Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#8890 Nov 14, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
at this stage of his career, a good signing. rumor was the pats were going to talk to him...
he will fit in situational defense, goal line, etc..his speed is gone...
but, one of the all time greats. he will play well with rex.
I agree that Reed's best days are behind him and he will only play in situation plays. The Jets defense is very young. Reed brings veteran leadership as well as a winning attitude.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#8891 Nov 14, 2013
Long Suffering Jets Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Reed's best days are behind him and he will only play in situation plays. The Jets defense is very young. Reed brings veteran leadership as well as a winning attitude.

not to mention, he can still hit as hard as can be...and if a ball can be picked off, expect him in the area

one of the weaknesses of the jets, interceptions this year..

he will help

you pointed out some good things, good post.

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#8892 Nov 14, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
not so sure of that...he seems to have lost it. he admitted he is slower...however, that being said...in the hands of belichek or rex, they might get the little needed to push a team over the top
cant be worse then some 2nd stringer or the 53rd guy on the roster..
sign him now. just because I feel he might not be good, does not mean 2 defensive genius guys can not get something out of him..
I see the Jets just signed him; a little "defense" on the Jets part by keeping him away from Belicheat ? I feel the same way you do...if he still had something in the tank, then Houston would have never dropped him. Superb football IQ; coming off hip surgery ?....scary

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#8893 Nov 14, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the Jets just signed him; a little "defense" on the Jets part by keeping him away from Belicheat ? I feel the same way you do...if he still had something in the tank, then Houston would have never dropped him. Superb football IQ; coming off hip surgery ?....scary

Houston going in the tank...no way they drop him without knowing he cannot help

but, if rex is smart as they say he is...its in goal line stands, with needing the big hitter and less ground to cover, red zone, same thoughts, less ground to cover..certain packages

but if they think he is from the 20-20, good luck.

the Texans had him as a full time safety and it wasn't working...then he popped off on management...that was see ya time..
JETS 4 LIFE

Silver Spring, MD

#8894 Nov 14, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
keep an eye on the Ed Reed situation now that he's cleared waivers. ESPN.com reported the Ravens are not intrested but this morning's NY Post stated the Pats are and the Jets did speak with him. I'm not sure adding another banged up guy to this secondary is the right move but his defensive IQ makes it hard to say "no". I think he has enough in the tank to help this team down the playoff stretch. I was also a bit suprised the Jets didn't make a bid for Brad Smith; likely the earlier signing of Josh Cribbs negated that.
Good call on then possible Ed Reed pick up..... I agree with you about his IQ.... He can help Allen, Wilson, Milliner etc.... Also like we both know his experience with Rexs defense....

Im 50/50 on this.... Don't gets me wrong I'm happy that we go him, but how much does he have in the tank and how many snaps can he play ?..... Im glad he didn't go to the Pats too... We have to see how this works out down the stretch....

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#8895 Nov 14, 2013
Great job today by Rex grabbing Hall of Famer Ed Reed who will become the captain of the Jets defense and call the plays for Rex on the field. Ed credits his greatness to Rex for his days in Baltimore and like all players who have ever played for him loves the man and will do anything asked. The only shameful part of this was John Idzik tried to stick his nose in it, Rex has been as kind as possible to the figurehead GM in the media and will only talk down to him behind closed doors when he starts trying to interfere with the football operations, as he did today. Rex doesn't like to call Woody when Idzik tries to stick his nose in things but today was the exception when Idzik had the nerve to talk with a reporter regarding his desire not to pick up Ed....one more out burst like that by Idzik will leave Rex with no other choice but to fire him.

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#8896 Nov 14, 2013
What a great interview Rex had with Peter King. Rex has been on his best behavior with the no nothing slime known as the NY Press but couldn't resist telling King they don't have a clue what goes on behind closed doors or who's in charge and will be in charge of the New York Jets and never will for as long as he desires, although still playing the line that he's waiting on a new contract which is funny stuff. Woody has been pushing Rex to let the press have it but Rex is biding his time before making them all look like the fools they are.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#8897 Nov 14, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
What a great interview Rex had with Peter King. Rex has been on his best behavior with the no nothing slime known as the NY Press but couldn't resist telling King they don't have a clue what goes on behind closed doors or who's in charge and will be in charge of the New York Jets and never will for as long as he desires, although still playing the line that he's waiting on a new contract which is funny stuff. Woody has been pushing Rex to let the press have it but Rex is biding his time before making them all look like the fools they are.

the forum is tired of your lies....get out of here..you are banned from this forum..you were warned

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#8898 Nov 15, 2013
What a great win for the Jets last night....Rex will probably be able to start resting a few people by week 14, a week before he expected before the season started....Great job Indy

#8899 Nov 15, 2013
Guinness Picks:

Jets 19 Bills 13 -

Ed Reed or no Ed Reed; Jets "D" is far better when you factor Bills messy QB situation. Games in Buffalo can be nasty this time of the year; Nick Folk's 22 for 22 streak could take a hit if he lines up for one over 40. Both games when Geno Smith did not turnover the ball (Falcons & Saints), Jets won. As far as Ed Reed goes ? I suppose we'll find out the first time Buffalo heaves a long one

Jints 27 Packers 14 -

Even with Aaron Rodgers; the Pack are no longer elite

Chiefs 30 Broncos 20 -

can't remember the last time I had the Chiefs in one of my picks...likely they still had Len Dawson, Otis Taylor and Ed Podolak at the time

Panthers 24 Belicheats 23 - and the Jets trim the Pats lead in the AFC East to one game !

#8900 Nov 15, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> Good call on then possible Ed Reed pick up..... I agree with you about his IQ.... He can help Allen, Wilson, Milliner etc.... Also like we both know his experience with Rexs defense....
Im 50/50 on this.... Don't gets me wrong I'm happy that we go him, but how much does he have in the tank and how many snaps can he play ?..... Im glad he didn't go to the Pats too... We have to see how this works out down the stretch....
lets put it this way...75% of Ed Reed....he is probably still better than most safeties at 100% in this league

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#8901 Nov 15, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
Guinness Picks:
Jets 19 Bills 13 -
Ed Reed or no Ed Reed; Jets "D" is far better when you factor Bills messy QB situation. Games in Buffalo can be nasty this time of the year; Nick Folk's 22 for 22 streak could take a hit if he lines up for one over 40. Both games when Geno Smith did not turnover the ball (Falcons & Saints), Jets won. As far as Ed Reed goes ? I suppose we'll find out the first time Buffalo heaves a long one
Jints 27 Packers 14 -
Chiefs 30 Broncos 20 -
can't remember the last time I had the Chiefs in one of my picks...likely they still had Len Dawson, Otis Taylor and Ed Podolak at the time
Panthers 24 Belicheats 23 - and the Jets trim the Pats lead in the AFC East to one game !

I agree on almost all your picks, just different scores

jets 24, bills 6

gmen 17 pack 14

Denver 28 chiefs 27

and I see Carolina in a close one 20-17 over the pats...I think this comes down to the final drive by one team...panthers win at the last minute...

I think teams have seen to beat the pats is to run and ram the ball down the throat of the pats...and harass brady with his average receivers...losing welker hurt them...

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#8902 Nov 15, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
Guinness Picks:
Jets 19 Bills 13 -
Jints 27 Packers 14 -
Chiefs 30 Broncos 20 -
Jets take care of business and beat the Bills and the Pats lose to the Panthers! Wow

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#8903 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Jets take care of business and beat the Bills and the Pats lose to the Panthers! Wow

I agreed with him, close game for the panthers/jets, except for the bills...they should blow them out...

just don't see the bills anything but a bottom team and the fins shot themselves in the foot with all the distractions and losing 2 starters...

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#8904 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
As you know the Buffalo game will be a war as most division game are on the road. The Bills have been in every game, have a good defense and a couple of all pro playmakers on offense. I'd be a lot more confident if we didn't have a rookie backup QB or were playing someone outside the division, like maybe an NFC team. Rex will find a way to get the W as he's warned Marty to keep it simple.

“I only voted for Obama 1 time”

Since: Mar 12

Summerville, SC

#8905 Nov 15, 2013
What a classy guy that Ed Reed is. He knew I had some doubts but he came up to me and shook my hand. Rex told me not to worry. He is in complete control and laughs at the media who gets whatever bones he tosses at them.

Easy win this weekend as the jets get ready to take the top spot.
Jeff

Buffalo, NY

#8906 Nov 15, 2013
momma chamberlan wrote:
What a classy guy that Ed Reed is. He knew I had some doubts but he came up to me and shook my hand. Rex told me not to worry. He is in complete control and laughs at the media who gets whatever bones he tosses at them.
Easy win this weekend as the jets get ready to take the top spot.
Hey dickhead momma, I saw you in the woods in Weaverville, NC sucking on some man's boner, you sick homo bastard.....LMAO!
Jeff

Buffalo, NY

#8907 Nov 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>As you know the Buffalo game will be a war as most division game are on the road. The Bills have been in every game, have a good defense and a couple of all pro playmakers on offense. I'd be a lot more confident if we didn't have a rookie backup QB or were playing someone outside the division, like maybe an NFC team. Rex will find a way to get the W as he's warned Marty to keep it simple.
Hey fatso, I bet you know more about how many rats live in Weaverville, NC than you do about football you idiot.......now get lost fatso you've been banned from this forum......take your fat ugly gut and get the fuckout you stupid moron......
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#8908 Nov 16, 2013
Bears over Ravens..... 21-17
Bengals over Browns.... 27-20
Texans over Raiders..... 24-23
Cardinals over Jags..... 24-10
Eagles over Redskins.... 28-24
Lions over Steelers.... 28-27
Bucs over Falcons.....17-16
Chargers over Falcons.... 24-23
Saints over 49ers....... 35-21
Seahawks over Vikings..... 28-10
Giants over Packers.... 24-20
Broncos over Cheifs..... 30-21 (Cheifs Overrated)
Panthers over Gaytriots.... 28-27
Jets over Bills.... 17-14
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#8909 Nov 17, 2013
Good morning GANG GREEN and NFL fans all over the world.... Today is NFL Sunday and week 11..... Divisional game today with the Jets battling the Bills.... Let's break this down for a possible Jets win.....

On offense, keep running the ball especially this time of the year.... We get Holmes, Cumberland and Winslow back which will make things a little better on offense.... Bills defense is better with some of their returning starters in the secondary..... Geno must protect the ball and put to good games in a row.... Ivory and Powell must get the ground game going.... KEEP THE TURNOVERS AND PENALTIES DOWN.......

On defense, Woods and Johnson aren't going to play today so expect a lot of carries from Jackson and Spiller..... Jets front 7 must.control those 2 and force Manuel to make plays.... Which could cause some mistakes.... Interesting to see what Reed does if he plays today.... He will help the secondary out hopefully especially with his input in certain situations.... KEEP THE PENALTIES DOWN......

So I expect a good close game despite the Bills missing some weapons.... This is a divisional game so expect a hard hitting nasty game..... I think the Jets will win this game.... That would actually be a 2 game winning streak and 2 good games in a row for the team overall which is something they haven't done all year..... J-E-T-S JETS!!!! JETS!!!! JETS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jackson-Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 6 min Hooplah 40,964
Time to go? (Jun '15) 23 min Common sense 12,381
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 26 min jimi-yank 330,759
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 33 min De Oppresso Liber 2,544
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 37 min De Oppresso Liber 11,360
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr SweLL GirL 15,885
Trump Surges 1 hr Community Disorga... 9

Jackson-Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Jackson-Heights Mortgages