Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158012 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#84368 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, people are so caught up in the notion that were the most intelligent they can't even think outside the box ...actually what I think makes more sense is that these people had way more technology than us , but everything mechanical was destroyed over time by religious whack jobs thinking it was the "devils instruments"
For many of the structures we have found the builders had advanced technology... They had Machine Tool technology as there is no method to make many of the cuts we find by hand... We find the tool marks and cuts that cannot be made by hand....

More and more we are finding that a Epoch in Human history is missing from our collective knowledge base and we are leaving the finding of that in to many cases to those that don't have the expertise to study the evidence... Archaeologist may be able to find and uncover the evidence but they have little understanding of engineering, tooling, stone working, geology in order to evaluate that evidence...

I have no idea how a 2000 ton stone was cut with precision and moved miles many 1000's of years ago, but it happened many, many times and our Archaeologist wish us to think the peoples that did it were doing so with copper chisels and stone hammers... One visit to Pumapunku or to the Giza plateau should be able to make them face the evidence that the Megalith builders had Technology...
juggalo

United States

#84369 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmfao.... This is the sort of thing one gets when the evolution wheels fall off... Dr. Spock and Darth Tater pissed off at the goonguns beamed back in time to create a new universe... Anything but an intelligent design!!!
Haha now what did I say that had anything to do with science fiction ...its really funny you don't believe in evolution , but you can look around and clearly see that you haven't quite caught up with the rest of us ..you say that prehistoric men couldn't pull off stonehenge and the pyramids ? Guess what ? they did
juggalo

United States

#84370 Jul 31, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
For many of the structures we have found the builders had advanced technology... They had Machine Tool technology as there is no method to make many of the cuts we find by hand... We find the tool marks and cuts that cannot be made by hand....
More and more we are finding that a Epoch in Human history is missing from our collective knowledge base and we are leaving the finding of that in to many cases to those that don't have the expertise to study the evidence... Archaeologist may be able to find and uncover the evidence but they have little understanding of engineering, tooling, stone working, geology in order to evaluate that evidence...
I have no idea how a 2000 ton stone was cut with precision and moved miles many 1000's of years ago, but it happened many, many times and our Archaeologist wish us to think the peoples that did it were doing so with copper chisels and stone hammers... One visit to Pumapunku or to the Giza plateau should be able to make them face the evidence that the Megalith builders had Technology...
Yeah I was reading where they found saw marks on one stone that was done by a large diameter saw blade ,and was cut smoother than any modern saw

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#84371 Jul 31, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
If Yellowstone erupts, how much of our technology and artifacts will survive? What did we lose from the Toba supereruption, or from the meteor impact off the coast of Madagascar, or from the several other natural disasters of the last 100,000 years?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84372 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Um.. I think the evotards have done enough thinking outside the box for awhile... How about we get back to scientific fact instead of fantastic fables... You have asked me several time?... Really?
Yes. I've asked you at least twice before to describe your version of prehistory, and I'm still waiting.
juggalo

United States

#84373 Jul 31, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought this was some interesting stuff

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84374 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmfao.... This is the sort of thing one gets when the evolution wheels fall off... Dr. Spock and Darth Tater pissed off at the goonguns beamed back in time to create a new universe... Anything but an intelligent design!!!
I already told you Dr. Spock was a pediatrician. Can't you even get THAT right?
juggalo

United States

#84375 Jul 31, 2012
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/cie... sorry my phone isn't acting right today

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84376 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, people are so caught up in the notion that were the most intelligent they can't even think outside the box ...actually what I think makes more sense is that these people had way more technology than us , but everything mechanical was destroyed over time by religious whack jobs thinking it was the "devils instruments"
We know that the church has destroyed anceint text of knowledge to keep the masses in ingnorance, It is not beyond belief that technology has developed along parallel paths to some lost knowledge.
The plumbers bob, a tool to level things is a simple tool yet with out it we would not have any level buildings. That technology is anceint. But the christian cult will say that god made all of the buildings......

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84377 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha now what did I say that had anything to do with science fiction ...its really funny you don't believe in evolution , but you can look around and clearly see that you haven't quite caught up with the rest of us ..you say that prehistoric men couldn't pull off stonehenge and the pyramids ? Guess what ? they did
The christian cult does not believe in Stonehenge or the Pyramids. They do not exist

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84378 Jul 31, 2012
Defender thinks god carved the faces in Mount Rushmore hahahahahahaha

(and YAA says there are no faces)
juggalo

United States

#84379 Jul 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I've asked you at least twice before to describe your version of prehistory, and I'm still waiting.
Haha you'll be waiting a long time I would imagine ..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84380 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we'd know how megaliths were moved if a religious tyrant hadn't ordered the destruction of the library of Alexandria.
juggalo

Columbia, SC

#84381 Jul 31, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>We know that the church has destroyed anceint text of knowledge to keep the masses in ingnorance, It is not beyond belief that technology has developed along parallel paths to some lost knowledge.
The plumbers bob, a tool to level things is a simple tool yet with out it we would not have any level buildings. That technology is anceint. But the christian cult will say that god made all of the buildings......
Yep
juggalo

Columbia, SC

#84382 Jul 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we'd know how megaliths were moved if a religious tyrant hadn't ordered the destruction of the library of Alexandria.
Careful defender is gonna think you're talking about star wars lol
juggalo

Columbia, SC

#84383 Jul 31, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Defender thinks god carved the faces in Mount Rushmore hahahahahahaha
(and YAA says there are no faces)
Yeah ..cause there's no way that someone from up on the holler could carve that

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84384 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful defender is gonna think you're talking about star wars lol
I hope not. I hate that space opera. Lucas is a hack.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84385 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know... All I know is prehistoric men sure as hell couldn't have pulled it off...
Why not? Herod had the western wall built at the Temple Mount in 19 BC, and those foundation stones are immense. You aren't going to claim that the murderer of Jesus had divine assistance from God, are you? Since the Bible doesn't have that answer, what are you going to do - launch another attack on "Evilution"? Scoff that Dr. Spock zapped it with his atomic baby rattle?

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84386 Jul 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? Herod had the western wall built at the Temple Mount in 19 BC, and those foundation stones are immense. You aren't going to claim that the murderer of Jesus had divine assistance from God, are you? Since the Bible doesn't have that answer, what are you going to do - launch another attack on "Evilution"? Scoff that Dr. Spock zapped it with his atomic baby rattle?
ROTFL the bible does not have the answer to so many things because superstitious goat herders who thought the earth was flat and the pretty lights at night where candles lit by the angels could not imagine that people working together can accomplish great things. The writers of the bible could not see past blood lust and perversions with children. How about the great wall of China and the pyramids in South America? Those where unknown until the 1500's so the writers of the bible knew nothing about them. Guess god is not all knowing.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84387 Jul 31, 2012
The Roman church did not want to live by the Jewish law so they rewrote (or wrote for all we know) the bible to change things around to what they MAN wanted.
Well that just would not do for some other people so they rewrote and changed around the bible to suit their lifestyle.
This has happened a few times, the bible was even gone through and certain parts found undesirable by the Europeans.
Enter modern day christians that pick and choose from the bible, selecting the parts that are convenient and ignoring the parts that do not fit their lifestyle.
And mentally unstable people rant "god is real, god is real". I have news for you, Schizophrenia can be treated with medication and then you can live a normal life. There is help, seek a Doctor and be saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Breathitt broke 12 min Bag man 80
raggs electric cut off (Apr '15) 1 hr SayWhatttttt 22
French Howard back in 3 forks regional jail. 3 hr 3 big gays 2
Billy David Stevens girlfriend Stacy 3 hr Claudes his woman 19
Berlin Taulbee 5 hr Lmao 26
Lessons 5 hr Saddened 1
Holly Hollan & Dougie Byrd 8 hr curiosity 2

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance