2 dead, 9 hurt at separate shootings ...

2 dead, 9 hurt at separate shootings across NYC

There are 1 comment on the New York Daily News story from Jul 20, 2013, titled 2 dead, 9 hurt at separate shootings across NYC. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

The sign that welcomes you to the Jacob Riis Houses. At a different location in the complex, a male teen was shot in the face Friday night at 118 Ave. D, at the NYCHA The Jacob Riis Houses on the lower East Side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Tony Vega

New York, NY

#1 Jul 20, 2013
It is ashamed what happen to this young man. I played all my different kind of sports growing up on the lower east side. Right where this young man got killed in front of 118 Ave D we use to play on the barrels,football,stickball,bas ketball on the logs,skellys,johnny on the pony,tag on the igloo, etc. All on that little block...most of us stayed out of trouble the majority of us work for the city and some are retired 90% of the kids turned out alright! But we had all these things to do. After they re-did Jacob riis and took away the barrels,the igloo,stickball, and the games we use to play there is nothing for those kids to do there, it was the worst travesty of man kind for that neiborhood. Now you go there and they have benches right smack in the middle and city bikes park there....terrible!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr SweLL GirL 16,362
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr zef 312,211
Cnn must be renamed Clitnn 4 hr eltrumpo 1
You Clinton voters should stay home election day 6 hr Trump voters 1
Madam President 6 hr doomednewt 13
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 7 hr Just Saying 13,125
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 7 hr Moon Rhythm 15,453

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance