Gore raps Obama on climate change in post-Sandy speech

Dec 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore on Thursday sharply criticized President Barack Obama, a fellow Democrat, for failing to make global warming a priority issue, saying action was more urgent than ever after the devastation in the Northeast from Superstorm Sandy.

Comments
1 - 20 of 84 Comments Last updated Dec 13, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Ol Al gonna make some more money!

Since: Oct 08

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

After he said this, he got in his private jet and left.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

ManBearPig Speaks!!!

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Ninthman wrote:
ManBearPig Speaks!!!
And he calls himself "Ninthman".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

In my opinion, Obama will place more emphasis on the global warming problem in due course. Even those lacking higher brain function will benefit.

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
In my opinion, Obama will place more emphasis on the global warming problem in due course. Even those lacking higher brain function will benefit.
there's nothing in it for obama...it's dead in the water.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
And he calls himself "Ninthman".
'ninthman' is the old 'eighthman', who renamed himself, after I renamed him,'eighth grader'. He was proud to have moved up one grade level.
Whether 'eighth grader' advanced to the ninth grade or not, he still has no hi skule deegreee with upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
there's nothing in it for obama...it's dead in the water.
There's plenty in it, and not just for Obama, but for the planet. Get back to me when the paranoia is treated.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

As long as Americans don't mind paying to clean and rebuild after these storms with their tax subsidies, I say, lack of planning is good. We don't want to get in the way of BIG OIL and DIRTY COAL profits to multinational corporations. America is a colony again of the international oligarchs. We are all just serfs. We pay our taxes to the fascist (corporate fatcat Robber Baron owned) government that wants to destroy the vanishing Middle Class and reduce our livelihoods to a subsistence living.

Thanks to global warming there isn't much of a winter in Michigan anymore. This year EXPECT an EARLY Wisconsin spring... if you know what I mean. People are getting a mad as hell with ACORN.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

And if the weather in Mich. was cold and snowing all day you would blame global cooling.

“Obama Shames the USA”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>And he calls himself "Ninthman".
The Battling Boys of Benghazi
We're the Battling Boys of Benghazi,
no fame, no glory, no paparazzi.
Just a fiery death in a blazing hell,
defending the country we loved so well.
It wasn't our job but we answered the call,
fought to the consulate, and scaled the wall.
We pulled twenty countrymen from the jaws of fate,
Led them to safety, and stood at the gate.
Just the two of us, and foes by the score,
but we stood fast to bar the door.
Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied,
So we fought and we fought, and we fought till we died.
But we gave our all for Uncle Sam,
but Barack Obama didn't give a damn.
Just two dead SEALs, who carried the load,
no thanks to us, we're just "bumps in the road."
Who knew

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

PHD wrote:
And if the weather in Mich. was cold and snowing all day you would blame global cooling.
Facts don't mean much to you FUX News FUX.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

I have number of carbon credits that I would be willing to part with for $2750 each. Get them now before the collapse. Cash only please.
black helicopters

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
As long as Americans don't mind paying to clean and rebuild after these storms with their tax subsidies, I say, lack of planning is good. We don't want to get in the way of BIG OIL and DIRTY COAL profits to multinational corporations. America is a colony again of the international oligarchs. We are all just serfs. We pay our taxes to the fascist (corporate fatcat Robber Baron owned) government that wants to destroy the vanishing Middle Class and reduce our livelihoods to a subsistence living.
Thanks to global warming there isn't much of a winter in Michigan anymore. This year EXPECT an EARLY Wisconsin spring... if you know what I mean. People are getting a mad as hell with ACORN.
Without "big oil" (I assume you mean an Arab controlled market) or "big coal" (which makes more than half of your electricity), you'll be generating power for your electric tinker-toy car by running on a treadmill.

PS. Drooling paranoia NEVER makes sense.
pogue mahone

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There's plenty in it, and not just for Obama, but for the planet. Get back to me when the paranoia is treated.
Of all of the Charlie Browns in the world, you are the Charlie Browniest.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

well you can open up a coal mine, but we're gonna bankrupt it.

how bout that, the prez of the US, telling a perfectly legal industry that employs thousands of people, that he is coming after them, and their jobs...what a guy

when he shuts down all the coal mines, where will libs plug in their electric cars to recharge them?
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

It is good to see Obama doesn't pay any more attention to Gore then the rest of us.
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

black helicopters wrote:
<quoted text>
Without "big oil" (I assume you mean an Arab controlled market) or "big coal" (which makes more than half of your electricity), you'll be generating power for your electric tinker-toy car by running on a treadmill.
PS. Drooling paranoia NEVER makes sense.
Hey, A-hole, forgive me for not wanting to pay my tax dollars to subsidize your profits and socialize your losses.

If you want to pretend there is a free market, go ahead, but the rest of us (99%) will not be playing along.

We want true COMPETITION. The RENEWABLE CLEAN ALTERNATIVES deserve the subsidizes given to BIG OIL and DIRTY COAL. Those WELFARE QUEENS must stop. BIG OIL and DIRTY COAL should also be required to contribute to a clean up fund for all the unpaid damages that those industries cause.

Since: Dec 07

Navasota, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, A-hole, forgive me for not wanting to pay my tax dollars to subsidize your profits and socialize your losses.
If you want to pretend there is a free market, go ahead, but the rest of us (99%) will not be playing along.
We want true COMPETITION. The RENEWABLE CLEAN ALTERNATIVES deserve the subsidizes given to BIG OIL and DIRTY COAL. Those WELFARE QUEENS must stop. BIG OIL and DIRTY COAL should also be required to contribute to a clean up fund for all the unpaid damages that those industries cause.
He meathead, Shell, Chevron and all the others are doing more research on clean energy than all you numbnuts 99% claimers put together! You're all talk, that is it..........the ideological world you live in won't ever accomplish a damn thing.......you really are cluesless to what's going on aren't you?
black helicopters

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us. What is your alternative energy? How does it power a car? What does it cost for the equivalent amount of energy equal to one gallon of gas.

Will the workers who will produce this energy be paid more than they are now? Or less?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE