Islanders talk back
RICH L

New York, NY

#4947 Jul 30, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Rich, I never really thought about it. Interesting subject though. The first thing that pops into my head is that it's like wondering if you would want terminal cancer or aids. You gonna die a miserable death from both so it really doesn't matter much. Both Wank and Kumar are scumbag criminals and it's frustrating to live with the fact that Wank owns and has done everything he can to help destroy this once proud franchise. Neither one has or will ever have a clue as to how to run a hockey team so.....
Yeah Jack, guess you're right about that. here is something to give you a bit of joy, scroll down and play the video...

http://islanderspointblank.com/islanders/the-...
RICH L

New York, NY

#4948 Jul 30, 2013
I took a look at that site to see if there was anything new with the Isles, only saw the jersey sale that I hadn't seen before.

“Happy Guinness Christmas !”

Since: Dec 07

(J)ust (E)nd (T)he (S)eason

#4949 Jul 31, 2013
RICH L wrote:
I took a look at that site to see if there was anything new with the Isles, only saw the jersey sale that I hadn't seen before.
another jersey sale ? are they still selling those horrible base orange ones from the Yashin era ? I still have my fish stick jersey from that glorious Wendall Clark era. As bad as it looked, I did like the lighthouse patch on the shoulder.

take a look at ESPN today; there's a story that the Blackhawks are selling 'melted ice' from the United Center for charity. Nice that it's charity...but how do you enjoy 'melted ice'??
RICH L

New York, NY

#4950 Jul 31, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
another jersey sale ? are they still selling those horrible base orange ones from the Yashin era ? I still have my fish stick jersey from that glorious Wendall Clark era. As bad as it looked, I did like the lighthouse patch on the shoulder.
take a look at ESPN today; there's a story that the Blackhawks are selling 'melted ice' from the United Center for charity. Nice that it's charity...but how do you enjoy 'melted ice'??
It was Bobby [knuckles Nystrom's]Nystroms cup winning jersey, and as for enjoying melted ice, I would refreeze it, and use it in my Dewars Scotch and water drinks. lol
RICH L

New York, NY

#4951 Jul 31, 2013
Here is a great scrap video. 2 guys who will not quit...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/27758
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4952 Jul 31, 2013
RICH L wrote:
Here is a great scrap video. 2 guys who will not quit...
http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/27758
Rich, check out Mirasty's fights with Steve Bosse. Amazing fights. Also check out mirasty fighting Boogard. Mirasty is just plain crazy!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4953 Aug 1, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich, check out Mirasty's fights with Steve Bosse. Amazing fights. Also check out mirasty fighting Boogard. Mirasty is just plain crazy!
Jack, I already saw them once before, both are tough as nails.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4954 Aug 1, 2013
Mirastys nickname was "nasty" not many guys would have wanted to tangle with him. Would have like to see him and Domi go, but I think nasty was to big and strong for Domi.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4955 Aug 1, 2013
RICH L wrote:
Mirastys nickname was "nasty" not many guys would have wanted to tangle with him. Would have like to see him and Domi go, but I think nasty was to big and strong for Domi.
That would have been a great fight Rich! Mirasty is listed at 5'10 but that's being generous I think. Not tall but like Domi, built like a fire hydrant. Those two would have made careers out of fighting each other had Mirasty made it in the NHL. A friend of mine played minor league hockey with Mirasty and said he's insane. His fight videos pretty much support that statement. I think he's been playing in Russia for the past couple of seasons.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4956 Aug 1, 2013
Mirasty playing in Russia huh? Must be a ton of guys in the AHL/NHL who are thankful for that. lol

Can you imagine what a fan favorite he would be if he played in NY?
RICH L

New York, NY

#4957 Aug 11, 2013
Can anyone tell me why Marty Reasoner is still listed on the Islanders roster, in 31 games last season he had a total of 5 points yes, 5 points and they were 5 assists, with NO goals, so why the hell is this waste still with the team? He and Snow, and Wang must be into a manage a trois.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4958 Aug 12, 2013
I was just watching an old 1980 video and the Isles 1st cup and got to thinking, if Milbury was the GM back then they would have been hard pressed to win even 1 of their 4 consecutive cups, thank God he wasn't around at that time, and he came when they were in their waning years, and he was a huge contributer to that wane.
Stumpy the wonder dog

New York, NY

#4959 Aug 12, 2013
stumpy32 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have not. Where would I find it??? I thought they just reset this site???
Wow!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4960 Sep 5, 2013
What happened to this thread, why no posts since Aug.12, and only by me, the last post by some imposter is not me, which someone wants others to think just that.
Isle Insider

West Babylon, NY

#4961 Sep 10, 2013
Hey Rich I hope your well and gearing up for the season. I have been away from this for stuff and even though I feel the Islanders main goal is getting to the playoffs where as other clubs want to win the Stanley Cup.
I'll call it know, IF the Islanders make the playoffs it will be another first round ouster.(them of course) other than that they do not make the playoffs. They did nothing in the off season to help better their team, or shall I say take them to the next level.
And as always Charles Wang is a POS !!!!!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4962 Sep 11, 2013
Isle Insider wrote:
Hey Rich I hope your well and gearing up for the season. I have been away from this for stuff and even though I feel the Islanders main goal is getting to the playoffs where as other clubs want to win the Stanley Cup.
I'll call it know, IF the Islanders make the playoffs it will be another first round ouster.(them of course) other than that they do not make the playoffs. They did nothing in the off season to help better their team, or shall I say take them to the next level.
And as always Charles Wang is a POS !!!!!
Hey insider,Hope you had a good summer, I agree, I also do not see an iota of improvement attained by Snow over the summer for this teams chances to advance, what Cal Clutterbuck, an instigator who can't fight. I've seen several of his fights on video and he loses more then he wins, and why no new talent to go on the wing with Taveras, Moulson is good but who is going to score from the other wing? We all know that Wang sux a big one except a bunch of Wang lovers on IPB, and the head Wang lover Schultz, the "Hockey Maven LOL

#4963 Sep 18, 2013
is it me ? or does the Rangers coach look like Jack Black ?
RICH L

New York, NY

#4964 Sep 22, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
is it me ? or does the Rangers coach look like Jack Black ?
Don't know about that GD, but perhaps all those Guiness'es have warped your sense of recognition a tiny bit, you wouldn't be the first one. lol

#4965 Sep 23, 2013
RICH L wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about that GD, but perhaps all those Guiness'es have warped your sense of recognition a tiny bit, you wouldn't be the first one. lol
then again, it may have been a shadow cast by Sam Rosen's nose. Maybe I should just stop watching preseason games in all ?
RICH L

New York, NY

#4966 Sep 24, 2013
The Islanders schedule for 2013/2014
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/team/new-york-is...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jets talk back (Dec '07) 3 min jimi-yank 13,335
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 min Truth is might 312,881
Madam President 7 min doomednewt 201
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 2 hr Roxie Darling 16,836
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr Roxie Darling 15,655
News 'I loved my weird jiggly belly': Jennifer Lopez... (Jun '13) 3 hr Jello 3
im victim to phoneSex Assault 5 hr victim 34

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages