Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
66,161 - 66,180 of 81,595 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
W KY Girl

Waterford, WI

#78021 Dec 13, 2012
Good morning Roaming. Birds were busy here yesterday - saw a big hawk sitting in a tree a couple times, turkey vultures cruising, some small birds fussing and the bigger ones eating some feed. But later in the day they all hid out.

I'm thinking another nap myself. Have a good day.:)
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#78022 Dec 13, 2012
Na, I been up a long time just doing other things. Hope everone has a good day, sees plenty of birds and enoys some freakin good coffee.

The Sandy fund raising was pretty awesome. The old dudes still can rock the house down playing their old classics. It was televised to over two billion people across the world. I watched it all and would watch it again if it air'd. I hope it brought in enough money to make a difference.

Now, back to the black goddess in my cup.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78023 Dec 13, 2012
That is one good reason for living alone. Dog does not mind if I run the washer and dryer at 4 am as long as he can sleep "in", which he does.

He sleeps IN his blanket beside my bed, then sleeps IN the recliner, and also sleeps IN front of the stove. The only place he does not sleep IN is in the kitchen. He likes to be wide awake to keep an eye on the refridgerator. LOL
W KY Girl

Waterford, WI

#78024 Dec 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are just the first on this thread. I have been up since 4 am or 3 am your time. Dog wanted fire.
I was probably snoring at that time! lol I don't blame dog, it's cold!:)
W KY Girl

Waterford, WI

#78025 Dec 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are just the first on this thread. I have been up since 4 am or 3 am your time. Dog wanted fire.
I was just thinking about building my goofy dog a shelter out of straw bales. Maybe if I just make it three sided he'll get in it, maybe. All these dang doghouses and he just turns his nose up at them!
W KY Girl

Waterford, WI

#78026 Dec 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
That is one good reason for living alone. Dog does not mind if I run the washer and dryer at 4 am as long as he can sleep "in", which he does.
He sleeps IN his blanket beside my bed, then sleeps IN the recliner, and also sleeps IN front of the stove. The only place he does not sleep IN is in the kitchen. He likes to be wide awake to keep an eye on the refridgerator. LOL
Sounds like dog has got it made. lol My dog comes to the door to talk to me but he doesn't want to come in. The times I have had him in he about drives me crazy - every single move I make he is right on me, following me. Can't even go to the bathroom without him trying to come. lol The one time he did appreciate being inside was during the ice storm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#78027 Dec 13, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like dog has got it made. lol My dog comes to the door to talk to me but he doesn't want to come in. The times I have had him in he about drives me crazy - every single move I make he is right on me, following me. Can't even go to the bathroom without him trying to come. lol The one time he did appreciate being inside was during the ice storm.
I don't know how my dog can stand it but when I am on the throne, he comes and lays on the throw rug next to my feet. LOL He takes that same spot when I am in the shower or goes back in there on his own and lays there until I come give him a bath. I suppose that is his way of telling me that he wants a bath. My dog follows me around too, but I like it. Plus he goes where ever I go and waits in the truck. It is surprising how many ladies I meet. I quite often come out of a restaurant or store and find some lady standing by my truck and talking to the dog. They say "Oh, you are the guy with the dog". Every single man aught to travel with a dog LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78028 Dec 13, 2012
I have had several crows lately stealing all the food. They don't play fair.
W KY Girl

Waterford, WI

#78029 Dec 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how my dog can stand it but when I am on the throne, he comes and lays on the throw rug next to my feet. LOL He takes that same spot when I am in the shower or goes back in there on his own and lays there until I come give him a bath. I suppose that is his way of telling me that he wants a bath. My dog follows me around too, but I like it. Plus he goes where ever I go and waits in the truck. It is surprising how many ladies I meet. I quite often come out of a restaurant or store and find some lady standing by my truck and talking to the dog. They say "Oh, you are the guy with the dog". Every single man aught to travel with a dog LOL
So dog is a chick magnet huh?:) I bet he is cute. I wouldn't mind mine following me but when he is in the house he is right on me. I turn around and about fall over him. I can be sitting in a chair and just lean up the slightest acting like I'm going to get up and he jumps to his feet ready to go where ever I'm going. At on point I put a leash on him and attached the other end to a chair leg so I could do something. He chewed it in half so quick you wouldn't believe it. lol He thinks a leash is just so beneath him. lol

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#78030 Dec 13, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Wow, I wish I would have gotten home sooner to join in. You guys were funny tonight. Especially you Imposter. lol
Wonderful day, sunshine, BIRDS, shopping and driving around looking at pretty Christmas light. Love gas has gone down to 3.11 a gal. Hope you all have a chance to do that.."It's begining to look a lot like Christmas"
. I wish I was at the 12/12/12 benefit concert for Sandy Victims. Wow, what a lineup.
Guess I will check email, FB, scan the headlines and go to bed since I missed everyone. I was going to sing Soft Kitty to Hempburn, Una and Imposter. Maybe tomorrow night. I am staying home. Hope you have a beautiful morning and a great cup of coffee to start the day. I am sleeping in. Too much fun tonight.
Goodnight!
Cheerful greetings Believer. I'm definately going to hold you to singing the Soft Kitty song. Lol. That will go down as a classic. I will always say, that was better than anything Humpaburn could ever cook on that Weber Bullet grill of his and he can come up with some top notch recipes. Have a blessed day, dear one.

Teddy Fartman

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#78031 Dec 13, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Na, I been up a long time just doing other things. Hope everone has a good day, sees plenty of birds and enoys some freakin good coffee.
The Sandy fund raising was pretty awesome. The old dudes still can rock the house down playing their old classics. It was televised to over two billion people across the world. I watched it all and would watch it again if it air'd. I hope it brought in enough money to make a difference.
Now, back to the black goddess in my cup.
Good morning Humpaburn. Ah yes, I have had my cup of coffee for the day. I hope to see lots of birds today. Wow, your black goddess in your cup. I'm glad to hear the wifes diet plan is working. That's really tiny. You really should join her and lose that beer gut. I think you would see great results on your shine splints. Have a good day.

Fartman

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#78034 Dec 13, 2012
crickets wrote:
<quoted text>
I've actually been impressed by your niceties lately. Goodnight.
Thank you for going to bed Sybil. Hope you have a beautiful day of watching conspiracy flicks on Youtube today. Stay safe from the Reptillians. I saw some of our top leaders change into ugly lizard like creatures on Youtube, scary stuff.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#78035 Dec 13, 2012
Thank you AW, for not stoking Sybils fire. LOL.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#78036 Dec 13, 2012
Although I do not watch the paumpus Dr.Phil, I see on his show promo a lady guest is still breast feeding her 4 YEAR OLD !!!..... GO BOY !!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#78037 Dec 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, AW. Been up since 5 A.M. Stein wanted heat turned up. No more fire since I moved here. Miss that wood-burning stove, even with the soot that came with it.
W KY Girl

Waterford, WI

#78039 Dec 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf, do you do much cooking on your wood stove?
Dana

Ashland, KY

#78040 Dec 13, 2012
Does any one have a recipe for "old fashion apple stack cake" .
My grandpa has expressed a desire for some and I have never heard of it. He is 89 and I would love to surprise him .Thank you to anyone who can help.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#78041 Dec 13, 2012
The birds and squirrels are fighting today. Not enough seeds, too many animals.
Imposter

London, KY

#78042 Dec 13, 2012
Dana wrote:
My grandpa has expressed a desire for some and I have never heard of it. He is 89 and I would love to surprise him .Thank you to anyone who can help.
I am sure that Abeliever or Toots will be more than glad to help you out when they get on here later Dana. Both of them seem to like to cook. Wish I could help, but all I could do would be post an online recipe, those ladies probably both have fine home cooked recopies that will be better than anything I could find for you..
Imposter

London, KY

#78043 Dec 13, 2012
Will you help this lady out please?
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, AW. Been up since 5 A.M. Stein wanted heat turned up. No more fire since I moved here. Miss that wood-burning stove, even with the soot that came with it.
Dana wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Obama Zombies 151,260
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 25 min Mitch 1,438
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min Jenny4 130,529
What Kind Of America do you want? 37 min Frequent faker 6
Tim Spencer 1 hr Change 1
wreck on wolverine 3 hr no reason for mad... 54
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr Advertisment 26,226
Brandon Miller Gone at last 18 hr Classified 31
corruption in jackson ky 18 hr Horatio 18
Michelle howard (Feb '13) 18 hr Claudia 28
Who is the best looking man in town? (May '10) Thu Jess 375
•••
•••
•••

Jackson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••