Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,030

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Libertarian

UK

#98163 Apr 2, 2013
It's better to teach a religion as what it is - a religion, not as science.

Teach children about religion as opposed to teaching them to follow it, then they have the abiility to decide for themselves, not be brainwashed with a load of hooey, or rather someone's particular interpretation of a particular type of hooey (remember there are 38,000 different types of christianity alone in the world.

Teach them to reason and think for themselves.

USA and Iran, the only religious governments. Says it all.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98164 Apr 2, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>True!
Marriage "Equality" Leads to Sandusky's of the future...
No it does not. PROVE IT!
You lie like a christian
chang

Indianapolis, IN

#98165 Apr 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No it does not. PROVE IT!
You lie like a christian
The so called marriage equality act will come to light, if not already, because this is the devils kingdom of the lost and the damned.
They that lay with the same sex are just that...lost and damned. Not to mention disgusting.
The previous poster questioning the lack of response of God in the horrible act against the three young girls...simple answer...God did not intervene for reasons any human mind can not comprehend. Be it known though it was a man of your god.. satan...that carried the crime out.
When a saved child of God enters the kingdom ofHeaven, then and only then, will our questions that we can not answer here on earth be known and understood. The Lord says we will know by and by and not to question Him. If his Book says it is so, then it is.
I feel you and other satan soldiers are rich in the sense that every prelude to a God conversation that you are heavily armored and do a very fine job of putting doubt in those that are seeking or weak in faith. With that being said, you will be held accountable for your heathen beliefs, words, and blasphemy. When you stand on the left side of God come judgment day, you will reap your fire fueled words and satan will not be able to help your soul.
I find you educated, yet foolish. Eloquent in speech, yet ignorant in content.
I would pray for your soul, but the Lord does not hear prayers for those that are damned.
My Lord is mercy, yet vengeful. My Lord is love, yet hates. He gives you, the lost, the run of this world, cuz you will not have ever lasting life. No matter how many books you read, no matter how many classes you take, no matter how many saved people you encounter...you will never know God. His reasons, His Grace, His promises...they are only for His elect. Not for the bastards.
Sound unfair? Then turn to your master for answers and as everybody seen on this site alone...you come up empty and unsure and still ignorant.
Blessings to the Lords Elect. Matthew 24th chapter just seems to be lifted up off the holy pages. The devils bastards keep proving the precious words over and over and yet, they are so blind, they know not what they do.
What they yearn to do, they keep doing the opposite. They tend to be so educated and yet sooooooo naive.
Laughable.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#98166 Apr 2, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Just like all lefties....
Believe what you want!
Aww.. should my feelings be hurt?

You keep saying "believe want you want!" But you keep insisting that people believe what YOU want to believe.
Bwaingenomersind whitehowz

Glenpool, OK

#98167 Apr 2, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in demon possession today?
Who wanner a map pointing to where dey bwain is??????????

Stand in line lol.

Glenpool, OK

#98168 Apr 2, 2013
pat wrote:
Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest
Yew keep on wishing at the bottom off that rainbow, just try not to rub the pot of nothing to oxidation!!!

Glenpool, OK

#98169 Apr 2, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
It's better to teach a religion as what it is - a religion, not as science.

USA and Iran, the only religious governments. Says it all.
You're not surprised are you?

Glenpool, OK

#98170 Apr 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww.. should my feelings be hurt?
You keep saying "believe want you want!" But you keep insisting that people believe what YOU want to believe.
Iran only want nuclear in case the erl runs out...or in case Saddam is resurrected and taps into and drains they erl fields, cause it be a little harder to blame a bush, aneebush, now, for the ones wit some actually functioning bwains anyway.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98171 Apr 2, 2013
Bwaingenomersindwhitehowz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wanner a map pointing to where dey bwain is??????????
Stand in line lol.
Paragrammatism (disorder of grammatical construction)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98172 Apr 2, 2013
James 1:22
King James Version (KJV)

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
So true

Crossville, TN

#98173 Apr 2, 2013
Good day to you all.. Hope everyone's day is great...:)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98174 Apr 2, 2013
chang wrote:
<quoted text> ...
My Lord is mercy, yet vengeful. My Lord is love, yet hates...
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Sounds like a bi-polar asshat to me. Good luck pleasing your crazy god!

Location hidden

#98175 Apr 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions still have consequences. He gave them 2 commandments. They could only follow one...
You say this as if your god didn't know what they would choose. This would imply your god is not omniscient. If, on the other hand, he knew what they would choose and created them and the environment that would lead to their inevitable decision then free will is an illusion.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if God is omnipotent. I think He has to abide by some eternal laws or He loses His status as God. So to us He is, but what if God is subject to His Father? Something to think about
So you don't believe your god is the "Alpha and the Omega"? If you concede that your god must have come from something, then it is reasonable to infer that his creator must have also had a creator...and you should logically repeat this ad infinitum.

Location hidden

#98176 Apr 2, 2013
So true wrote:
Good day to you all.. Hope everyone's day is great...:)
Good day to you as well. It is shaping up to be a beautiful day...things are going to be blooming soon.
that guy

Mount Ida, AR

#98177 Apr 2, 2013
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98178 Apr 2, 2013
chang wrote:
<quoted text>
you will not have ever lasting life. No matter how many books you read, no matter how many classes you take, no matter how many saved people you encounter...you will never know God.

Laughable.
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98179 Apr 2, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this as if your god didn't know what they would choose. This would imply your god is not omniscient. If, on the other hand, he knew what they would choose and created them and the environment that would lead to their inevitable decision then free will is an illusion.
<quoted text>
So you don't believe your god is the "Alpha and the Omega"? If you concede that your god must have come from something, then it is reasonable to infer that his creator must have also had a creator...and you should logically repeat this ad infinitum.
No because God made Time, therefore God and Heaven exist outside of time. God knows what you will do simply because from his perspective it has already happened. You still make your decisions. You still take responsibility for your actions. God didn't force you to do anything. No predetermination and yes on free will.
Education

Pikeville, KY

#98180 Apr 2, 2013
I apologize upfront for upsetting some of you for what I am about to say, but I can't help but to speak the truth. If you want to teach religion in schools, fine, but do it as history or literature. However, Evolution and scientific reasoing has and needs to be taught like the Big Bang. Science is important and children need to know and understand how the world works. I teach it at home, but also include religious stories. If you refuse to teach these children science, then these children will be ignorant. I always said religion is a lot like drugs:
Distorts Reality and gives you false hope.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#98181 Apr 2, 2013
So true wrote:
<quoted text> thank you, happy Easter as well.. Been a couple of dark places lately, where my thoughts were not clear. God knows our hearts so may I follow him and what he has put in mine.. The one who will always be only a prayer awAy. No matter how alone I feel , he is there , at times I just forgt to talk to him.. Blessings all.,
Amen!
Your welcome!
It's ok to go into the dark, as long as you
let your Light shine, and not become as the dark!
God Bless!
:-)
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#98182 Apr 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
If the first "sin" of Adam and Eve was disobeying god by eating the fruit of knowledge than how did sex become the original sin? How did sex become a sin? Is it all just a hoax? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me
Sex was never the original sin! It was disobedience!
Sex only became a sin when we made it our god, and
perverted it more for our pleasure, and not procreation....
Killing the Babies, and such is a sin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 min DITCH MITCH 4,857
ralph fugate 3 min old woman 15
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Ari son of Anarchy 153,426
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 18 min Jobs Lost 26,274
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 48 min BIG_STEVIE 16,169
wreck on wolverine 2 hr Curious 114
3 rd grade teacher Highland Turner 13 hr Just want to know 1
? Body found near park yesterday? Wed The one 6
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••