|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Zakynthos Descendants in Israel 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Zakynthos Descendants in Israel met on October first,2011, at Yossi Gani's garden,at Neve Yamin. At the beginning of the gathering ,we thanked Archbishop Chrisosthomo Dimitri and the Mayor of Zakynthos Mr. Lukas Carrer -May the Lord bless their souls-for their gallant and heroic mission of saving the whole Jewish community during the Second World War. We would be so eager to meet these heroes' descendants ! Afterwards, there was a festive meal and we all rejoiced happily
PLEASE HELP

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

The miraculous story of the Jews of Zakynthos

By LEORA GOLDBERG,

SPECIAL TO THE JERUSALEM POST

12/13/2009 03:38

ZAKYNTHOS, Greece - I needed a break at the end of a long and exhausting semester. My family was off to the southern end of the Balkan Peninsula, to an unknown island in Greece. I decided to join them. We flew from Tel Aviv to Athens. From Athens, towards the famous sunrise of the eastern isles, we landed on the island of Zakynthos - "Fiore di Levante" (Flower of the East)- which is also known by its Italian name - Zante. During the ride,...

READ MORE >>

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/The-miracul...
PLEASE HELP

Vancouver, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

The islanders who tried to stop a Greek tragedy

By Maureen Lipman, September 22, 2011

Follow The JC on Twitter

The first time I visited the Greek island of Zakynthos,(the one just to the right of Captain Corelli's improbable mandolin) was my first post-bereavement holiday.
It was the first time I'd ever gone on holiday alone and, incidentally, the last. I was 56 years old, nervy as a cricket in a teapot and I'd never driven on the wrong side of the road.

By the time I followed the instructions to Anna's Villa at the northern tip of the island, not only was I wet with sweat but my hunched shoulders were damply silhouetted in the fabric of the seat cover and I was openly railing at Jack, my lamented husband, for putting me in this predicament.

Later that evening, after a maidenly swim, I went outside to close the shutters and a bird flew into the living room. "Oy vey!" I heard my mother's voice in my ear: "Birds! Bad luck!"

READ MORE >>

http://www.thejc.com/comment-and-debate/comme...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackson-Heights Discussions

Search the Jackson-Heights Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Politically Correct Dictionary: The Defini... 20 min Culture Auditor 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 55 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 306,120
Instagram follow chart of 2014! 2 hr Follow me at gonsteady 1
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 2 hr Pollys Opinion 14,414
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 6,370
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 3 hr LI Football fan 10,242
If the Tea Party formed a Well Regulated Militia 3 hr General Robert E Lee 22
•••
•••

Jackson-Heights News Video

•••
•••

Jackson-Heights Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••