Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92151 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. as I get older thats about right.
I remember when they were oo.
You're beautiful Missy. We can see that much from right here.
Fine wine gets better with age.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92152 Aug 29, 2013
I had an older Jewish patient one time. The employees left her full tray sitting in front of her and went home. As I came on shift, I noticed her and her full tray. First, I detected what was and wasn't kosher. I knew that she needed to eat. She was so frail. Patiently, I stood over her and fed or various bites of the different courses not the same thing at one time. I did not shovel it at her and let her take her time chewing. Unfortunately, her condition deteriorated. This was the only evening that she had been in my care.
I think, the best we can do is stay active both physically and mentally. If our health does decline keep power of attorney in mind. It is not a burden to most children because if my Dad was in the same situation, his care would be a priority. Private care is so much better, but not as affordable. I have seen so many cases of neglect. Patients' crying and being neglected both intentionally and unintentionally from lack of staff. I live with the good memories and the sad. As one patient passed she kept calling my name, her family came to get me. Unfortunately, I was with other bedfast patients who needed personal care as well. What I learned from the experience, live each day as if it were the last and love as if there will be no tomorrow:)
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92153 Aug 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Imposter.. Your prior post to Miss E Font included the slang term "What the Sam Hill". I always like to use Google to see where some of those various terms originate.
There were several possibilities, but the one I liked the most is when Ky. Governor Buckner sent his adjutant (Sam Hill) to Pike County to investigate the Hatfield-McCoy feud and newspapers nationwide reported "What will Sam Hill find"?... Interesting.
I never thought about that.... Sam Hill, I always thought the hill part was a way to keep from saying H E double-toothpicks. LOL
Never thought about the Sam part.
I had several classes at UK with a Hatfield girl that was from over around the WVa line. She claimed to be descended from the Hatfield clan that was involved in that famous feud. Man she was a looker, big tall girl, she had legs that went all the way up to her neck.
Red headed and just as mean as she was pretty. Man we had a time down there.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92154 Aug 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I never thought about that.... Sam Hill, I always thought the hill part was a way to keep from saying H E double-toothpicks. LOL
I had several classes at UK with a Hatfield girl that was from over around the WVa line. She claimed to be descended from the Hatfield clan that was involved in that famous feud. Man she was a looker, big tall girl, she had legs that went all the way up to her neck.
Are you stereotyping us red heads?
I don't have a temper at all~
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92155 Aug 29, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
I had an older Jewish patient one time. The employees left her full tray sitting in front of her and went home. As I came on shift, I noticed her and her full tray. First, I detected what was and wasn't kosher. I knew that she needed to eat. She was so frail. Patiently, I stood over her and fed or various bites of the different courses not the same thing at one time. I did not shovel it at her and let her take her time chewing. Unfortunately, her condition deteriorated. This was the only evening that she had been in my care.
I think, the best we can do is stay active both physically and mentally. If our health does decline keep power of attorney in mind. It is not a burden to most children because if my Dad was in the same situation, his care would be a priority. Private care is so much better, but not as affordable. I have seen so many cases of neglect. Patients' crying and being neglected both intentionally and unintentionally from lack of staff. I live with the good memories and the sad. As one patient passed she kept calling my name, her family came to get me. Unfortunately, I was with other bedfast patients who needed personal care as well. What I learned from the experience, live each day as if it were the last and love as if there will be no tomorrow:)
Misty I go to a retirement home quite a bit to see a dear old friend. I often help them feed other patients while I'm there if its around an eating time. The nurse aids do the best they can but they had a real hard time making time to feed this one little lady, because she ate real slow, she was so skinny it would just about tear your heart out. I would sit there as long as it took until she ate what she wanted. They ended up putting one of those surgically placed feeding tubes right in her little belly. She up and died not long ago.
It looks like this great country of ours could find a better way to care for the very people that worked there butts off making it great.

Location hidden

#92156 Aug 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Misty I go to a retirement home quite a bit to see a dear old friend. I often help them feed other patients while I'm there if its around an eating time. The nurse aids do the best they can but they had a real hard time making time to feed this one little lady, because she ate real slow, she was so skinny it would just about tear your heart out. I would sit there as long as it took until she ate what she wanted. They ended up putting one of those surgically placed feeding tubes right in her little belly. She up and died not long ago.
It looks like this great country of ours could find a better way to care for the very people that worked there butts off making it great.
I agree
Our nation is only as good as it treats its elderly and children.
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92157 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my Lord! Hahahaha I know better that, and you do to. I've never known a redhead in my life that wasn't sharp of tongue and wild in the....

I better quit while I'm ahead. LOL

I think I'll do something constructive and drive over to the retirement home and see old Sam, maybe whip his butt in a game of spades or two.
I know better than that too, the old geezer might have a physical problem or two but his mind is still as sharp as a two edged sword.
Good evening to you all!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92158 Aug 29, 2013
Nursing facilities ... I went 3 times during the week and twice on Sundays for 2 years and still commuted 35 miles a day one way to work .... more stories than I even want to think about. The worst is when the loved ones experience toxic shock from failing kidneys and all they can do is continously say "aaaaaayyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee ". People that can do that type of work have my greatest admiration.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92159 Aug 29, 2013
Civil War tidbit.. Union General William (nicknamed "Bull" due to his stature) Nelson, a Kentuckian (Nelson County and Camp Nelson in Jessamne County bears his name) lost the Battle of Richmond Kentucky and 2000 Union soldiers were held prisoner on the Madison County Courthouse lawn. Later, when blaming that loss on a subordinate (Jefferson C. Davis and not the Confederate President) he was mortally shot in the Galt House in Louisville.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#92160 Aug 29, 2013
more stories than I even want to think about.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92161 Aug 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I never thought about that.... Sam Hill, I always thought the hill part was a way to keep from saying H E double-toothpicks. LOL
Per Google the H E double-toothpicks is the primary use for that slang term. Another is a grocer named Sam Hill in Prescott Arizona that had so many items on his shelves the people claimed "what the Sam Hill". I just like the one related to the Hatfield-McCoy feud since it is a Kentucky story.

Location hidden

#92162 Aug 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Civil War tidbit.. Union General William (nicknamed "Bull" due to his stature) Nelson, a Kentuckian (Nelson County and Camp Nelson in Jessamne County bears his name) lost the Battle of Richmond Kentucky and 2000 Union soldiers were held prisoner on the Madison County Courthouse lawn. Later, when blaming that loss on a subordinate (Jefferson C. Davis and not the Confederate President) he was mortally shot in the Galt House in Louisville.
I stayed at the Galt house. Its suppose to be haunted; however, I didn't see any ghost
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92164 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I stayed at the Galt house. Its suppose to be haunted; however, I didn't see any ghost
I have stayed there also. The only "ghosts" I have ever seen are most likely just my own vivid memories, deep thoughts, and imagination.

Location hidden

#92165 Aug 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I have stayed there also. The only "ghosts" I have ever seen are most likely just my own vivid memories, deep thoughts, and imagination.
I did a tour of Arlington once and there are areas there that sent chills up my spine. Some places have a spirit of their own
Anne

United States

#92166 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
My oldest daughter is a firey redhead....nuff said!!!

Lol

Location hidden

#92167 Aug 29, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>My oldest daughter is a firey redhead....nuff said!!!

Lol
I have the red hair, green eyes and fair skin but can't do any Celtic dances.
Maybe I'm a rejected Irish.
Anne

United States

#92168 Aug 29, 2013
@imposter . Heeheehee ! Gotcha!

Guess ill just post my little chuckle to imposter. I've deleted a goofy story that happened at the thong club meeting involving Kegel exercises and a story about a confederate flag. I'm sitting down and shutting up.

Location hidden

#92169 Aug 29, 2013
Anne wrote:
@imposter . Heeheehee ! Gotcha!

Guess ill just post my little chuckle to imposter. I've deleted a goofy story that happened at the thong club meeting involving Kegel exercises and a story about a confederate flag. I'm sitting down and shutting up.
Oh I would love to tell my keigel banana story from the playboy club in Memphis.
1985 was a great summer to be young.
lol
The flag has me scratching my head.....
Anne

United States

#92170 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I would love to tell my keigel banana story from the playboy club in Memphis.
1985 was a great summer to be young.
lol
The flag has me scratching my head.....
Well , the flag. I guess I'm about the only person that has a confederate flag NORTH of the ohio river. I was at a yard sale several years ago down south and there was something folded up in a sack. Curious soul that I am I pulled it out and there it was! The yard sale operator says "where'd that come from " and " if you want it you can have it"! Im a sucker for "free" So now it's hanging from the rafters of my pole barn mostly forgotten and mostly hidden by a stash of old furniture. One of these days my heirs will run across it and like you, Miss E, scratch their heads. Heeheehee.

Location hidden

#92171 Aug 29, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Well , the flag. I guess I'm about the only person that has a confederate flag NORTH of the ohio river. I was at a yard sale several years ago down south and there was something folded up in a sack. Curious soul that I am I pulled it out and there it was! The yard sale operator says "where'd that come from " and " if you want it you can have it"! Im a sucker for "free" So now it's hanging from the rafters of my pole barn mostly forgotten and mostly hidden by a stash of old furniture. One of these days my heirs will run across it and like you, Miss E, scratch their heads. Heeheehee.
Great !
I have a few "pictures" that I've lost among my stuff. I chuckle to myself
When I think of my kids finding them years from now and their jaws dropping open. I don't even look for them anymore, the thought of the shock is too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moaning at Hardees 16 min bob 14
Dr. James Chaney, ACE pain clinic at Hazard- bu... (Sep '13) 25 min bob 28
We Have A Dictator; Not A President! 1 hr Thinker 9
Cashew 1 hr bud 3
hey aunti raggs 1 hr iWorkformoney 4
cruzing down the boot hill 2 hr bob 24
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr What about this D... 131,543
WrecK On 15 20 hr Patsy Gambill 4
Jackson Dating
Find my Match

Jackson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Jackson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Jackson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:42 pm PST

NFL12:42PM