First Prev
of 2
Next Last
strike

West Liberty, KY

#1 Oct 9, 2012
Did anyone read about the walmart strike. It said there were striking in Kentucky as well as several other states. Did our walmart strike today? If not I think they should. I think all the walmart employees at all walmart in kentucky should do it on the same day for several days to get thier point across.
think about this

Winchester, KY

#2 Oct 9, 2012
Anybody can be replaced
strike

West Liberty, KY

#3 Oct 9, 2012
True, but they would be taking thier lives in thier own hands if they cross the picket line. Scabbies are not very well thought of. Not only that if the customers won't cross the picket line, it would hhurt them even more. I, for one, would not cross a picket line to shop at a place. I don't always think unions are necessary but I do with walmart.
trudy

Winchester, KY

#4 Oct 9, 2012
I heard 500 hours got cut from the Jackson walmart employees..
Beinbg cut

United States

#5 Oct 10, 2012
trudy wrote:
I heard 500 hours got cut from the Jackson walmart employees..
Hours are being cut at the Hazard store as well!
go for it

United States

#6 Oct 10, 2012
Forrespect.org and join us on black friday
go for it

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2012
Go there and click the join button. Come on we need to stand up for the current and future generation. Lets do this!!
really

United States

#8 Oct 10, 2012
you know what it would take them a weeks to train the workers to do what we do every day so i say lets do it
yeah

London, KY

#9 Oct 14, 2012
why are they going on strike? For the pay or for the hours being cut.
mnbghj

London, KY

#10 Oct 14, 2012
They should do it on black Friday. Wouldn't that send a message.
think about this

Winchester, KY

#11 Oct 14, 2012
If a walk out occurs, Walmart will be hiring alot of people.
maybe not

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Oct 14, 2012
Scabs are not well thought of. You would be taking your life in our own hands crossing a picket line. Even the customers would be taking a chance crossing the lines. I say if they do it, we must all stick together and not cross that picket line.
Let them try it

Ivel, KY

#13 Oct 15, 2012
Screw the unions. Let some union thug try to stop me from going into Walmart to shop. If they threaten me or try to do harm to me, they will get back 10 times what they give.
union

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Oct 15, 2012
If it wasn't for the unions you wouldn't have the jobs we have now. Not to mention all the perks everyone has. It doesn't matter if you are union or not now days. But thanks to past union workers certain standard were set into place and made laws for other workers. Such as overtime pay after 40 hours, as well as safety concerns for the employees. So don't down the unions so much. THey are not the cause of our current economic problems. It is the company owners and CEO's and thier greed that is the cause of our problems. I am not always for the union, but sometimes you really need it. Walmart is a time you need it.
Lets do this

Danville, KY

#15 Oct 16, 2012
Let's go on strike on black friday. Shout out all the way from Danville,KY! Email me at [email protected] for some support!
You know

United States

#16 Oct 16, 2012
Walmart isn't unionized right now, so employees can't strike. If they walk off the job they are presumed to have quit. And they won't be elgible for unemployment if they quit.
what good is a strike

Jackson, KY

#17 Nov 7, 2012
on black friday when the so-called "black friday sale" is now on thanksgiving day? walmart cares so much about there workers they take all there holidays
away
citizen

United States

#18 Nov 10, 2012
If you strick thats you and thats fine,then us food stamps poeple that draws checks can get a job and you will draw a check and stamps.To tell you the truth I hope that you do strick.I would work at wal-Marts at any time.I have already put in my app.hard times hard work by the way where is the jewery dept. poeple at when you need them in Jackson,are you try-ing to set poeple up for stealing?Go a head and strick.I want your job!
R U SERIOUS

United States

#19 Nov 11, 2012
strike wrote:
Did anyone read about the walmart strike. It said there were striking in Kentucky as well as several other states. Did our walmart strike today? If not I think they should. I think all the walmart employees at all walmart in kentucky should do it on the same day for several days to get thier point across.
What point?? Are you friggin serious?? Its a damn retail store NOT a coal company!! Gimme a damn break!! Walmart employees make more money than most ppl so wtf are they wanting to go on strike for huh!! Did you know that some dept mgrs make upwards of $16 a hour at Walmart? Were you aware of all their "bonuses" they receive quite often? No? Then what are you agreeing to a STRIKE for?? The only people they screw over at Walmsrt are their NEW EMPLOYEES!! They cut their hours down to about NOTHING cause the employees thats been there a while see to it!! Were you aware of that?? Them new employees might as well get them a second job until they've been at Walmart a while and get into the 'click'!! Let them dummies walk out and see what happens to their jobs!!1 ROFL
walmart employees

Georgetown, KY

#20 Nov 11, 2012
need to watch this documentary about how walmart treats their workers. The employees are told because of the small amount they earn to go apply for food stamps. This documentary airs on national tv and must be true or they could not air it. Go to current TV, channel 215 on dish, not for sure with other tv companies, but just scroll til you find current tv and use your guide to see when the documentary airs again. They show it over and over. If I had any other place to shop I would never enter their doors again after seeing this. Its called Wal-Mart.. The High Cost Of Low Price. It will open your eyes to the way they treat their workers and the way they do things. They destroy towns and businesses when they come in so I say anything the workers can do then do it. I am 100% behind you. Watch it and then comment back here after you watch. Its an eye-opener.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wet Dry Vote 40 min Help a few 24
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 148,303
Dwarfism and Retardation 2 hr maybe 5
Fatty fatty 2x4 2 hr Fat loser 31
Question about Hughes Family (Sep '10) 5 hr ladyhawk 23
Who got their gas money to go and vote??? 9 hr Elizabeth 3
John Lester can't speak for the people 9 hr Honey 60
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages