Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Here is the link to the story:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rev_tried_... ?

What was done to the lady who complained was deplorable. Her pay was cut with no benefits, and the church apartment rent was doubled.

And they did nothing to the Pastor, Jose Burroughs. He should have his credentials removed.

And to help the New York Post become educated, since apparently in New York they don't hire competent reporters or their editors are incompetent. SDA Pastors are referred to as that, PASTORS. The title Reverand is to be given to NO MAN. It is reserved for God. There are several other titles that are reserved for God as well.
Pastor Jose Burroughs does not preach on Sunday. If the reporter had done his job, he would realize that SDA stands for Seventh-Day Adventist, which means that Seventh-Day Adventists keep the TRUE sabbath from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown.

If the New York Post can't keep the Sabbath day correct (Friday sundown to Saturday sundown), then SHUT THE NEWSPAPER DOWN.
Angel Jackson

Keene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

If you guys actually read the article, nowhere does it say that pastor Jose Burroughs was found guilty. All of this is just accusations made by an angry woman that lost her position as secretary for not dong her job properly. Also, she did not get a pay cut and her benefits were not removed. That goes against the company's policy. Grecia Mena lost the case due to a complete lack of evidence. Something to think about, if this has been going on since 2008, why is she now speaking out? As David said, the author of this article shows a complete lack of education and research and as a result it loses a lot of credibility.
Tonette

Forest Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Has this case been adjudicated? If so, what was the outcome? I'm seeing certain info in posts here, but I see no evidence of this anywhere.

I understand why it did not come to a culmination until 2011. That's when he allegedly exposed himself, which took things to another level.
People think that lawsuits are filed, tried and settled like on Boston Legal or some other TV show. It often takes years, lots of due diligence (research) before a case is put on the judge's docket. Anyone who has filed a lawsuit in criminal court knows what I'm talking about.
The Truth

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

I am amazed to know that this scandle has come so close to me. I know this very well and can tell you this was not the first time I have heard this. I also know the Mena and the family very well. No, he might have not been found guilty but he should. Now I am a SDA too and have also seen this Pastor cover up and protect another sex scandle were a young girl was sexually abused by a Pathfinder Leader. When the event first happened I heard this Pastor say he was going to do all he could to help this child and the family. This was last years story and the outcome was, the Northeastern Conference did nothing, knowing very well this particular person was reportedly involved in another scandle. My question is how do this all get swept under the rug? Simple, this Pastor knew the truth and did little to know. But why? That is simple too. If he pushed the issue, surely there had been so many other events he could have been afraid to be discovered. The point is this Pastor should be removed, but I would bet, the Northeastern Conference would try very hard to slam the lady and make her look bad. Why? NEC has more scandles and involved in so many corrupt behaviors and they do not need this to come out. Trust me, this Pastor is a wolf in sheep's clothing and the Northeastern Conference Leadership is just as bad. Now I want to make something very clear. Not all who are part of this Conference are bad and the work done is very much real and loaded with faith. But we need to look at our bibles and believe in the word rather then believing in man. And when we see something, like Mena, step up, be brave and let the world know "You will not be victimized no more". I pray for the pastor, that our Lord forgives him. That he admits what many know to be true. As for Mena, may the Lord bless her, give her new work and that her faith remains in Christ. This is not sad, it is prophetic.
why gossip

Lynn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

The Truth wrote:
I am amazed to know that this scandle has come so close to me. I know this very well and can tell you this was not the first time I have heard this. I also know the Mena and the family very well. No, he might have not been found guilty but he should. Now I am a SDA too and have also seen this Pastor cover up and protect another sex scandle were a young girl was sexually abused by a Pathfinder Leader. When the event first happened I heard this Pastor say he was going to do all he could to help this child and the family. This was last years story and the outcome was, the Northeastern Conference did nothing, knowing very well this particular person was reportedly involved in another scandle. My question is how do this all get swept under the rug? Simple, this Pastor knew the truth and did little to know. But why? That is simple too. If he pushed the issue, surely there had been so many other events he could have been afraid to be discovered. The point is this Pastor should be removed, but I would bet, the Northeastern Conference would try very hard to slam the lady and make her look bad. Why? NEC has more scandles and involved in so many corrupt behaviors and they do not need this to come out. Trust me, this Pastor is a wolf in sheep's clothing and the Northeastern Conference Leadership is just as bad. Now I want to make something very clear. Not all who are part of this Conference are bad and the work done is very much real and loaded with faith. But we need to look at our bibles and believe in the word rather then believing in man. And when we see something, like Mena, step up, be brave and let the world know "You will not be victimized no more". I pray for the pastor, that our Lord forgives him. That he admits what many know to be true. As for Mena, may the Lord bless her, give her new work and that her faith remains in Christ. This is not sad, it is prophetic.
Well it is sad to see how people can be judge by rumors and no by facts, regardless this pastor is guilty or not everybody has the right to defend themselves when any type of allegations are brought to justice.
been closed to the "victim" or family doesn't necessarily makes the allegations to be truthful or to mention another case which it was "heard" to be covered up by him, without even knowing the facts involved in this other case, which it was also brought to justice and the results were that this person was set up based on rumors from a 17 years old teenager who lied to the authorities who lied to the local church board and to the Administration of the Northeastern Conference. And this could probably be the case in here with this allegations against this pastor. if after a full investigation done by the authorities, a judicial case in a court of law everything becomes clear on the pastor's case, any other comments or rumors are just gossiping and will only show a desire to destroy this persons reputation and the lack of love towards our neighbor and a fake Christianity which according to the bible it is a fact, no a gossip or a rumor. And that is 100% prophetic.
let just wait to see the final outcome from the court. TRUE S.D.A.
Want-to-be-save

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Do not judge so you can not be judged. We do not know people's heart. Our job is to pray for all of those who are weak because their condition may be our condition. Right now God is not condemning people, He is calling them to repentance. We all have our own weakness but God still love us and is able to receive us if we come to him.
Streetrunner

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Monday Jul 14

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
Jackson-Heights Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••