Does State have the nerve

Does State have the nerve

Posted in the Jackson Forum

yes

Richmond, KY

#1 Dec 6, 2012
to fire those involved in the non reporting of the sexual abuse and should they sine the local board wouldn't?
It dont matter

Paintsville, KY

#2 Dec 6, 2012
they will..........

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 6, 2012
yes wrote:
to fire those involved in the non reporting of the sexual abuse and should they sine the local board wouldn't?
What has caused this, is where our [not all], politicians are corrupt. This is what happens when a county has corrupt officials, especially the school systems, the state comes in and takes over, where they give the schools funding. When corrupt officials use money the government collects from the tax payer, states will take over and run them. Of course, I don't know how long the state will do this, but that's most of the reason they're doing it.
3 years

Richmond, KY

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Charlie Sylvester Hollon wrote:
<quoted text>
What has caused this, is where our [not all], politicians are corrupt. This is what happens when a county has corrupt officials, especially the school systems, the state comes in and takes over, where they give the schools funding. When corrupt officials use money the government collects from the tax payer, states will take over and run them. Of course, I don't know how long the state will do this, but that's most of the reason they're doing it.
It said on channel 57 that the state will be taking over for at least 3 years.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#5 Dec 7, 2012
3 years wrote:
<quoted text>It said on channel 57 that the state will be taking over for at least 3 years.
Do you think they'll ever get this mess straightened out?
arch

Richmond, KY

#6 Dec 9, 2012
yes wrote:
Yes they should. Clean slate
This will make u happy

Hyden, KY

#7 Dec 9, 2012
Rousseau school will be closing that's one thing for sure does that please all of u people they will be lay offs that make all of u happy that will clean the slate
question

Georgetown, KY

#8 Dec 9, 2012
I never did see where the salaries of the Board Members were published. I think it should be public knowledge who got paid and who got the so-called "BONUSES" and perks from the superintendent. Why not get it ALL out in the open and have some transparency as to where our tax dollars were spent.
Fighting Tiger

Prestonsburg, KY

#9 Dec 10, 2012
question wrote:
I never did see where the salaries of the Board Members were published. I think it should be public knowledge who got paid and who got the so-called "BONUSES" and perks from the superintendent. Why not get it ALL out in the open and have some transparency as to where our tax dollars were spent.
Board members, statewide, generally receive about $80 a month for their service. That's not the point here. By law, they're forbidden to meddle in personnel -- that's hiring to you -- but it sounds like these board members are about 22 years behind the times. They've been getting jobs for their relatives and friends. That's where the real money comes in. For the first five years or so, the state Office of Education Accountability (OEA) investigated this stuff and kicked out about a dozen superintendents and 30-some school board members just in eastern Kentucky, But they don't do much of anything anymore. That's because our great Legislators started getting complaints from superintendents about all these investigations from Frankfort. So your state Senators and Representatives, who are bosses of OEA, told them to back off. That's why nearly everybody on the Breathitt board gets to go to the state tournament every year -- on your nickle -- and nobody does a thing about it. Hey, Arch -- don't feel bad -- maybe they've got a ball team at LaGrange!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min -Christopher Jarvis 165,682
Nim Henson Geriatric Center 1 hr Nancy 11
Jeana Wiseman 2 hr Question 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr think 811
Hardee's 7 hr Yea 2
He own you ricky 8 hr Sexy girl 3
loose floppy foreskin 8 hr HIV is good 11

Jackson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson Mortgages