Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141397 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

defender

United States

#84335 Jul 31, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again,you claim this is what science says, yet you cannot show evidence this is what science says.
Sorry, but I have zero trust in the words of Christians like you.
I have never seen magic as a real thing. Science sees no magic. Magic is for kids. Prove something magical ever happened. Just one time. You cannot. Yet you insist magic did it all. Sorry, but that is not science.
Yet you believe in A cosmic bang from nothing... DNA arising from mud.... And fish evolving into man... If thats not magic nothing is... Let me ask you this... Can you shed any light on how Stonehenge was built or the pyramids?... 200 ton rocks lifted without any kind of pulley systems?... Never seen magic huh?... Explain that... Top minds of today still can't but since you're so smart it shouldn't be a problem... Right?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#84336 Jul 31, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
God Bless the Patiot Super PAC!

Wrong!
Republicans have presented a budget... guess who turned it down?
ya gotta get out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Mind your own tenets and do not place faith in men.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84337 Jul 31, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://thebibletrial.org/
Study up!
I missed the post where you registered...
LOL
Register with the LHM Mens' Network? WTF would I do that?

I watched the videos - presented by a Christian lawyer, a Christian historian and 3 Christian theologians. The only jurist that would not see through the "evidence" would have to have burned out his brain cells or be so mentally corrupted that he couldn't admit what day it is.
The arguments were fallacious, the evidence was one sided and the presentation was smothered by pro-religious imagery. The only substantiated arguments it offered was that the New Testament is consistent within itself and that the Old Testament is of some historic value as a Jewish record of events.
I have maintained both of those points, and NEITHER ONE is relevent to your claim that the Bible is "the word of God."

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84338 Jul 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Register with the LHM Mens' Network? WTF would I do that?
I watched the videos - presented by a Christian lawyer, a Christian historian and 3 Christian theologians. The only jurist that would not see through the "evidence" would have to have burned out his brain cells or be so mentally corrupted that he couldn't admit what day it is.
The arguments were fallacious, the evidence was one sided and the presentation was smothered by pro-religious imagery. The only substantiated arguments it offered was that the New Testament is consistent within itself and that the Old Testament is of some historic value as a Jewish record of events.
I have maintained both of those points, and NEITHER ONE is relevent to your claim that the Bible is "the word of God."
The people who make these things know they are not presenting real proof. The intention is to get money from idiots, not prove anything. It is sad that people are stupid enough to give large sums of money to a cause like that

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84339 Jul 31, 2012
Mary Kay Sellars wrote:
<quoted text>
God is real. Have you no faith? I hope you don't have children your teaching this to. Very sad. God is our Father, he Loves all of us.( That includes you). I think God feels sorry for you. He will forgive you. Maybe you should speak to a preacher. Do you like to read?
Try reading THE SHACK by Paul William Young. It's an awesome book.!
Your bible says god is full of hate for every one except the chosen Jewish people. Are you Jewish? Than god does NOT love you. Good thing god is a myth

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84340 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I love science... It proves you wrong more and more... Of course ToE doesn't give an origin for time, space or matter!! It's goofy enough all on it's own... The world would love to prove this theory true and scream missing link at the drop of a hat.... But it's wishful thinking...
There does not have to be a missing link. The people who shout god want to put restrictions on the rules of science. We do not need to find your missing link.
Oh, life is a bunch of chemical reactions and electron flow. Nothing more.
juggalo

Belmont, NC

#84341 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you believe in A cosmic bang from nothing... DNA arising from mud.... And fish evolving into man... If thats not magic nothing is... Let me ask you this... Can you shed any light on how Stonehenge was built or the pyramids?... 200 ton rocks lifted without any kind of pulley systems?... Never seen magic huh?... Explain that... Top minds of today still can't but since you're so smart it shouldn't be a problem... Right?
So who says that they didn't have pulley systems ? Do you actually think that these ancient people had the knowledge to build all these magnificent structures ,but somehow couldn't figure out how to make tools ?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84342 Jul 31, 2012
Proof that the christian cult does not believe in their bible;
Matthew 5:17

New International Version (NIV)

The Fulfillment of the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

If the christian cult believed in the bible they would follow the Jewish laws. But they do not like the Jewish laws so they ignore the parts of the bible they do not like because the bible is not real. The christian cult only likes the parts of the bible that make them feel elevated above others and justifies their hate and blood lust.
defender

United States

#84343 Jul 31, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>There does not have to be a missing link. The people who shout god want to put restrictions on the rules of science. We do not need to find your missing link.
Oh, life is a bunch of chemical reactions and electron flow. Nothing more.
Christians want to put restrictions on science?... Science already has them... They are called scientific laws... Laws that evolutionist seem to want to ignore if they don't go along with the foolishness...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84344 Jul 31, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you mean,"I cant wait to read the spin you are going to try to put on that one"
Here is some factual infromation for you to consider.
War chariots were employed by many of the pagan nations that opposed Israel. At the Red Sea in 1513 B.C.E., Pharaoh’s entire army, including his 600 special war chariots “and all the other chariots of Egypt,” were destroyed by Jehovah.(Ex 14:6, 7; 15:4, 19; Jos 24:6) When conquering the Promised Land, the Israelites routed the enemy and burned many of their captured chariots.(Jos 11:4-9) Jabin the king of Canaan held the Israelites in bondage for 20 years until Jehovah pinned down and destroyed his fleet of 900 chariots equipped with iron scythes and commanded by Sisera, at the torrent valley of Kishon.(Jg 4:2, 3, 13, 15, 16; 5:28) During the period of Israel’s kings, at one time or another, the Philistines, Egyptians, Ethiopians, Syrians, Assyrians, and Babylonians battled against them with large chariot forces, as many as 32,000 chariots on one occasion.(1Sa 13:5; 2Sa 1:6; 1Ch 19:6, 7, 18; 2Ch 12:2, 3; 14:9; 16:8; Isa 37:21, 24) In pronouncements of doom, the prophets sometimes mentioned the chariots in which such nations prided themselves.—Jer 50:37; 51:21; Mic 5:10, 15.
The more level places, such as the Plains of Philistia and the broad Valley of Jezreel, were better suited for chariot warfare than was the hilly country. On one occasion the Syrians boasted that their chariots would overcome Israel if the latter could be lured out of the mountains to fight on the flat land, for, as they thought,“[Israel’s] God is a God of mountains.” However, the great defeat suffered by the Syrians proved that Jehovah is also “a God of low plains.”—1Ki 20:23-30.
How do you like that for what you call a spin?
Interesting spin. man the Jews just did not get along with any one did they? A religion of war and hate (the Jewish)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84345 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
So who says that they didn't have pulley systems ? Do you actually think that these ancient people had the knowledge to build all these magnificent structures ,but somehow couldn't figure out how to make tools ?
They also had millions of slaves working. Some people believe that flying saucers helped build them, hey that is as credible as god
defender

United States

#84346 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>So who says that they didn't have pulley systems ? Do you actually think that these ancient people had the knowledge to build all these magnificent structures ,but somehow couldn't figure out how to make tools ?
It's fact dude... Look it up... Yes they had tools.. Pulley systems no... Even if they did it wouldn't have mattered... Some of those stones weighed 2 to 300 tons... From 130 miles away no less... The best they've come up with is well they all just got together and did it... Laughable...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84347 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what magic is? I thought you read the Bible?

Self replicating molecules do not have to be DNA, but can be the ancestors of it. Even such complex molecules as DNA can be replicated without biologic processes, as with PCR.

We already covered Stonehenge in this thread.

Fish evolving into man? You've skipped a few hundred million years in between, if the theory is correct.

Man: "God, what is a million years to you?"
God: "A million years is nothing but a second to me."
Man: "God, what is a mountain of money to you?"
God: "A mountain of money is nothing - a penny to me."
Man: "Umm... God? Can I have a penny?"
God: "Sure! Just give me a second..."

Your incomprehension and flailing at windmills seems to confirm:
“Witchcraft to the ignorant,.... Simple science to the learned.”- L. Brackett

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84348 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians want to put restrictions on science?... Science already has them... They are called scientific laws... Laws that evolutionist seem to want to ignore if they don't go along with the foolishness...
There are wack-job Christians who are claiming that Pepsi is being flavored with human embryo research by products... Most Christians don't jack shite science.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84349 Jul 31, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
It's fact dude... Look it up... Yes they had tools.. Pulley systems no... Even if they did it wouldn't have mattered... Some of those stones weighed 2 to 300 tons... From 130 miles away no less... The best they've come up with is well they all just got together and did it... Laughable...
So you are saying that God helped the Egyptians build the pyramids for their man/god pharaohs?
God helped pagans build Stonehenge?
It must have been some OTHER god? I thought Christianity was monotheistic?
The jealous God of the Old Testament wouldn't have allowed such sacrilege.
I guess you think the devil built Coral Castle, too?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#84350 Jul 31, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Abhorred ok so its like all the people who say " if I won the lottery I would give all my money to people who need it " its a safe thing to say , because the don't really believe they would win the lottery and at the same time they can look like great people ..just like you showing so much faith in god that you would kill your own child if " he" asked ...because you feel it would never be asked in the first place ..so if god is real ..how do you think "he" would feel about such an attitude
Well said.
I feel sure that Yaa's "god" would tell him exactly what he wants to hear.

Have you noticed all the "hahhahahahaa" from Yaa in the last week or two.
No arguments, only yelling "wrong" or "no" and crazy laughter.
I think he's losing it, poor old feller.

defender

United States

#84351 Jul 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know what magic is? I thought you read the Bible?

Self replicating molecules do not have to be DNA, but can be the ancestors of it. Even such complex molecules as DNA can be replicated without biologic processes, as with PCR.

We already covered Stonehenge in this thread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pCvx5gSnfW4XX

Fish evolving into man? You've skipped a few hundred million years in between, if the theory is correct.

Man: "God, what is a million years to you?"
God: "A million years is nothing but a second to me."
Man: "God, what is a mountain of money to you?"
God: "A mountain of money is nothing - a penny to me."
Man: "Umm... God? Can I have a penny?"
God: "Sure! Just give me a second..."

Your incomprehension and flailing at windmills seems to confirm:
“Witchcraft to the ignorant,.... Simple science to the learned.”- L. Brackett
Yeah we already covered Stonehenge just like the big bang theory... We can't explain it so it all just happened anyway.. Screw the fact that it's impossible.... And where did the information for DNA to replicate come from in the first place?... Let me guess "well it just happened".... Reproduction itself goes against the theory of evolution... At what point did simple life forms gain the ability to reproduce?... "well it just happend"... And for what reason?... "uh we don't know but you're stupid for believing it was designed"... Whatever...
defender

United States

#84352 Jul 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>There are wack-job Christians who are claiming that Pepsi is being flavored with human embryo research by products... Most Christians don't jack shite science.
And what has that got to do with my post?... Really?
defender

United States

#84353 Jul 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying that God helped the Egyptians build the pyramids for their man/god pharaohs?
God helped pagans build Stonehenge?
It must have been some OTHER god? I thought Christianity was monotheistic?
The jealous God of the Old Testament wouldn't have allowed such sacrilege.
I guess you think the devil built Coral Castle, too?
I don't know... All I know is prehistoric men sure as hell couldn't have pulled it off...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#84354 Jul 31, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I feel sure that Yaa's "god" would tell him exactly what he wants to hear.
Have you noticed all the "hahhahahahaa" from Yaa in the last week or two.
No arguments, only yelling "wrong" or "no" and crazy laughter.
I think he's losing it, poor old feller.
Heavy substance abuse or just plain wack ether way YAA has not stated one intelligent or even comprehensible post. Maybe his/her medication is not working to keep him/her grounded in reality?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kimberly Combs 3 hr identity 4
Chris Bun Divorce 3 hr Shazaam 15
JL Smith and Roy D Herald (May '14) 4 hr Bill 20
Who is superintendent? 4 hr what 9
Breathitt County 5 hr truth 12
Rosella Fugate 6 hr U know it 1
Top 5 bhs football players 6 hr whatz up 9
More from around the web

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE