bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#9254 May 9, 2014
hey I bet thy draft a black guy next--when there is a big strong white guy there--build from the o-line. we don't need anymore look at me guys.
JETS 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#9255 May 9, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
think they could have grabbed a corner with more need there and they had at least 3 top wide outs with speed available. think this is a rex pick and could haunt them. a fast wide out with decker? ouch...a huge need...lets see if they grab one in round 2...still 2 or 3 decent ones left...brandon cooks was out there and he is damn good and would have been a good fit
oh well, lee from usc out there...for long? doubt it...he would be a great fit for the jetsies...
I think they went defensive with the first pick was because this draft is very deep in the WR department...... They are very lucky and they needed a safery...... CB in the later round....

2 WR that they could be looking into.....Donte Moncrief (WR, Ole Miss) Rare combination of 4.3 speed, outstanding quickness, and a big frame (6’3", 220lbs).....

Jordan Matthews (WR, Vanderbilt) He doesn’t have blazing speed, but he can go up and get the ball..... Good body control and the ability to change his stride length to shift from quick cuts to long strides in the open field.....
JETS 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#9256 May 9, 2014
the don wrote:
<quoted text> a real surprise the jets taking Calvin Pryor a safety a good player for sure but not the offensive impact player they need to help the QB (whichever one) improve and try to compete with teams like the Dolphins and Patriots...all those draft picks they have and they make a stupidfucking pick like this...Mgt just refuses to get off the clown bus..
Wouldn't call this a stupid pick considering he was one of the best Safeties in the draft..... I did want them to go offensive with the first 2 picks, but it wasn't meant to be....

Like I was telling Jim, this draft is deep at WR and I think that's another reason why they went defensive..... Plenty of picks left for them and they have a chance to get a WR or TE.....
JETS 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#9257 May 9, 2014
Wow so with the 2nd pick the Jets get Jace Amaro (TE, Texas Tech).... Good pick and they needed a TE..... They tried to trade up to get WR Lee from USC, but i'm glad that didn't go through......

Amaro is big, fast and athletic...... Not the greatest blocker in the running game, but right nifty in the middle of the field...... Not to mention very good hands and basically a WR at TE.... Could be a reliable target underneath for Geno.....

There aren’t many guys with his blend of size, speed, and catch radius (6’6", 270lbs, 34" arms, 33" vertical, 4.6sec 40)...... Love the size factor and this can be a matchup nightmare for defenses.....
JETS 4 LIFE

Philadelphia, PA

#9258 May 9, 2014
With the 3rd pick the Jets select CBQ Dexter McDougale who i'm not to familiar with..... They needed another CB and this is turning into a young defense in the back end.....

From what I'm reading he was more highly touted at the end of 2012 and got hurt this year..... He ended up not getting invited to the combine and that's probably why nobody’s heard of him.....

So they drafted some help in the back end of the defense which is something they needed..... Still want a WR, but i'm not upset with these picks..... I'm very happy with the Amaro pick lol...

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#9260 May 12, 2014
in conclusion; not a bad draft. I still would have taken Dennard instead of Pryor but with playing against Sammy Watkins twice, better have someone who could tackle him. Last season, WR's were burning the Corners and Safeties too often; something had to be done. Perhaps the Chris Johnson signing may have changed the thought process a bit. Loved the Jace Amaro pick; added some much needed beef with Dozier and the Tajh Boyd pick in the 6th is a good gamble. With the three WR's drafted, you can only hope one could emerge to contribute. What I was most happy about was the Jets GM kept all 12 picks; that made watching TV on Saturday somewhat interesting

Also congrads to the G-Men and their fans; Odell Beckham will make them forget Nicks; Andre Williams was a steal in the 4th

#9261 May 12, 2014
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
Wow so with the 2nd pick the Jets get Jace Amaro (TE, Texas Tech).... Good pick and they needed a TE..... They tried to trade up to get WR Lee from USC, but i'm glad that didn't go through......
Amaro is big, fast and athletic...... Not the greatest blocker in the running game, but right nifty in the middle of the field...... Not to mention very good hands and basically a WR at TE.... Could be a reliable target underneath for Geno.....
There aren’t many guys with his blend of size, speed, and catch radius (6’6", 270lbs, 34" arms, 33" vertical, 4.6sec 40)...... Love the size factor and this can be a matchup nightmare for defenses.....
this was a great pick; you know this guy was on New England's radar and there was no chance he was leaving the second round undrafted. Not exactly the deep threat we need but will be a beast in the red zone and catch some much needed 3rd down plays. Last thing Jets need is another over-hyped USC player; this was a much better choice.
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#9262 May 12, 2014
the jets are the first team in nfl history with 3 black qb's on their roster.good luck this year 5-11
JETS 4 LIFE

Bronx, NY

#9263 May 12, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
in conclusion; not a bad draft. I still would have taken Dennard instead of Pryor but with playing against Sammy Watkins twice, better have someone who could tackle him. Last season, WR's were burning the Corners and Safeties too often; something had to be done. Perhaps the Chris Johnson signing may have changed the thought process a bit. Loved the Jace Amaro pick; added some much needed beef with Dozier and the Tajh Boyd pick in the 6th is a good gamble. With the three WR's drafted, you can only hope one could emerge to contribute. What I was most happy about was the Jets GM kept all 12 picks; that made watching TV on Saturday somewhat interesting
Also congrads to the G-Men and their fans; Odell Beckham will make them forget Nicks; Andre Williams was a steal in the 4th
Not a bad draft at all and I give it B-..... Loved the fact we kept all 12 picks, but I still wanted a BIG WR..... It's all good because for the most part this offseason has been a ok one.....

FA gave us a good #2 WR..... Also a RB who has rushed for 1000 yds per season 6 years running..... Ha is durable and who can catch the ball out of the backfield..... A QB who will be at worst a good backup and hopefully will help Geno.....

The big holes that weren’t addressed in FA (S, TE, CB) were addressed in the draft..... Pryor was probably the best safety in the draft, Amaro was the second best TE, and McDougle looks like he is a good player who might be 3rd round steal if he plays the way he did before he was injured.....We took 3 WR’s..... Not the ones I had in mind, but if even one of the three turns out to be a home run, we are way ahead of the game......

Do we still have some holes?..... Yeah we do and we can't address all of them at once.... We still don’t have much depth on the OL for example (unless Aboushi and Campbell have developed more than we know)...... Though maybe Jalen Saunders may have potential, still the size can't be a factor.....
JETS 4 LIFE

Bronx, NY

#9264 May 12, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
this was a great pick; you know this guy was on New England's radar and there was no chance he was leaving the second round undrafted. Not exactly the deep threat we need but will be a beast in the red zone and catch some much needed 3rd down plays. Last thing Jets need is another over-hyped USC player; this was a much better choice.
Thank God we weren't able to gets anything else from USC..... I don't want anything from them for a longgggggg time.... Lee might be a good player, but no thanks.....

Loved the Amaro as well and I said months ago they should draft either him or Enbron.... Like the size and that fact that maybe he can't develop some chemistry with Geno is a plus.... This will open up some room for the other WRs.... They will have to work on this run blocking though.....

#9265 May 12, 2014
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Not a bad draft at all and I give it B-..... Loved the fact we kept all 12 picks, but I still wanted a BIG WR..... It's all good because for the most part this offseason has been a ok one.....
FA gave us a good #2 WR..... Also a RB who has rushed for 1000 yds per season 6 years running..... Ha is durable and who can catch the ball out of the backfield..... A QB who will be at worst a good backup and hopefully will help Geno.....
The big holes that weren’t addressed in FA (S, TE, CB) were addressed in the draft..... Pryor was probably the best safety in the draft, Amaro was the second best TE, and McDougle looks like he is a good player who might be 3rd round steal if he plays the way he did before he was injured.....We took 3 WR’s..... Not the ones I had in mind, but if even one of the three turns out to be a home run, we are way ahead of the game......
Do we still have some holes?..... Yeah we do and we can't address all of them at once.... We still don’t have much depth on the OL for example (unless Aboushi and Campbell have developed more than we know)...... Though maybe Jalen Saunders may have potential, still the size can't be a factor.....
training camp will answer most of the questions; I agree with a 'B-' now. If the 3rd round pick at CB, one of the three WR's and Boyd make some kind of impact; that's pretty good homework. Pryor, Amaro and Dozier are all solid
JETS 4 LIFE

Bronx, NY

#9266 May 12, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
training camp will answer most of the questions; I agree with a 'B-' now. If the 3rd round pick at CB, one of the three WR's and Boyd make some kind of impact; that's pretty good homework. Pryor, Amaro and Dozier are all solid
Another important trend to acknowledge is the number of high character guys we added to this roster...... I think 4 or 5 of these players were captains and a few others come highly recommended as teammates and team first guys as well.......

Next season we may have to think about the offensive line.... We may wake up one day and realize Ferguson and Mangold aren’t cutting it anymore...... I'm not saying they are old and washed up lol.....

This is two straight drafts we’ve ignored the O-line at the top of the draft.... It wasn't a priority, but we could always use some depth at the O-Line..... Not to mention those 2 are getting up there in age.....

#9267 May 13, 2014
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Another important trend to acknowledge is the number of high character guys we added to this roster...... I think 4 or 5 of these players were captains and a few others come highly recommended as teammates and team first guys as well.......
Next season we may have to think about the offensive line.... We may wake up one day and realize Ferguson and Mangold aren’t cutting it anymore...... I'm not saying they are old and washed up lol.....
This is two straight drafts we’ve ignored the O-line at the top of the draft.... It wasn't a priority, but we could always use some depth at the O-Line..... Not to mention those 2 are getting up there in age.....
to me, there's no better investment for your draft than a good Tackle and/or center. As much as Mike Tannenbaum screwed up, his first draft set the tone for the building of the franchise..the two you mentioned. Drafting a QB does you little if you can't protect him
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#9268 May 13, 2014
3 black qb's please
JETS 4 LIFE

Garden City, MI

#9269 May 13, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
to me, there's no better investment for your draft than a good Tackle and/or center. As much as Mike Tannenbaum screwed up, his first draft set the tone for the building of the franchise..the two you mentioned. Drafting a QB does you little if you can't protect him
I agree and the scary thing is that a Center like Mangold and a tackle like Brick don't come around every season..... Brick had a bad season last year and Mangold was just ok.....

There’s a lot of faith being placed in Brick and Mangold returning to their dominant form, instead of them just naturally aging and entering the downsides of their careers…... That name Tannenbaum still sends shivers down my spine lol......
JETS 4 LIFE

Bronx, NY

#9270 May 16, 2014
bigtool wrote:
3 black qb's please
?????
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#9271 May 16, 2014
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> ?????
yes 3 and each one stinks--4-12
JETS 4 LIFE

Hollywood, FL

#9272 May 16, 2014
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>yes 3 and each one stinks--4-12
Lol it's funny because I notice you make racists comments all the time...... Aren't you the same person that said NO African American quarterback would EVER win a Superbowl?.....

Russell Wilson is what nationality again and what just happened for him in the biggest game of the year?..... You didn't say anything about that.... Why did you dismissed that fact that he was the starting quarterback for a Superbowl winning team?......
bigtool

Old Bridge, NJ

#9273 May 16, 2014
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Lol it's funny because I notice you make racists comments all the time...... Aren't you the same person that said NO African American quarterback would EVER win a Superbowl?.....
Russell Wilson is what nationality again and what just happened for him in the biggest game of the year?..... You didn't say anything about that.... Why did you dismissed that fact that he was the starting quarterback for a Superbowl winning team?......
look at Wilson listen to Wilson,does he sound black? no he is really white he is from a 2 parent household speaks proper English,no "YOU KNOWS",got a degree and is not a democrat, he's a white man really
JETS 4 LIFE

Norcross, GA

#9274 May 17, 2014
bigtool wrote:
<quoted text>look at Wilson listen to Wilson,does he sound black? no he is really white he is from a 2 parent household speaks proper English,no "YOU KNOWS",got a degree and is not a democrat, he's a white man really
It's sad that we have individuals that still see color despite the fact that everyone is human..... Your quote "does he sound black" is just totally absurd..... Does that sound like a intelligent question to you?.....

So I take it that you think EVERY African American speaks the same way with slang?..... Wow so that means you know EVERY African American?... Doesn't matter what color or nationality you are because we are all the same......

Read this article about Wilson and it's a good one.....

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4719940

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 28 min Warrior Xcrement 2,537
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 31 min Samuel Norton 14,931
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 47 min jimi-yank 40,858
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 47 min SweLL GirL 15,788
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 50 min jimi-yank 330,588
Can Hillary appeal to the L G B T and Q communi... 1 hr Disco balls 1
Bernie Sanders can't get rid of super delegates 1 hr Disco balls 1

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance