truth

Hyden, KY

#43 Jan 31, 2013
You still don't have a clue, do you? The FD starting an ambulance service isn't to make money. They just want to stay afloat and pay the bills. Their goal is to provide a top service to the citizens and as long as they're breaking even, they're happy. What's Jay's goal? To make money, lots of it, at any cost, with no regard to proper patient care, employee safety, or abiding by any laws.

Got it, yet? Your arguments are invalid. You probably work for him. Show's what caliber of individual will work there. McIntosh doesn't need taxes. Hell, Lee and Perry County don't need taxes. Breathitt don't need taxes. Why would the city FD need taxes?
unicorns leprechaun farts

West Liberty, KY

#44 Jan 31, 2013
truth wrote:
You still don't have a clue, do you? The FD starting an ambulance service isn't to make money. They just want to stay afloat and pay the bills. Their goal is to provide a top service to the citizens and as long as they're breaking even, they're happy. What's Jay's goal? To make money, lots of it, at any cost, with no regard to proper patient care, employee safety, or abiding by any laws.
Got it, yet? Your arguments are invalid. You probably work for him. Show's what caliber of individual will work there. McIntosh doesn't need taxes. Hell, Lee and Perry County don't need taxes. Breathitt don't need taxes. Why would the city FD need taxes?
it's not to make money it's to make a shitload of money. they currently collect money off of everyone in the city or has a city address in the form of taxes on your insurance, and haven't had trouble paying their bills and wasting money so i guess they just want more money. what makes you think that the fd can provide better service just because they have more money. i hate to break the bad news to you but perry county ambulance authority does have a tax on everyones property bill just like lee county does and morgan county. as for where i work i wouldn't work in ems or fire for any amount of money because everyone of them are fat and lazy.
truth

Hyden, KY

#45 Jan 31, 2013
Well then I guess you don't have a dog in this fight, do you? For your information, I know for a FACT that Lee County is not tax based. The money that Jackson would bring in from EMS would go solely to EMS. I'm sorry if that doesn't sit well with you, having top notch equipment and staying on the cutting edge of patient care.
EMT

Perryville, KY

#46 Jan 31, 2013
Is it the truth i heard jay was turning the service over to JFD?
Clueless

Richmond, KY

#47 Jan 31, 2013
truth wrote:
You still don't have a clue, do you? The FD starting an ambulance service isn't to make money. They just want to stay afloat and pay the bills. Their goal is to provide a top service to the citizens and as long as they're breaking even, they're happy. What's Jay's goal? To make money, lots of it, at any cost, with no regard to proper patient care, employee safety, or abiding by any laws.
Got it, yet? Your arguments are invalid. You probably work for him. Show's what caliber of individual will work there. McIntosh doesn't need taxes. Hell, Lee and Perry County don't need taxes. Breathitt don't need taxes. Why would the city FD need taxes?
Staying afloat and paying bills is all that any ambulance service is doing right now if they are lucky. For those that think an ambulance service is a big money maker is clueless. If you think that there is big money to be made then you have never been involved in the business end of running a ambulance service. If anyone starts an ambulance service they better have a good reserve of money to fall back on because there will be times of no money at all coming in because of the screwed up Medicare and Medicaid programs. If you think that this is all lies then you probably believe that Obama is for coal.
fraid so

Perryville, KY

#48 Feb 5, 2013
truth wrote:
Well then I guess you don't have a dog in this fight, do you? For your information, I know for a FACT that Lee County is not tax based. The money that Jackson would bring in from EMS would go solely to EMS. I'm sorry if that doesn't sit well with you, having top notch equipment and staying on the cutting edge of patient care.
yes the tax money for Lee County EMS is put into the general fund so the magistrates can tell the ems what to do but on your county tax bill you are charged for ems
Think

Pikeville, KY

#49 Feb 5, 2013
I do believe that all EMT's go through and are certified in car extrication so they are covered to be doing the job
truth

Hyden, KY

#50 Feb 5, 2013
fraid so wrote:
<quoted text>
yes the tax money for Lee County EMS is put into the general fund so the magistrates can tell the ems what to do but on your county tax bill you are charged for ems
Completely incorrect.

Also, EMT's are given a basic 'understanding' of extrication during their BASIC course. Nothing more. To be competent in auto extrication takes as many as hours as an EMT class by itself.
You are

Pikeville, KY

#51 Feb 6, 2013
You are an idiot! How much training do you need? Make sure vehicle is stable and safe to go in. Cut them out and use backboard, KED, c-collar or some other device and get them the hell out safely. Not that hard really. It all goes back to money, money, money... Who can charge the most for the extrication. That's where the big money is. Depends on who gets the bill in first to the car insurance money. Bet most wouldn't fool with it if they didn't get money for it. They wouldn't be fighting over who gets the right to do it. Sad really that they all can't just work together
truth

Hyden, KY

#52 Feb 6, 2013
You really think auto extrication is that easy? YOU'RE the one without a clue. Just because you're an EMT, you're not a super hero, and definitely not an know-it-all. Dial your ego back a little and recognize your roll in life.
EMT

West Liberty, KY

#53 Feb 6, 2013
Since you know everything about auto extrication, please explain to all of us the process of rolling a dash. How do you break out a window with a patient inside without busting glass all over them? If a foot is trapped by a brake pedal, how do you free up the foot? What about if an arm or leg is trapped under a vehicle? Since you are an "expert" in it, please tell us how it's done. Apparently since I'm certified in auto extrication, I took a lot of training that I didn't need. I guess it's easy to go out and cut a car without doing more damage to a patient, huh?
Jack

Pikeville, KY

#54 Feb 6, 2013
Duh, you cut the A posts and roll the windshield and the roof. If the glass needs busted then You cover the inside of the window and the patient with a blanket or something so glass will not get on them. Use the jaws of life or saws all. Use jacks, blocks to lift the car off patient. It doesn't take a genius. You act like EMT's know nothing. Sorry but some do. Depends on where they go to training I guess but most do learn everything that you seem to know. My point is I think it is stupid that everyone can't work together simply because of the money issue. What happen to what's best for the people of Breathitt County?????
EMT

West Liberty, KY

#55 Feb 6, 2013
Jack wrote:
Duh, you cut the A posts and roll the windshield and the roof. If the glass needs busted then You cover the inside of the window and the patient with a blanket or something so glass will not get on them. Use the jaws of life or saws all. Use jacks, blocks to lift the car off patient. It doesn't take a genius. You act like EMT's know nothing. Sorry but some do. Depends on where they go to training I guess but most do learn everything that you seem to know. My point is I think it is stupid that everyone can't work together simply because of the money issue. What happen to what's best for the people of Breathitt County?????
If you can get inside the car to cover the patient before you break the glass, then why would you need to cut the car anyway? If you can get to the patient then you can get them out. Glass breakage is necessary when you have to cut before you can gain access to a person. Therefore, if you can get to them to cover them up you wouldn't need to break any glass. You really don't know what you're talking about do you?
Hummer

Somerset, KY

#56 Feb 6, 2013
If Breathiit FD won't respond I'm sure Owsley FD and or Perry Co would be glad to.. Just sayin'.
Seriously

Pikeville, KY

#57 Feb 7, 2013
Are you just an idiot or what?. Apparently you haven't worked many MVA's have you? Keep learning Maybe someday you might know what you are talking about. You need to think about your statement a little more. Maybe you should try being there for other than little bitty fender benders and move up to the big boys league
Jack

Pikeville, KY

#58 Feb 7, 2013
The only point that I am trying to make is it doesn't take a genius to do extrication. I just find it retarded that people can't work together to help save someone's life simply due to jealousy and money. Get over it and work together.
Agreed

Lexington, KY

#59 Feb 7, 2013
Jack wrote:
The only point that I am trying to make is it doesn't take a genius to do extrication. I just find it retarded that people can't work together to help save someone's life simply due to jealousy and money. Get over it and work together.
. I agree, it should be about helping the the victim, not the credit.
Idiots

Pikeville, KY

#60 Feb 8, 2013
Both companies have a bunch a idiots working for them and doing all these postings. While ambulance service is a serious matter, just like a hospital or nursing home you have people's lives in your hands? Both companies have employees on here and maybe even the owner's acting like first grader's. Don't you all have respect for people that might be dying,it could one day be someone you really love if you love anyone other than yourselves and your own ego's. I ask you all this as I noticed someone else also ask " Why can't you both work together for the betterment of the county people instead of cutting each other down with stupidity remarks and idle gossip while people are probably dying all around. Cause you all are on an ego trip. Who cares who knows what or who does what as long as you both are legal with the KRS and are trying to help people in desperate need. What would Jesus say if he came back today and found you all in this shape? Since many of you proclaim to be "Christians" you sound more like the pharisee's and in case your not up on that level and it's not in "ambulance language" then I will tell you--it's being a hipocrite. Where will you stand on judgement day? Check yourselves for it might be your time next.
yeeeeeeeup

Beattyville, KY

#61 Feb 9, 2013
Sounds to me, instead of this coming to Jesus, working together horse crap, people need to man up and act like responsible adults. This Ben Nickel/Terry Herald/Jay Arrowood, run it like the 70's on skeletons and a pocket full of bull shi* is what's wrong here. Ain't nobody in that town got a frigging clue.

Here's the cold, hard truth.
McIntosh Ambulance has been around through ups and downs. Yeah they've got some crappy equipment. Yeah they might have some people with a past working for them. Who doesn't have a past? They're doing the best they can, LEGALLY and RESPECTFULLY.

Arrow-Med or Breathitt Ambulance or whatever they wanna call themselves in 6 more months, run illegally 99% of the time. No regard to employee safety, patient health, or public trust. THEY JUST DON'T CARE. And with BN/TH pulling the strings it only gets worse. You should hear those idiots brag about running it like the "good ol' days". Well guess what? The good ol' days are long gone. There's a reason they're long gone, because that BULL SH*T DON'T FLY NO MORE!

If you all defend these clowns, you're defending all that's wrong with EMS and should be ashamed.

Jackson Fire Department is a whole other argument. From what I understand all this talk of taxes is complete hog wash. Since they will be city employees, they will be required pre-employment drug screenings and be subject to random drug screenings. Contrary to what has been said on this thread previously, AM/BA nor McIntosh drug test. Oh, you say they do? Prove it. Because I know they don't. Jay even said once, that he would drug test his people, that'd put HIM in too much of a hard spot. Quality care, huh? Work together huh? Get your head out of your rump and look at the real picture here. The BIG picture.
Well duh

United States

#62 Feb 20, 2013
Nathan wrote:
<quoted text>
They had a kid who just got ran over by his uncle's truck in the back and the lights and sirens scared him. Need to think before you post crap, you ignorant bitch.
it doesn't matter what kind of pt they had in the back, they have laws to following, no lights no sirens they broke the law and endangered everyone on that unit and everyone else that was on the road!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 41 min DANGEROUS CURVE A... 5,309
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Ari son of Anarchy 153,924
Will pay for someone to spank me (Apr '13) 3 hr Jade 42
read me breathing county 3 hr truth 10
brittany cambell 5 hr Tiff 2
Football players 5 hr Yep23 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr phil Greer 131,065
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••