Disability is the new welfare

Disability is the new welfare

Posted in the Jackson-Heights Forum

Shhhhhhhh

Corona Del Mar, CA

#1 Mar 28, 2013
Shhhh. Don't tell the government.
==========
The number of people who depend on checks from Social Security's disability programs has soared in recent years, according to NPR's series "Unfit for Work: the Startling Rise of Disability in America." The reports, which began over the weekend and continue this week, raise the question: How disabled are the recipients, really? As you might imagine, they have touched a nerve.

A quick primer: the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program provides monthly cash assistance to people who are poor and disabled, including families with disabled children. The basic monthly SSI cash benefit is a set amount -- currently $710 for an individual and $1,066 for a couple. The Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program also provides monthly cash assistance, to disabled people who have worked in jobs covered by Social Security. People who leave the workforce and go on disability also qualify for Medicare.
Screw You

Jersey City, NJ

#2 Mar 28, 2013
Some People Have Worked For Many Years..and Became Disabled,and had Plenty of Taxe's Taken from Them,they have paided into that Benefit's and unEmployment Benefits..Write to your Congress or Obama To Create More Job's..and stop sending Billions to the Muslim Brotherhood''and cancel some of his Fancy Costly Vacation's'' and create more Job's as he Promise''Perhaps those who are collecting thease benefits which they have Earned,may seek Employment.and add a few more years to the many years they have worked allready'''Thats what you get for being a DUMB AZZ LIBERAL!!

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

Since: Jun 11

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#3 Mar 28, 2013
..Actually The Gray Box Was me..had to restart mi pc..and had to register Again...lol''

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#4 Mar 29, 2013
What I Don't Understand..You Who Voted This FA...GET IN..Now Complaining..WHERE'S THE FU...CKING LOGIC!!
splenda

Hicksville, NY

#5 Mar 29, 2013
Not necessarily. There are different types of Disability.

People who worked their butts off for 30 years and become Disabled, and do not work off the books.

People who are scammers who are on SSI Disability, never had a real job in their life, and work their butts off OFF THE BOOKS for 20 years!

I can't understand how these people work off the books for twenty years, lying to everybody, get away with it! They do it in full view of everyone, and investigators can't figure it out???? Some of them even brag about how much they make!!! It's incredible to me!

Then you have the foreigners who do the same thing in front of everyone spitting in your face! How about them. Leeches. They size you up everywhere you go to see what they can get from you, because they are openly robbing the citizens of this country and getting away with it. And they become more arrogant by the day.

Citizens are killing themselves to pay for college for their kids, and these mocking leeches are getting it for free!

Fret not because of the Evildoers, neither be envious of the workers of iniquity, for they will soon be cut down like the green grass and will be no more.

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#6 Mar 29, 2013
AGREE..Ive Worked For a Period Of 37 Years..30 Of Them Were On The Book's..Paided State Federal Taxe's..SS..And What Ever I Got Hit With...You Got Jail Birds and Drug Addiction and Ilegal's..Never Worked in Thier Live's Are Getting Just as Much as Those who Worked 30 some what Years or more..and Getting Just as Much Benefits and Food Stamps...as Those Who Busted Thier Chop's here in America for many Year's...and Clamining They have Some Right's!!..and never paided a Cent To The System..and want health care..and every other Goverment Hand out's..Drvier's Lic..and are Not Even Legal Residents or Citizen's.

“GOD SAVE THE KING”

NEW YORK CITY=FL=CT

#7 Mar 29, 2013
But SSD Allow's a ceratain amount of Hours..For those who have a SSD Ritirement Pension..To Make up The Cost Adjustment..and hv to Report ur Wage's..and Also Have Tickets To Back To Work Programs..as such I Belong To..where I can Go Back to works as I Feel Fit...and working is allways better.
duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yonkers, NY

#8 Mar 30, 2013
splenda wrote:
Not necessarily. There are different types of Disability.
People who worked their butts off for 30 years and become Disabled, and do not work off the books.
People who are scammers who are on SSI Disability, never had a real job in their life, and work their butts off OFF THE BOOKS for 20 years!
I can't understand how these people work off the books for twenty years, lying to everybody, get away with it! They do it in full view of everyone, and investigators can't figure it out???? Some of them even brag about how much they make!!! It's incredible to me!
Then you have the foreigners who do the same thing in front of everyone spitting in your face! How about them. Leeches. They size you up everywhere you go to see what they can get from you, because they are openly robbing the citizens of this country and getting away with it. And they become more arrogant by the day.
Citizens are killing themselves to pay for college for their kids, and these mocking leeches are getting it for free!
Fret not because of the Evildoers, neither be envious of the workers of iniquity, for they will soon be cut down like the green grass and will be no more.
SSI was created as a way for large cities to dump their welfare caseload onto the fed government. SHAZAM!!!!! You no longer have professional multi-generational welfare "families". Now you have eternally disabled.
shameless-li

Denver, CO

#9 Apr 1, 2013
Shhhhhhhh wrote:
Shhhh. Don't tell the government.
==========
A quick primer: the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program provides monthly cash assistance to people who are poor and disabled, including families with disabled children. The basic monthly SSI cash benefit is a set amount -- currently $710 for an individual and $1,066 for a couple. The Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program also provides monthly cash assistance, to disabled people who have worked in jobs covered by Social Security. People who leave the workforce and go on disability also qualify for Medicare.
you forgot to mention that if a "parent" is on SSI, their children are also entitlted to get benefits $$$$...whether or not they have another parent who is working and can afford to support the family.

the government says that they are entitled to it, so they take it whether or not they need it...THAT SHOULD STOP...
shameless-li

United States

#10 Apr 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 26 min Hooplah 41,526
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 32 min rainmaker2016 16,065
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 42 min Ted Fio Rito 11,964
jets talk back (Dec '07) 47 min Jets Insider 11,919
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr State of Florida 12,553
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 15,179
Boycotting the NFL 3 hr Dentist 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance