Jax Heights man admits anti-Russian h...

Jax Heights man admits anti-Russian hate attack

There are 16 comments on the www.nypost.com story from Dec 4, 2009, titled Jax Heights man admits anti-Russian hate attack. In it, www.nypost.com reports that:

A Jackson Heights man has pleaded guilty to assault as a hate crime in a 2007 attack on another man he suspected of being Russian, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.

Andy Acosta, 20, admitted Tuesday to stabbing 25-year-old Oltion Mala while making anti-Russian remarks. He is expected to be sentenced to eight years in prison and five years of supervised release at his next court date Jan. 22.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nypost.com.

“Hope for Best- Expect Worst”

Since: Jan 07

Somewhere in Colorado

#1 Dec 4, 2009
Well, it looks like the USA too has its share of biased hate-filled attackerrs who attack innocent people. These biased hate-filled Russophobes were eager to harass a stranger and call him names and then killed him...even though he was an Albanian and not a Russian... The man died, and the perpertrator got only 8 years. I'm sure that prison is no fun even for a day, but 8 years is certainly getting off easy for provocated murder.
Mike

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 4, 2009
Stefanya wrote:
Well, it looks like the USA too has its share of biased hate-filled attackerrs who attack innocent people. These biased hate-filled Russophobes were eager to harass a stranger and call him names and then killed him...even though he was an Albanian and not a Russian... The man died, and the perpertrator got only 8 years. I'm sure that prison is no fun even for a day, but 8 years is certainly getting off easy for provocated murder.
Acosta, that is a Hispanic last name, too bad we don't have a guy like Joe Arpaio in our city, he puts Hispanics in the Slammer and Deports Illegals faster than you can say Buenos Dias. I would prefer a Russian over a Hispanic any day of the week.
American Dood

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2009
Stefanya wrote:
LOL, if you ever lived in New York City, you'd know that the Russians that live here are Russian-Americans and they are Very very racist toward black people.

Since: Jan 09

Novokuznetsk

#5 Dec 6, 2009
Stefanya wrote:
Some media channels should take credit for such silly hate crimes. I beleive there are still many destructive stereotypes about Russians being used by TV and newspapers. So the man was an Albanian, probably was just walking home, then some idiot killed him just because he thought he was Russian. I thought religious and national tolerance is highly promoted in the US.
Lukashenko is Dr Phil

Tampere, Finland

#6 Dec 6, 2009
American Dood wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, if you ever lived in New York City, you'd know that the Russians that live here are Russian-Americans and they are Very very racist toward black people.
Are you talking about those russian criminals who live in Brighton Beach also known as "Little Odessa"?
igor gonzales

Jamaica, NY

#9 Sep 4, 2011
can you take this article out of the web?
Observer

United States

#10 Sep 4, 2011
Oltion Mala is a Russian name?

Maybe he was just sentenced for extreme stupidity.

Pouk may be next. LOL
Truth Be Told

United States

#11 Sep 4, 2011
American Dood wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be a bit racist toward blacks myself, until I moved away from them.(:

Jamaican blacks are cool though, except for the drug dealers and I really like that astrophysicist on TV.

Truth be told, blacks in the NYC burbs are very anti-Russian because they see them as very white and very upwardly mobile (including the mafiosi unfortunately) and they equate the two, same attitude as they've had toward any new wave of immigrants since time immemorial.
INS Agent

United States

#12 Sep 4, 2011
Lukashenko is Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about those russian criminals who live in Brighton Beach also known as "Little Odessa"?
How were we supposed to know? They all said they were dissidents.
Vor v Zakone

United States

#13 Sep 4, 2011
We were. We dissented against law and order.

Besides, the pickins were better over here.
INS Agent

United States

#14 Sep 4, 2011
Vor v Zakone wrote:
We were. We dissented against law and order.
Besides, the pickins were better over here.
But you lied to us.
Vor v Zakone

United States

#15 Sep 4, 2011
You just heard what you wanted to hear.
Pro Ukraine

UK

#16 Sep 5, 2011
Observer wrote:
Oltion Mala is a Russian name?
Maybe he was just sentenced for extreme stupidity.
Pouk may be next. LOL
You are a complete and utter moron. Why do you have to bring me into everything. You're obsessed with me, you poofter.
Observer

United States

#17 Sep 5, 2011
Morons to some are soothsayers to others. LOL
Carl Jung

United States

#18 Sep 5, 2011
I find pro ukraine to be a fascinating case study. He seems to exhibit all the symptoms of being a true representative of the collective unconscious - of a colony of cockroaches.

I will soon be publishing my new book, entitled:

"The Psycho-Entomological Origins of a New Species'
Observer

United States

#20 Sep 5, 2011
I think it's OK to write 'twit' on topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 6 min DBWriter 4,181
Jenner's ding dong 11 min Comrade deBlowzio 2
OBAMA, is the worst President ever? 13 min Go Blue Forever 98
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 15 min NYStateOfMind 316,714
So what's Obama's plan for dealing with ISIS? 18 min Community Disorga... 6
Review: Dr Rolando M. Melendez DPM May 27 Colephiffer 1
News Muslims Protest Police Policies: "Walking While... (Mar '13) May 25 mohammed was a pe... 2
More from around the web

Jackson-Heights People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]