Should gays allowed to get married an...

Should gays allowed to get married and adopt kids?

Posted in the Jackson Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
scorpio

Winchester, KY

#1 Feb 20, 2013
What do you all think???
no not no

Langsville, OH

#3 Feb 20, 2013
scorpio wrote:
What do you all think???
No!!!Not!!!!No Way!!!Never!!!
hardyharhar

Hyden, KY

#4 Feb 20, 2013
F**K YES THEY SHOULD!
brandy

United States

#5 Feb 20, 2013
what's it to u talk about gays like they are abnormal. i call abnormal child molesters murders druggies theives prostitutes list goes on. just because someone likes the same sex doesnt meant they shouldnt be allowed to purse happiness. so whatever floats ur boat ur life no body elses
scorpio

Winchester, KY

#6 Feb 20, 2013
I'm torn with this situation with my divorced brother who now lives in Maryland announcing he wanna marry his boyfriend and thinking of adopting a kid,Our family has been turned upside down with this shocking news. We had no idea about his secret all these years...In one hand, I wanna be supportive with what will make him happy and ambrace who he really is..Somehow, I accept the fact that being gay is not a choice, but they were born that way..That said, I respect them like any human being , their rights like everyone else desrves including job opportunities, benifit and protection against any form of discrimination..What is hard for me to accept is their plan to for church wedding..Civil marriage is fine but getting married in church?..Thaat is so unnatural and go against my Christian values I grew up with.I believe most relgious values hold similar view than I do.So is adopting a kid..What will the future hold for that kid? Is seems unfair for the kid who had no choice to make his own decision on the matter..On the other hand, part of me feel guilty for witholding my support for my brother. Thanks for input.
NOO

Pineville, KY

#7 Feb 20, 2013
This is wrong!!!!!! What does the bible teach about gays. WRONG!!!!!!!
stanley

United States

#8 Feb 20, 2013
does the bible teach about ho's
hey

Hyden, KY

#9 Feb 20, 2013
hell no why would you want a child exposed to that nasty shit. thats why god destroyed that city for in the bibical days. dumb asses
Whatsit2ya

Macon, GA

#10 Feb 21, 2013
Yes they should be allowed to... U should be able to marry the person u love no matter what sex they are. And it's just wrong to say that no u cannot marry the one u love because they are the wrong sex.
brandy

United States

#11 Feb 21, 2013
obama is asking supreme court about the gay ban on same sex marriages so what it 2 ya is right, also it may soon be a right to anyone who chooses so.
Finite

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Feb 21, 2013
It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve. I for one wouldn't want my children to see fags kissing and such out in public, that being said I don't think it's appropriate for young boys and girls to be sucking face in front of everyone either. Homosexuality is simply unnatural and no your not born with it it's a choice. I am in control of my own life and so is everyone else.
my view

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Feb 21, 2013
I firmly believe as a christian that marriage is between one man and one woman. Not man and man or woman and woman. I believe homosexuality is a choice. If a person was "born" this way then why can't everyone have children? Can a same sex couple have children naturally? No, In our animal kingdom it takes a male and female to reproduce.
As far as if someone I loved told me they were gay. I would tell them this is what I believe. That they were not born that way, but chose to be that way. Doesn't mean I don't love and respect them. Because I do. But if they think I am going to let them sleep in the same bed etc.. while in my house think again. I will treat them like any other unmarried couple. Seperate bedrooms etc unless married. Since same sex couples can't be married under GOd's law then that is the way it is.
As far as adoption why not? We have to many children that need homes and if A gay person wants to adopt as A SINGLE parent then by all means. I think it is more important for a child to have at least one loving parent than to be placed in a foster home where they are only kept because of the money, or in group homes where they don't get the love and attention they need and deserve.
I have gay friends and they know how I feel. I respect them and treat them with the respect they deserve. But at the same time they know how I feel. They don't push thier beliefs off on me and I don't on them.
hey

Hyden, KY

#15 Feb 21, 2013
thats right children tend to be how there raised and i dont think it should be allowed. they should keep that nasty shit to there selfs
Whatsit2ya

Macon, GA

#16 Feb 21, 2013
Just because a gay couple cannot conceive a child dosnt mean anything. They are tons of people (husband and wife's) that cannot conceive naturally, but that dosnt mean that they shouldn't have children. I'm not gay but I do think that people should have the right to choose for themselves. Scientists and doctors have gained knowledge and have tons of new procedures for couples wanting children but cannot have them. If u know the celebrity Juliana rancic... She desperately wanted a child but couldn't conceive so the doctors put her egg and her husbands sperm inside another surrogate mother to carry their child. It's amazing at what all the doctors can do nowadays. The world is changing and people are more open minded then the old days. And I understand why some people are strongly against it too because they live in the Bible Belt and that's how they were raised to think,, but times are changing....and for the better....
hey

Hyden, KY

#17 Feb 21, 2013
Whatsit2ya wrote:
Just because a gay couple cannot conceive a child dosnt mean anything. They are tons of people (husband and wife's) that cannot conceive naturally, but that dosnt mean that they shouldn't have children. I'm not gay but I do think that people should have the right to choose for themselves. Scientists and doctors have gained knowledge and have tons of new procedures for couples wanting children but cannot have them. If u know the celebrity Juliana rancic... She desperately wanted a child but couldn't conceive so the doctors put her egg and her husbands sperm inside another surrogate mother to carry their child. It's amazing at what all the doctors can do nowadays. The world is changing and people are more open minded then the old days. And I understand why some people are strongly against it too because they live in the Bible Belt and that's how they were raised to think,, but times are changing....and for the better....
then why dont you go live with the nasty bastards and see how you like it. children dont have the right to speak out for there selves .
my view

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Feb 21, 2013
Whatsit2ya wrote:
Just because a gay couple cannot conceive a child dosnt mean anything. They are tons of people (husband and wife's) that cannot conceive naturally, but that dosnt mean that they shouldn't have children. I'm not gay but I do think that people should have the right to choose for themselves. Scientists and doctors have gained knowledge and have tons of new procedures for couples wanting children but cannot have them. If u know the celebrity Juliana rancic... She desperately wanted a child but couldn't conceive so the doctors put her egg and her husbands sperm inside another surrogate mother to carry their child. It's amazing at what all the doctors can do nowadays. The world is changing and people are more open minded then the old days. And I understand why some people are strongly against it too because they live in the Bible Belt and that's how they were raised to think,, but times are changing....and for the better....
My husband and I are one of those couples that can't have kids. We accepted it a long time ago as God's will and plan for us. We have helped to raise one great niece and one niece and currently helping to raise two more great nieces. That is what God's plan was and is for us. However, I still stand by what I said....
As far as the comment times are changing and for the better. I disagree with you. It isn't for the better. Just look around you and listen what is going on not only in our neck of the woods but what is going on in the world. You will see it isn't for the better.
john

Winchester, KY

#19 Feb 21, 2013
Hello there, "HEY", whoever you are..Seems like you are just a hateful little thing, aren't you?..There is a saying that if you hate someone who did no harm to you, chances are, it is because that person is somehow a reflection of you..Maybe you yourself are a closeted queer yourself?
hey

Hyden, KY

#20 Feb 21, 2013
john wrote:
Hello there, "HEY", whoever you are..Seems like you are just a hateful little thing, aren't you?..There is a saying that if you hate someone who did no harm to you, chances are, it is because that person is somehow a reflection of you..Maybe you yourself are a closeted queer yourself?
im happily married and have two kids one 5 and one 8 months i just dont believe in this if the wanted kids the should be husband and wife not adam and steve
hardyharhar

United States

#21 Feb 21, 2013
I hope each of you who say you don't want your kids to see "fags" together or you think are they doomed to hell have all gay children. Then when they fall in love with someone and ask you why they can't get married you can reply with "Because people like me are close minded and selfish to push our beliefs on others."
That gal

Prestonsburg, KY

#22 Feb 22, 2013
hardyharhar wrote:
I hope each of you who say you don't want your kids to see "fags" together or you think are they doomed to hell have all gay children. Then when they fall in love with someone and ask you why they can't get married you can reply with "Because people like me are close minded and selfish to push our beliefs on others."
Ok that's just stupid. That's like me saying I wish someone's kid grew up to be a crack head because they don't like druggies. Homosexuality is unnatural and clearly frowned upon by the majority of people in our community this nation was founded under GOD however most people forget that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red head at bp 3 min Whoknows 3
School board members 8 min Winner 4
tax vote 12 min Vote YES 39
brian smith 30 min smokey 17
Who is going to run against Harv for county judge (Jan '13) 33 min nasty 75
Dawn watts will win county attorney 1 hr Yep 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Justified Justice 167,626

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages