Reasons to cheer For President Obama ...
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

#488 Dec 29, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Twist and spin if you but you can not hide from the truth
More worthless noise from an ignorant putz.

Dry up, little boy.
Logic

United States

#490 Dec 30, 2012
Teddy R The Racist wrote:
<quoted text>
More worthless noise from an ignorant putz.
Dry up, little boy.
The content is killing you. The truth is killing you. The facts are killing you.

And you can not handle it.
Jerry Plunkett

AOL

#491 Dec 30, 2012
The Imperial Presidency at its best.
The Constitution specifically says, all money bills originate in the House of Representatives. Then the Senate debates the bill sent to them by the House. After both Houses agree upon the bill, it is sent to the President for his signature. If the President refuses to sign the bill, the Legislative Branch has the authority to override the veto with a 2/3 vote.
Why the President is involved in this process just tells you that we have an Imperial Presidency.
I don't blame Obama though. This has been going on since FDR. Every year, we see the Legislative Branch becoming more and more obsolete.
Pretty soon, as Patrick Henry once said, "I see your President one day becoming a King."
TrollBot

Mclean, VA

#492 Dec 30, 2012
Racist ILLogic wrote:
<quoted text>
The content is killing you. The truth is killing you. The facts are killing you.
And you can not handle it.
Troll. Ignored.
the reason

Yonkers, NY

#493 Dec 30, 2012
ZCs wrote:
More reasons to cheer for Prseident Obama and why
Important Bills Blocked By Republicans In 2012
1. A minimum wage increase.
2. Campaign finance transparency.
3. The Buffett Rule.
4. The Employment Non-Discrimination Act.
5. U.N. treaty to protect the equal rights of the disabled.
6. The Paycheck Fairness Act.
For sure.
By someone who has genuine concern for the well being of the country, not talking points.
the reason

Yonkers, NY

#494 Dec 30, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
The content is killing you. The truth is killing you. The facts are killing you.
And you can not handle it.
Only in the alternate universe where most of those jokers live and will continue to do so.
They can't afford the toll for the stargate into reality.
Logic

United States

#495 Dec 31, 2012
No fiscal cliff and another reason to cheer for PresidentObama.

Right Power!
the reason

Yonkers, NY

#496 Jan 2, 2013
Logic wrote:
No fiscal cliff and another reason to cheer for PresidentObama.
Right Power!
Agreed.
Common sense prevailed once again.
ZCs

Bronx, NY

#497 Jan 16, 2013
Another reason to cheer for President Obama.
Right Power!!!
Let's not mince words, with his issuance of 23 executive orders related to reducing gun violence, President Barack Obama is putting his life on the line.
The National Rifle Association is in the business, along with other even more fringe gun advocacy groups, of ginning up the base into a froth of hysteria. In this case, the gun lobby – as it is known – has been "warning" the white males psychologically in need of guns that Obama is going to confiscate all their firearms – and this nonsensical but highly incendiary charge has been caroming around the gunner universe since before the president was sworn in.
Timothy McVeigh was no anomaly. He just happened to succeed in killing 168 people in Oklahoma City. There are an unknown, but presumably large, number of pro-gun, "Turner Diary" reading gun fanatics out there who are fueled on high octane paranoia – and believe themselves the valiant patriots of a gun-toting white Christian male America. They are homegrown cousins of the Islamic Jihad movement, imbued with the conviction that killing in order to save the sacred gun culture is an act of martyrdom, not a crime.
On Truthout yesterday, Thom Hartmann wrote a trenchant insight into the Second Amendment and how it was originally crafted to placate Southern states who wanted to maintain armed militias to hunt down slaves and ensure a pro-slavery paramilitary. Hartmann describes the historical context of the Second Amendment:
By the time the Constitution was ratified, hundreds of substantial slave uprisings had occurred across the South. Blacks outnumbered whites in large areas, and the state militias were used to both prevent and to put down slave uprisings. As Dr. Bogus points out, slavery can only exist in the context of a police state, and the enforcement of that police state was the explicit job of the militias.
If the anti-slavery folks in the North had figured out a way to disband - or even move out of the state - those southern militias, the police state of the South would collapse.
Now, we have our first African-American president and the heritage of the "slave patrols" is returning with a vengeance as the gun lobby stirs up white males fearing for their loss of power in society into a frenzy.
ZCs

Bronx, NY

#498 Jan 16, 2013
con't

The 23 executive orders proposed by President Obama include many that are aimed at reversing the NRA's thus far successful excerpts to limit the ability of law enforcement to reduce and solve gun crime and violence. Obama is also proposing to once again allow government research into gun violence, which the NRA has successfully strong armed congress to prohibit. In addition, Obama is ending years of the NRA's emasculation of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms by appointing a permanent director, which the gun lobby has resisted.
The executive orders are, in general, geared to be pro law-enforcement, pro-crime prevention, and pro-public health. They are only a start, but as firmly and publicly presented by Obama an important step. But the NRA will whip up a storm of virulent and bellicose opposition to Obama's executive orders, with menacing language that will fall just short of calling for an armed rebellion.
Somewhere, perhaps in many members of the gun cult, the idea of Jihad for the cause of armed white males will result in an effort to shoot the president.
That is, in fact, the chilling -- potentially -- lethal threat that Obama faces in taking such a forceful public stand on reducing the toll guns take in our society. Even if the most significant actions he mentioned today (an assault weapons ban, a universal background check, etc.) face unlikely passage in the House as long as the Tea Party is dominant.
For the moment, Obama – who BuzzFlash at Truthout has criticized many a time for being too conciliatory toward right wing loonies – has shown us a profile in courage, one in which he is putting the lives of the American people above his own.
Logic

United States

#499 Jan 17, 2013
President Obama !

Right Power!
truth

Bronx, NY

#500 Jan 18, 2013
Logic wrote:
President Obama !
Right Power!
That's right.

4 more years!!!
ZCs

Bronx, NY

#501 Jan 22, 2013
Another reason to cheer for President Obama!!

Right Power!!!

With its elegant rendering of the liberal agenda before the eyes of the American people, President Barack Obama's second inaugural address was music to the ears of many a progressive. But to the ears of Tea Partiers and the Republican right, this inauguration speech, as well as the ceremony that surrounded it, was war -- not just a war of words, but a war of prayer, a war of poetry and even, perhaps, a war of song.

Driving the message home were the hands of the Fates, who conspired to see the second inauguration of the nation’s first African American president fall on Martin Luther King Day, the national holiday whose very creation was opposed by so many who still today comprise the Republican Party’s right wing.

Here we recount a dozen ways in which the president brought his fight to the right, in no uncertain terms, at his second inauguration.
truth

Paramus, NJ

#502 Jan 22, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Another reason to cheer for President Obama!!
Right Power!!!
With its elegant rendering of the liberal agenda before the eyes of the American people, President Barack Obama's second inaugural address was music to the ears of many a progressive. But to the ears of Tea Partiers and the Republican right, this inauguration speech, as well as the ceremony that surrounded it, was war -- not just a war of words, but a war of prayer, a war of poetry and even, perhaps, a war of song.
Driving the message home were the hands of the Fates, who conspired to see the second inauguration of the nation’s first African American president fall on Martin Luther King Day, the national holiday whose very creation was opposed by so many who still today comprise the Republican Party’s right wing.
Here we recount a dozen ways in which the president brought his fight to the right, in no uncertain terms, at his second inauguration.
4 MORE YEARS!!!!

America made the right choice.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#503 Jan 24, 2013
[QUOTE who="eth now posting as 'truth'"]<quoted text>
4 MORE YEARS!!!!
America made the right choice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Sure they did.

It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/its-...

And Obama's BLS still aiding and abetting the fraud by cooking the numbers:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/and-...

Time to eat your peas, Obamabot fools - you're still partying on the afterdeck of the Titanic.
truth

Paramus, NJ

#504 Jan 24, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Sure they did.
It's Official: Worst. Recovery. EVER
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/its-...
And Obama's BLS still aiding and abetting the fraud by cooking the numbers:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-01-24/and-...
Time to eat your peas, Obamabot fools - you're still partying on the afterdeck of the Titanic.
Stop your whining and get over it, the sky is not falling.
truth

Paramus, NJ

#505 Jan 24, 2013
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
The content is killing you. The truth is killing you. The facts are killing you.
And you can not handle it.
The truth always hurts, that's why deniers and liars hate it.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#506 Jan 24, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop your whining and get over it, the sky is not falling.
Sure. The Messiah is doing just great.

http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8152
ILAL

Paramus, NJ

#507 Jan 24, 2013
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. The Messiah is doing just great.
http://newmediajournal.us/indx.php/item/8152
Who, Jesus Christ?

He always does well.
Logic

United States

#509 Jan 24, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth always hurts, that's why deniers and liars hate it.
Then the jerks have meltdowns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 min NYStateOfMind 316,871
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 9 min Forrest 10,106
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 9 min Forrest 11,499
Review: Dr Rolando M. Melendez DPM May 27 Colephiffer 1
News Muslims Protest Police Policies: "Walking While... (Mar '13) May 25 mohammed was a pe... 2
Poll Would you participate in a class action law sui... (Apr '13) May 6 mattashley73 68
Any small store owners looking for discounted h... (Oct '14) Oct '14 savyseller8 1
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]