Islanders talk back
RICH L

New York, NY

#4751 Feb 4, 2013
I bet these 2 would go and have a beer together both are retired, and there is no more reason to fight to prove who was the better man.

RICH L

New York, NY

#4752 Feb 5, 2013
Well back to back losses, no goals on the PP in 14 chances, Islanders are right where the league wants them, patsies. Okposo is as adept at playing hockey, as Obama is at governing the country, and I don't care about the flack, but Tavares is just a good player, he is not a great player, nor is he a star player, and sometimes he looks like he needs a kick in his ass to wake him up. These points they are throwing away will come back and bite their asses in April when for another year they may be watching hockey on their TVs at home.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4753 Feb 6, 2013
RICH L wrote:
I bet these 2 would go and have a beer together both are retired, and there is no more reason to fight to prove who was the better man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =z4FrNYuGqZsXX
Those were the good ol days Rich! Ray was a tough sob to fight but a cheater as well. There were a few guys that would sew their pads to an oversized jersey so it was hard to hold on and in Rays case everything would pull right off. McSorley had only the top part of the shoulder pads sewn to his jersey so there was nothing to hold on to. Stu Grimson was another. The jersey tie down rule evened the playing field.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4754 Feb 7, 2013
Well, well 3 losses in a row, no PP goals in 19 chances over that span, is another 2 and 19 losing streak looming under Capuano, and effing Snow signing some of the worse garbage players in the league like Okposo, A-Mac, Reasoner, Streit. Goring said the Isles have trouble 5 on 5 just like last year, thats becaue of who Snow signs, garbage.
The move to Bklyn means shit, because they will lose fans, not add any, and their attendence will dwindle down to around 8,000 if that if they do not improve the team, and totally forget any mention of playoffs, they finished 29th last year and does anyone think they have upgraded enough to make the playoffs, I don't see it at all, and it will show by the middle of March, the Barc will be more then half empty for home games, Thanks Wang, and Snow you 2 c..ksuckers
RICH L

New York, NY

#4755 Feb 8, 2013
Snow says in todays newspaper that he likes the way the Isles are playing, oh really? See above post, and they are now tied for 20th in the league,they will not be at .500 for the rest of this season, hey Chuck, and Garth both of you SUCK!!!
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4756 Feb 9, 2013
RICH L wrote:
Snow says in todays newspaper that he likes the way the Isles are playing, oh really? See above post, and they are now tied for 20th in the league,they will not be at .500 for the rest of this season, hey Chuck, and Garth both of you SUCK!!!
Rich, they hit the cap floor with the TT trade. They couldn't be happier! Wank doesn't care about anything else.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4758 Feb 9, 2013
Hey Jack, sorry for the profanities in my last post, but I am very near my breaking point with these assholes, I agree with your assessment about the TT signing and the cap, and that is another thing that infuriates me, they sign garbage, and small players and there are "fans" who accept this crap, believing Wang, and Snow are the greatest thing since sliced bread, maybe they are young enough to put up with the BS with this club for several more years, but at my age I can't wait anymore, not for them to win a cup, but just to make, and go far in the playoffs, i'll probably be long gone before that happens with those 2 running things on this team. I wish the lockout was still in effect.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4759 Feb 10, 2013
RICH L wrote:
Hey Jack, sorry for the profanities in my last post, but I am very near my breaking point with these assholes, I agree with your assessment about the TT signing and the cap, and that is another thing that infuriates me, they sign garbage, and small players and there are "fans" who accept this crap, believing Wang, and Snow are the greatest thing since sliced bread, maybe they are young enough to put up with the BS with this club for several more years, but at my age I can't wait anymore, not for them to win a cup, but just to make, and go far in the playoffs, i'll probably be long gone before that happens with those 2 running things on this team. I wish the lockout was still in effect.
I know how you feel Rich! This team is built to fail. The TT trade speaks volumes to this teams ownership. This team has ONE higher end player on it and that is it after 6+ years of a "rebuild". Sad! I truely believe that the coaching staff has Zero say in who plays, when and on what lines. Nothing will change in Brooklyn and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot. Wang has showed what he's made of and what he's capable of in the past 11 or so years and expecting this to change or results to be different would be foolish. The only hope is that after the Brooklyn disaster plays itself out and there are no fans and losing continues Wank will sell the team the the Russian and we'll be free. Until Wank is gone nothing will change.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4760 Feb 10, 2013
Jack, Looking at the standings as of today Sunday,the 10th of Feb. the Isles are now tied for 24th in the league, and will no doubt stay there or regress back to last years standing of 29th in the league,fior the rest of this once again lost season, and you are right about what Wang is satisfied with, now I haven't been on Islanders Point Blank for many months since they changed the format, as I cannot get on, I can only partially read some of the comments in there, I bet there are still some effing socalled Isles "fans" who are perfectly satisfied with the direction of the team under Wang, and Snow and sing their praises, and want fans like us to be more patient,and to who I say to them,
"they are all a bunch of effing assholes, and they deserve what this team has evolved into".
Also 11 or more years under the slanteyed Sc..bag Wang is enough,as we both agree the move to Bklyn means absolutely nothing, and with no improvement I pray they go broke and he sells, or moves the damn "team". This is what we waited for the lockout to end for, another year of pussie hockey, played by smurphs, and no talent bums.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4761 Feb 10, 2013
A sports writer named Phil Mushnick who writes for the NY Post has lambasted the Isles fans for their discourteous treatment of Sid Crosby in the game the other night, when crybaby Crosby went down he took great exception to fans treating a "superstar" like that,I posted him an e-mail telling him that Crosby is one of the dirtiest, sneakiest players in the league, and who is known to fake injury and bait the officials into giving opposing players penalties, so he and team can go on the PP, I also told the writer he must not be aware of Crosby's reputation around the league as if he were to check it out, he would find what I am saying is true, I await a reply from said writer, if one should be coming.

Here is the article:

Please indulge this self-indulgence, but Tuesday night I did something I never have done. What I saw and heard during a live sports telecast was so disgusting, so depressing that I turned off the TV and read a book.

On MSG-Plus, the Penguins were at the Islanders when Pittsburgh star Sidney Crosby took a stick to the face, fell to his knees and began to drip blood on the ice.

The crowd in Nassau Coliseum instantly erupted in joy. This wasn’t the kind of gleeful, audible noise made by 10 or 20, or even 50 desensitized fools, but by hundreds, and more likely thousands. The joy was loud, long and lousy with the sickness that was inevitable, given the cumulative effects of being urged — trained — to become remorseless wise guys and group participation punks.

Getty ImagesCLICKING SHAME! Islanders fans cheered on Tuesday when Penguins star Sidney Crosby was injured by a stick to the face.And when Crosby, among the most talented players in the NHL, skated off for medical treatment, those Coliseum patrons chanted,“Crosby sucks!”

On MSG, announcers Howie Rose and Butch Goring — the latter a Lady Byng Trophy winner for gentlemanly conduct while playing in the NHL — said nothing about the MSG team’s home crowd’s behavior, perhaps conditioned, if not compelled, to ignore such things.

Sad, sadder, saddest. For years, this is where our sports culture has been headed. I thought I could stomach anything, get past it. But Tuesday, for the first time, it was time. Time to shut off the TV and read a book. Never thought it ever could come to that.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4762 Feb 11, 2013
Kinda of interesting that the Rag fans aren't held to the same standard the Isles fans are held to. This is a common occurance at MSG and it is somehow worn as a badge of honor by the fans and the NY Media. The dirty language at MSG is another issue that isn't touched by the Media. If that were to take place at the NVMC the Media Dooshbags would be up in arms. Phuck them and their double standard and their refusal to report the news instead of making the news!!!!! They're all bought and paid for and it more than shows. It amazes me how nobody at Newsday ever calls out Wank or Snow for the garbage they continue to ice year after year.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4763 Feb 11, 2013
5 losses and counting, true they had some bad luck with the pucks bouncing, but you make your own luck, the meatball coach said some guys played soft, that has been his mantra for a couple of weeks, you look at the size of Isles players Visnovsky is about the size of a fire hydrant in NYC, about 3 feet tall, Streit, McDonald are small and slightly built,none of them could pull a sailor off their sisters. I guess Wang adding TTs salary is having an orgasm, he doesn't have to pick up anyone else, and Snow, and Wang should both have a major coronary attack. Jack if you go on youtube and find the right video, when the Isles played the Pens, many are blasting the Isles for cheering Crosby geting hurt, calling the Isles fans classless, like that doesn't happen in Pitts or Philly, or MSG, effing hippocrites.

Turn out the lights, the party's over.

“she may be a murderer, but....”

Since: Dec 07

she'll ensure U cant prove it

#4764 Feb 12, 2013
and the march to the Draft Party has begun
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4765 Feb 12, 2013
RICH L wrote:
5 losses and counting, true they had some bad luck with the pucks bouncing, but you make your own luck, the meatball coach said some guys played soft, that has been his mantra for a couple of weeks, you look at the size of Isles players Visnovsky is about the size of a fire hydrant in NYC, about 3 feet tall, Streit, McDonald are small and slightly built,none of them could pull a sailor off their sisters. I guess Wang adding TTs salary is having an orgasm, he doesn't have to pick up anyone else, and Snow, and Wang should both have a major coronary attack. Jack if you go on youtube and find the right video, when the Isles played the Pens, many are blasting the Isles for cheering Crosby geting hurt, calling the Isles fans classless, like that doesn't happen in Pitts or Philly, or MSG, effing hippocrites.
Turn out the lights, the party's over.
Party? What party? When you have to put DP in the net to shake things up you know you're in deep shyt! Snows rebuild, which was really a disguise for a long stall while waiting for the LH to be approved,is a complete failure. I guess it never dawned on these two dooshbags that they really could have rebuilt during this time instead of pretending to. The JT pick could have been made by a monkey. The rest of Wangs picks have been failures so far. Most of Wangs picks have been outshined by other teams later picks. And I say Wang because anyone who's been paying attention to this circus all these years has to realize that Wang is making the calls from a-z. I have a friend who is a former Islander player and has played on 3 other NHL teams as well as the AHL, Canadian Jr, and in Europe and he says the Isles are the worst run of any organization he has ever played for. Pro or minor. Everyone can't be wrong!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4766 Feb 12, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
Party? What party? When you have to put DP in the net to shake things up you know you're in deep shyt! Snows rebuild, which was really a disguise for a long stall while waiting for the LH to be approved,is a complete failure. I guess it never dawned on these two dooshbags that they really could have rebuilt during this time instead of pretending to. The JT pick could have been made by a monkey. The rest of Wangs picks have been failures so far. Most of Wangs picks have been outshined by other teams later picks. And I say Wang because anyone who's been paying attention to this circus all these years has to realize that Wang is making the calls from a-z. I have a friend who is a former Islander player and has played on 3 other NHL teams as well as the AHL, Canadian Jr, and in Europe and he says the Isles are the worst run of any organization he has ever played for. Pro or minor. Everyone can't be wrong!
Jack, I know it has been no party, but it's the only thing I could think of at the moment of my post,as they are done once again for this season, and you are correct all of Wang/Snows picks have been a bust, yet they try to convince us that there is a lot of talent there, Okposo is one of the biggest wastes of money ever, along with Bailey, AMac, Hamonic, and then they throw money away signing garbage like Streit, Reasoner,Visnovsky, and they even resigned Martinek ugh, he reminds me of another Kenny Jonsson all the while having the Al Qaeda guy on the bench, aka redlight Rickey, ready to lace up and lose another game, if he isn't bad he is unlucky,or jinxed either way they lose again, with him in net.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4767 Feb 13, 2013
Wow, Now that's real progress,the Isles are now tied for 27th, anyone who claims to be an Islanders fan, and who believes in what BS Wang, or Snow are shoveling, should be strapped down and have lobotomies performed on them.

#4768 Feb 14, 2013
RICH L wrote:
Wow, Now that's real progress,the Isles are now tied for 27th, anyone who claims to be an Islanders fan, and who believes in what BS Wang, or Snow are shoveling, should be strapped down and have lobotomies performed on them.
less than 10,000 showed up at the Monday night game. Once they announced the move, any chance they had winning new fans or trying to get die hards to at least show up for a weekday game or two pretty much evaporated. They have a Monday afternoon game for holiday and for the most part, have done well on those days because the kids are home from school. But you can see now, the fans are taking a hike again. You know if they had a chance to get out of Nassau today, they'd jump at it. They want a fan base to pay their high ticket prices first before doing any improvements on the team. I suppose they think Brooklyn fans are willing to do that.....Good luck
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4769 Feb 14, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
less than 10,000 showed up at the Monday night game. Once they announced the move, any chance they had winning new fans or trying to get die hards to at least show up for a weekday game or two pretty much evaporated. They have a Monday afternoon game for holiday and for the most part, have done well on those days because the kids are home from school. But you can see now, the fans are taking a hike again. You know if they had a chance to get out of Nassau today, they'd jump at it. They want a fan base to pay their high ticket prices first before doing any improvements on the team. I suppose they think Brooklyn fans are willing to do that.....Good luck
The only hope in Brooklyn is to load the team with Russians and bank on the B. Beach people supporting their countrymen and maybe they might find players willing to play there as well.

#4770 Feb 14, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
The only hope in Brooklyn is to load the team with Russians and bank on the B. Beach people supporting their countrymen and maybe they might find players willing to play there as well.
I think Kvasha still hangs out there
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4771 Feb 14, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Kvasha still hangs out there
LOL! Kvasha is probably a gypsie cab driver in BB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Occupy Wall Street rises up for Sanders 12 min woodtick57 35
FREXIT is next, France to leave the EU 16 min Expert 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 19 min rainmaker2016 14,593
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 20 min rainmaker2016 15,379
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 33 min Met Mad Hatter 40,131
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 44 min Mike Lupica 329,662
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IB DaMann 60,025
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages