witch one is right. I pesonally do not partake in church because it is so full of hipocryrtes most all of them are they do not practice what is being preached. All these people will see in thetr own time it was all for nothing. when you die thats it nothing else you get buried and thats it. You will see. So live your lives as you wish but just remeber when its over it is over.you dot have to have religion in your life to be a good person. All you have to have is strong morals. NOT CHURCH.Just because you arent a jesus freak does not mean you are a bad person.
Toad

Ardsley, NY

#2 Nov 11, 2012
Ur exactly right. It's a crutch and these holier than thou preachers love it when u put them on a pedestal an put ur money in the pot. Amen brother
well

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Nov 11, 2012
yes me wrote:
I am just going to say you dont need church to be a good person. There are so many denominations who is to say witch one is right. I pesonally do not partake in church because it is so full of hipocryrtes most all of them are they do not practice what is being preached. All these people will see in thetr own time it was all for nothing. when you die thats it nothing else you get buried and thats it. You will see. So live your lives as you wish but just remeber when its over it is over.you dot have to have religion in your life to be a good person. All you have to have is strong morals. NOT CHURCH.Just because you arent a jesus freak does not mean you are a bad person.
Just tell that to God when you meet him.
miss

Manchester, KY

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Church is where you get on your kness and bow you head to pray. Whether it is in a building, in a field, or in a run down shack. God said let them congregate to worship me not talk about each other like dogs and make fun of how bad some people have it. You worship him not your cars, houses, or what the person next to you has or has not.
read

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2012
Read your bible--you do need church

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#6 Nov 12, 2012
I am too lazy to look it up, but there is a verse stating that the believer should not forsake the gathering together of believers. Also, in Romans it says faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word. However, there is no scripture or verse that says one MUST go to church specifying an organized church with pews, stained glass, chandeliers, and all the trimmings and bells. Believers can gather anywhere at anytime.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#7 Nov 12, 2012
In Proverbs 27 it says iron sharpens iron just as one person sharpens another. Many people take this to mean that when believers gather for discussion or Bible study that they are refining each other in theology and faith. I think it could have a broader meaning, too.
hound dog

Langley, KY

#8 Nov 12, 2012
If there is one god why so many different churches maybe people just can't get along we all live together but are so different don't think this was his plan what screw up we all are he must be ashamed
liz

United States

#9 Nov 12, 2012
Going to church won't take you to heaven, you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior. Say a prayer and ask him for forgiviness and ask him to forgive you of your sins and he will and theres no such thing as living a perfect life cause christians sin as bad as sinners. John14:6 says Jesus answered and said unto him I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes unto the Father but by me. Ephesians2:8&9 For by grace are you saved by grace and that not of yourselves less any man should boast. That means you don't get to heaven by being good, by going to church and doing many wonderful works, you have to apply the blood and repent of your sins.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#10 Nov 12, 2012
I don't believe church is necessary for the betterment or advancement of one's soul. By church, I mean getting together with other people to worship as a group, whether inside or outside a building. One can worship just as effectively alone.

With that being said, there is a certain joy in doing things together with other like minded people. Even for a damned ol' Pagan.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11 Nov 12, 2012
yes me wrote:
I am just going to say you dont need church to be a good person. There are so many denominations who is to say witch one is right. I pesonally do not partake in church because it is so full of hipocryrtes most all of them are they do not practice what is being preached. All these people will see in thetr own time it was all for nothing. when you die thats it nothing else you get buried and thats it. You will see. So live your lives as you wish but just remeber when its over it is over.you dot have to have religion in your life to be a good person. All you have to have is strong morals. NOT CHURCH.Just because you arent a jesus freak does not mean you are a bad person.
I agree with the fact that you don't have to go to church to be a good person. You don't even have to believe in the Divine for that matter. Many atheists have good morals and are fine outstanding people. Just because they aren't afraid of punishment in the afterlife doesn't mean they rob, steal, cheat, and so forth. I think those are qualities of selfish people, no matter whether you are a believer or not. The hypocrites that you speak of are examples of selfish believers.

Speaking of hypocrites, your post leaves a question. You say you don't go to church because of all the hypocrites. Then below that you say that you don't believe in an afterlife. Are you not going to church because you don't like the people in it or are you not going to church because you are an atheist and don't believe in the Divine?

I have met many people who are turned off to the idea of Christianity but still believe in a higher power and creator. Keep in mind that there are many religions out there other than Christianity. If you are a true atheist, that is fine and indeed doesn't mean you are not a good moral person, but if you do tend to believe in a higher power I recommend you search out a religion that meets your spiritual needs or just communicate with the Divine in a way that you are comfortable with. I'm not trying to convert you to any religion, I'm just saying that there are alternatives to Christianity, if that's not working for you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 12, 2012
liz wrote:
Going to church won't take you to heaven, you have to accept Jesus Christ as your savior. Say a prayer and ask him for forgiviness and ask him to forgive you of your sins and he will and theres no such thing as living a perfect life cause christians sin as bad as sinners. John14:6 says Jesus answered and said unto him I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes unto the Father but by me. Ephesians2:8&9 For by grace are you saved by grace and that not of yourselves less any man should boast. That means you don't get to heaven by being good, by going to church and doing many wonderful works, you have to apply the blood and repent of your sins.
Liz, what do you believe about atheists and people of other non-Christian religions? Do you believe Christianity is absolute and if so why?
Prevailing Truth

Manchester, KY

#13 Nov 12, 2012
2DamnLiberal wrote:
I am too lazy to look it up, but there is a verse stating that the believer should not forsake the gathering together of believers. Also, in Romans it says faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word. However, there is no scripture or verse that says one MUST go to church specifying an organized church with pews, stained glass, chandeliers, and all the trimmings and bells. Believers can gather anywhere at anytime.
I agree with both of your posts.
chris

Danville, KY

#14 Nov 12, 2012
yes me wrote:
I am just going to say you dont need church to be a good person. There are so many denominations who is to say witch one is right. I pesonally do not partake in church because it is so full of hipocryrtes most all of them are they do not practice what is being preached. All these people will see in thetr own time it was all for nothing. when you die thats it nothing else you get buried and thats it. You will see. So live your lives as you wish but just remeber when its over it is over.you dot have to have religion in your life to be a good person. All you have to have is strong morals. NOT CHURCH.Just because you arent a jesus freak does not mean you are a bad person.
no but you had better be a jesus freak to make it to heaven ;)
chris

Danville, KY

#15 Nov 12, 2012
for starters, this is a thread, ok, nobody knows who you are, that shows that your a strong person right lol, yea right. people get your info elsewhere, not topix.com lol. my job is done
BOZO

United States

#16 Nov 12, 2012
If u r an athiest u shouldn't think about what kind of person u r, cause as far as u believe u will die and be burried and thats forever Right??? Well what if it's not, and u go in front of God on judgement day and He tells u depart from me ,,,I never knew u.Get u a Bible and start reading in Matthew, if u are serious and not on here as a joke, then reading the Bible will help u a lot. Good luck,and God Bless u.
BOZO

United States

#17 Nov 12, 2012
Liz u r so right, just going to church and being a good person will not get u to heaven,,,, confess ur sins and believe Jesus died and arose the third day for all of us. God is in charge and no matter how many churches or denominations God is in all, and no matter if u think some are hipocrits or fakes, then they will be punished by God,,,, U just ask Him to lead and guide u. All u do is confess and ask whatever u will believing, and ye shall receive, He will never leave u nor forsake u. There so many good things in the New Test. It will help u if u will let it. That's not being a Jesus freak,
liz

United States

#18 Nov 13, 2012
To Lost angel. Atheists can get a chance to accept the Lord if they die a normal death and don't get killed all of a sudden. Psalms14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Romans3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. The true Bible is the King James Version and this is why. 11Peter1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. This means man didn't write the King James Version, but holy men did and they were the prophets God used to write the Bible. He Holy Spirit lives in your heart after you accept Jesus as your savior. The prophets are: Moses, Isiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum,Habakkuk,, zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi. Lost Angel if you believe in the Lord Jesus and repent of your sins, say a prayer and ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and ask him to come into your heart you will be saved if you don't you will go to hell when you die. It's as simple as that. You can't make up your own religion cause God has done that and read John14:6 Jesus answered and said unto him.He was talking to Thomas. I am the way, the truth and th life and noman cometh unto the Father but by me. You have to accept Jesus.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19 Nov 13, 2012
I appreciate the concern, Liz, but I just don't have any faith in your Bible. Thanks for the reply.
Huh

Lebanon, KY

#20 Nov 13, 2012
chris wrote:
for starters, this is a thread, ok, nobody knows who you are, that shows that your a strong person right lol, yea right. people get your info elsewhere, not topix.com lol. my job is done
strong person? What are you talking about? I know this is a forum and it is for people to talk about their opinions and so on . If people are dumb enough to take this stuff serious that is thier problem not mine. Lmfao.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min CCR 165,497
Teresa Smith & Kendra Noble 1 hr XXX 14
election 2018 3 hr Observation 24
Ricky clemons super rat 11 hr Thief 9
The Demont train tunnel at Quicksand (Oct '12) 11 hr Scardy cat 26
Haunted Places in Jackson County. (Mar '11) 11 hr Truth 11
Chrystal Collins 13 hr SMH 35

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages